Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Lord of the Llamas posted:

Surely that's a parody account. I mean. Seriously?

I went to that twitter and it's very obviously a joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Pochoclo posted:

I know it's a super long shot but I'd really loving love to see an independent, EU-member Scotland gain all the prosperity that England will lose, just to spite all those loving brexiter racists. I'd also move there in a heartbeat because let's face it, Scotland is cool as heck.

Scotland is megafucked whether it stays in the Union or not. The main reason to vote for independence is that if Scotland remains in the EU it will be easier to leave.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
£50 million worth.

https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/830076350358773760

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
loving hell. I'd have liked to have found one of them

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
How many people are getting a bullet in the head tonight do you reckon? That is one almighty gently caress up.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
There's a pretty good new film called Young Offenders out now, where two young lads from Cork go on an adventure to score a bag of washed up cocaine. Loosely based on the same thing happening in the Irish southwest a few years back

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Wonder how many sealed bags of flour are going to be incinerated in a few months so some copper can pad out his pension.

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

Gum posted:

There is a pretty good argument to be made for climate change being one of the factors that lead to the Syrian civil war

Yeah, I've always thought It was a bit harsh when Charlotte Church was widely ridiculed in the right wing press for mentioning this on Question Time.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Prince John posted:

Yeah, I've always thought It was a bit harsh when Charlotte Church was widely ridiculed in the right wing press for mentioning this on Question Time.

Wouldnt they ridicule her no matter what she said though? She's always going to be enemy number one to them (unless she decided to take her top off)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Prince John posted:

Unsurprising though, wars don't have multiple complex causes in right wing thought. There are good people (us) and evil people (them) and the good people have to fight off the evil people, although sometimes the evil people have a scrap to prove who is more evil.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Well that's the post brexit economy sorted. Ocean Fresh Cocaine and Chips from Norfolk, the EU will be begging us to trade with them.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

There's a Terry Pratchett documentary on BBC2 tomorrow night called Terry Pratchett: Back in Black, for those interested.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

baka kaba posted:

Jeremy Hunt comes across as one of the most evil fuckers in the cabinet. At least with IDS you can make the argument that he actually believed his poo poo and his actions came from delusion and sheer irresponsibility. Hunt gives the impression he knows exactly what he's doing and has no qualms about it, every statement he makes is a coldly calculated distortion meant to manipulate the media coverage, and it's working really well. Even with the growing concern there's barely any direct criticism of him and his department, or even the government in general

Can't wait for him to be PM!

Hunt is like a loving cockroach, and probably one of the most frustrating politicians because no colossal gently caress up ever seems to get him removed from office. That disgusting smirk as he redirects the blame onto the NHS itself, rather than his continuing ideological desire to carve it up for privatisation is infuriating. And yeah, the apparent active maliciousness is the worst part.

And the realisation that the fact he's still in office is because his loving toxic outlook stewardship is supported, and encouraged by May (not that she and the rest of the cabinet are strangers to such views).

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

"Street value"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6i_XfgdNUUk

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

TinTower posted:

Known Lib Dem strongholds of Rotherham, Bolsover, and Sunderland.

Rotherham, where the former Labour councillor was convicted of sexual assault, Tupton, where the Labour councillor quit after being cautioned for biting a teenager on the nose, and Sunderland, where the Labour councillor failed to attend a single meeting in six months.

So to sum up the evidence: LibDems are regaining some losses in LibDem areas (which is good for Labour), and do well when local Labour candidates really screw up. Some surge.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

having been on the other end of that their estimation of street value is always bollocks, I'd be interested in hearing from some filth how they come to these figures

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

JFairfax posted:

he's got old copies of Razzle in his allotment shed

I was quoted £20 for an issue of Knave that I remember finding back when I was considerably younger, and £70 for a digital copy. Man's sitting on a goldmine

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Spangly A posted:

having been on the other end of that their estimation of street value is always bollocks, I'd be interested in hearing from some filth how they come to these figures

Plod #1: So, how much should we say it's worth?
Plod #2: [uses internet Random Number Generator] £50m, apparently.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Spangly A posted:

My back of the fag packet calculation suggests it works out as £139 a gram since the haul was "around" 360kg. No idea how that compares to UKMTers' various streets.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Spangly A posted:

the filth first takes some some of the confiscated drugs and then makes up a number

man, this totally is worth like 50 mil a gram dude! wwait why are you a pig

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Niric posted:

My back of the fag packet calculation suggests it works out as £139 a gram since the haul was "around" 360kg. No idea how that compares to UKMTers' various streets.

given it's come off a boat that might even be a conservative estimate as it's probably not been cut for the street yet.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The conservative estimate is when they ask George how much he'll pay for the lot.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

JFairfax posted:

given it's come off a boat that might even be a conservative estimate as it's probably not been cut for the street yet.

I was thinking, seems a bit of a waste to smuggle baking soda and alum powder into the UK.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Guavanaut posted:

The conservative estimate is when they ask George how much he'll pay for the lot.

:golfclap:

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
How many freddos could i get for all that coke?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Regarde Aduck posted:

How many freddos could i get for all that coke?

More than 10

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

JFairfax posted:

I was once told stories by an ex crime scene guy that there met legends about people taking a dip into seized coke before going out on the beat having not realised they hadn't been cut yet.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Pesky Splinter posted:

Hunt is like a loving cockroach, and probably one of the most frustrating politicians because no colossal gently caress up ever seems to get him removed from office. That disgusting smirk as he redirects the blame onto the NHS itself, rather than his continuing ideological desire to carve it up for privatisation is infuriating. And yeah, the apparent active maliciousness is the worst part.

And the realisation that the fact he's still in office is because his loving toxic outlook stewardship is supported, and encouraged by May (not that she and the rest of the cabinet are strangers to such views).

He's like a Terminator, nothing seems to stop him. He can hide behind plants and run out of hospitals and give terrible interviews, and he's right there on the front bench next time you see him, not giving a gently caress. Mass protests and strikes where he smoothly deflects the blame and that's the end of it. He's doing the job the party wants him to do, and he's doing it very effectively. He honestly seems like one of the more dangerous tories, he obviously impressed a few people with his Culture Secretary dealings

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
Those North Face bags must have been at least £50 and all.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
Reminder: Brexit is actually, really, legitimately going to happen and it is going to be the biggest foreign policy fuckup since Suez/Iraq (take your pick) Unlike Trump, who, unless he goes literally full dictator and amends the Constitution, will be gone in at most eight years, your children will still be dealing with the consequences of Britain's retreat into pouting, enfeebling isolation in 30 years time

Much like death, Brexit is certain

Zephro fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Feb 10, 2017

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

Zephro posted:

Reminder: Brexit is actually, really, legitimately going to happen and it is going to be the biggest foreign policy fuckup since Suez/Iraq (take your pick)

Afghanistan.

The first time.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Zephro posted:

Reminder: Brexit is actually, really, legitimately going to happen and it is going to be the biggest foreign policy fuckup since Suez/Iraq (take your pick)

Yeah, Iraq was a bigger loss of life but Suez was definitely a bigger catastrofuck as far as British reputation went. That was probably the moment that should have popped the bubble of left over delusions of Empire, but sadly that seemed not to happen for a lot of people. It also gave the Soviets free reign to gently caress poo poo up in Hungary, which was bad. The Hungarian revolution of '56 (actually both that one & the one lead by Bela Kun) is something I really need to read more on. Anyway, Brexit could easily end up being worse than Suez.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

lying about being at Hillsborough surely has to tank Nuttal's election campaign. there's no way he can get over that is there?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Cerv posted:

lying about being at Hillsborough surely has to tank Nuttal's election campaign. there's no way he can get over that is there?

You'd like to hope so but at this point I'm not sure it matters when the far right lies, it'll just be glossed over.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I'm pretty sure he could say that he was first on the beach at Normandy in 1945, that he scored a hattrick in the 1990 World Cup final for England and that he flew that plane into the middle of that spaceship at the end of Independence Day, and it still wouldn't even remotely affect his chances.

gently caress, he could even say that he actually died at Hillsborough and it wouldn't matter.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Cerv posted:

Nuttall seems to have a habit of lying in this campaign…

Sassbot Alpha
Sep 2, 2011
Fallen Rib

TinTower posted:

Nuttall seems to have a habit of lying in this campaign…

He'd make a perfect lib dem candidate.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Coohoolin posted:

Leave the UK and make a new country.
Quitter

JFairfax posted:

loving hell. I'd have liked to have found one of them
Yuppie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

TinTower posted:

Known Lib Dem strongholds of Rotherham, Bolsover, and Sunderland.

Two more last night, both from the Tories - "It's getting to the stage that double digit swings to the Lib Dems are the norm"

• Locked thread