Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
We always had good receivers and quarterbacks too but yolo gonna punch you in the face with a fullback for 6 yards a carry all game long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Someone showed him clips of Buddy Stephens (from Last Chance U) talking to his players and he just made the perfect Hank Hill "what a jackass" and said that's not how coaches should be. He was the last of a dying breed and I'm going to miss him.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Chump Farts posted:

When you say band director, you mean Madden, don't you? Holy poo poo. Everything is popping off at once. University better burn a lot of stuff to the ground and actually take care of it.

Yuuup: http://statenews.com/article/2017/02/john-t-madden-sexual-harassment

No further details yet, and no one else AFAIK has come out to say that Madden was a creepy, awkward dad with them, too.

One comment I read that made sense is that everything's popping now because of the impending lawsuits/trial with Nassar. All this stuff might get dug up in the process, and this is MSU trying to get out in front of it by appearing proactive and transparent.

More on Nassar: http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2016/12/21/larry-nassar-gymnastics-doctor-sexual-abuse-michigan-state/95724202/

If everything being said right now is true, Nassar really looks like our version of Sandusky. Assaults and rapes taking place under admin's notices, MSU ignoring complaints, MSU pushing women to declare themselves medically inactive if they didn't use Nassar, and MSU rounding up their own "independent" group of experts to somehow rubber-stamp pussy fingering as standard medical routine. Everything MSU did in the process looks shameful.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Music (in particular Marching Band) programs are like that all over the place.

They're soooooooo gross

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Wasn't there that smaller college band that got drilled because they were doing some insane hazing?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

KKKLIP ART posted:

Wasn't there that smaller college band that got drilled because they were doing some insane hazing?

Some HBCU in Florida killed a guy hazing him a few years ago, it was a big deal. Well obviously, you know, because they literally beat someone to death for trying to be in the band.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Marching bands are somehow worse than wrestling programs when it comes to hazing and weird poo poo, except without the payoff of being a cool guy that suplexes people.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

Some HBCU in Florida killed a guy hazing him a few years ago, it was a big deal. Well obviously, you know, because they literally beat someone to death for trying to be in the band.

That was FAMU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Detroit_Dogg posted:

We always had good receivers and quarterbacks too but yolo gonna punch you in the face with a fullback for 6 yards a carry all game long.

We had an old school coach that ran the Wing T and that's all he ran. It was 60's as gently caress.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
I'd have to look it up but my senior year I think we had like 3 games where we legit didn't even attempt a pass.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

A buddy of mine played at wofford and they didn't pass once during his four years there.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Our coach started in 1963 and is still there.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I played MLB so playing those offenses was always a ton of fun. My sophomore year we played a wing T school with two 2,000+ yard rushers in the title game and I think those guys combined for 120 yards or something. Those offenses get demoralized so fast when they get stonewalled because they realize exactly what the rest of the game will be like.

It's fun to watch those offenses go but it's really fun to shut it down on D because there's just no answer from them. They'll eventually call a pass and the QB will throw up a duck that either goes 15 yards over the receiver's head or is horribly underthrown and picked and then they go right back to rushing for no yardage.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Feb 10, 2017

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Henchman of Santa posted:

How on earth does the state of South Carolina have two chicken teams?

Two chicken teams with GREAT names

Gamecocks is obvious why it's good and Chanticleers is a cool sounding word

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Crotch Bat posted:

I played MLB so playing those offenses was always a ton of fun. My sophomore year we played a wing T school with two 2,000+ yard rushers in the title game and I think those guys combined for 120 yards or something.

Bud would have been proud. :D

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Marching bands are somehow worse than wrestling programs when it comes to hazing and weird poo poo, except without the payoff of being a cool guy that suplexes people.

because those dorks got beat up in high school and need to take their pent up aggression out somewhere

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I think we had like 3 games where we legit didn't even attempt a pass.

careful, you're gonna trigger the Florida fans

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

DJExile posted:

that's high school as gently caress and i love it

His favorite play, at least when i was there, was called The Wham, and was just everyone blocking for a runner.

Dogg, I'm 02, what year are you?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
I had a dream of being the playside guard on the 36 Wham last night, I don't get dreams very often so that was a treat.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Hey Andichu if you're lurking around here somewhere, what's your take on the Bruce Irvin/Skylar Howard war?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I think with a few exceptions all midwestern high school football stopped advancing somewhere around 1960. Most Iowa high schools run a Wing-T because, dammit, Forest Evashevski won Rose Bowls with it and who the gently caress are you to question Forest Evashevski?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Detroit_Dogg posted:

You clearly have been interacting with the wrong kind of marching bands. We suplexed all the time.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
I try not to interact with marching bands at all

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Anals of History posted:

Yuuup: http://statenews.com/article/2017/02/john-t-madden-sexual-harassment

No further details yet, and no one else AFAIK has come out to say that Madden was a creepy, awkward dad with them, too.

One comment I read that made sense is that everything's popping now because of the impending lawsuits/trial with Nassar. All this stuff might get dug up in the process, and this is MSU trying to get out in front of it by appearing proactive and transparent.

More on Nassar: http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2016/12/21/larry-nassar-gymnastics-doctor-sexual-abuse-michigan-state/95724202/

If everything being said right now is true, Nassar really looks like our version of Sandusky. Assaults and rapes taking place under admin's notices, MSU ignoring complaints, MSU pushing women to declare themselves medically inactive if they didn't use Nassar, and MSU rounding up their own "independent" group of experts to somehow rubber-stamp pussy fingering as standard medical routine. Everything MSU did in the process looks shameful.

Look, all things considered, nothing is worse than Sandusky.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I try not to interact with marching bands at all

This is a wise choice. One semester of marching band made me switch my major away from music education. Marching bands are poo poo and I hope my children don't participate in them. No marching band and no show choir. Pretty much anything else is fair game... although ironically I'd rather they not play football unless they really really want to.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Oh lord Show Choir, an ex of mine was in that before I met her and holy hell did she have some stories :stonk:

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Seaniqua posted:

This is a wise choice. One semester of marching band made me switch my major away from music education. Marching bands are poo poo and I hope my children don't participate in them. No marching band and no show choir. Pretty much anything else is fair game... although ironically I'd rather they not play football unless they really really want to.

These are the things I tell my wife about our son, re: band and choir, and she just rolls here eyes. These things matter.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I warned a lot of younger people, especially girls, not to go to expensive West Michigan Christian colleges, and it worked on everyone but one girl. Things matter.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

MourningView posted:

I think with a few exceptions all midwestern high school football stopped advancing somewhere around 1960. Most Iowa high schools run a Wing-T because, dammit, Forest Evashevski won Rose Bowls with it and who the gently caress are you to question Forest Evashevski?

I think every high school in Missouri runs the spread

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

AsInHowe posted:

Look, all things considered, nothing is worse than Sandusky.

I'm reacting more to the similarities w/r/t indifference and cover-ups in the face of repeated complaints from people effectively trapped with someone in a position of power. Sandusky was 2012. Everyone should have learned something since then. Despite best attempts to remain cynical, I honestly believed MSU's leadership would do better and be better than this.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

the mean lunch lady posted:

I think every high school in Missouri runs the spread

the real Midwest

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Hey Andichu if you're lurking around here somewhere, what's your take on the Bruce Irvin/Skylar Howard war?

Not Andichu obviously but Bruce Irvin was monstrously good and Skylar Howard choked in every big game he ever played in. Howard sucked so often the backup QB had the crowd cheering for him to take over at QB while he was writhing on the ground in pain after coming in at WR in a gimmick play.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
My HS ran a 5 WR air raid for 2 seasons because we had a division 1 QB prospect, but otherwise it's been run every play every year forever and I can confirm it's the same for 90% of schools in the area

It's weird to me when they show the top high school games on ESPN and they are running "normal" offenses instead of doing that

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Bill Snyder's in the hospital for an unknown ailment.

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Feb 11, 2017

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Saucer Crab posted:

Not Andichu obviously but Bruce Irvin was monstrously good and Skylar Howard choked in every big game he ever played in. Howard sucked so often the backup QB had the crowd cheering for him to take over at QB while he was writhing on the ground in pain after coming in at WR in a gimmick play.

Irvin also represented when WVU was good and Skylar Howard represents aggressive mediocrity.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
To ease worries a bit it's being described as "serious but very treatable" and there is currently every expectation he will return to coaching next season.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

all-Rush mixtape posted:

"super old" is a well known ailment

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Reminder that A&M is rear end

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

MourningView posted:

the real Midwest

:mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

all-Rush mixtape posted:

It's not a very good hospital, but Snyder has transferred in some JUCO doctors and coached up those that were there. His condition is expected to improve.

• Locked thread