Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Humbug posted:

WRC has new rules this year giving more power and aero. I think the guy writing the aero rules was told "Make every car look like an Audi S1 E2 from the back"

Rally Sweden is also on right now
http://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/livecenter/page/4175----.html
https://www.redbull.tv/live/AP-1Q84GQUR51W11/fia-world-rally-championship

It's like WRC and DTM had wonderful little babies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

IOwnCalculus posted:

It's a sin to trigger people with bad puns.

That's just a bit hyperbolic.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I love watching rally races but anything AWD with a lot of hp is out of my price range, unless I could get my wife to cosine the loan.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

davebo posted:

I love watching rally races but anything AWD with a lot of hp is out of my price range, unless I could get my wife to cosine the loan.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

davebo posted:

Used n/a 2wd car is the way to get into it. 10k will get you a pretty decent, ready to go car. You aren't even allowed to race a 4wd turbo as a beginner in most places.

Or start with tsd/navigational rallies. You usually get to have fun driving on backroads, when they are twisty or it's winter just keeping up the specified average speed can get exciting even though it will never be higher than the speed limit.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
:golfclap:

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I'd make a joke about it but I I just have to find the right angle.

When I think of one I'll hypotenuse it later.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

I cannot countenance this flagrant abuse of perfectly good language and will not associate myself with it; I refuse to cosign :mad:

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

I will do everything in my power to get to the root of this acutely painful tangent. We need to stop these puns from multiplying.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I wish I were high on potenuse

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

MODS?!??

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Don't be a square.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
There is no mod, only Zuul.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
KEYMASTER? GATEKEEPER???

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
:eyepop:

This thread is on its way to the gas chamber if this pace keeps up.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

It can only get exponentially worse from here.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
No mods no maesters.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

IOwnCalculus posted:

It can only get exponentially worse from here.
You've got to the root of the problem there.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

The Door Frame posted:

KEYMASTER? GATEKEEPER???

Take all the poo poo off it and I'd drive that everywhere.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Take all the poo poo off it and I'd drive that everywhere.
Take that poo poo off so you can paint it baby blue and install a skull gearknob, red rope liquorice dispenser, and tape that contains nothing but Bohemian Rhapsody, that's what you meant, yeah?

YEAH?

InitialDave fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Feb 11, 2017

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

InitialDave posted:

Take that poo poo off so you can paint it baby blue and install a skull gearknob, red rope liquorice dispenser, and tape that contains nothing but Bohemian Rhapsody, that's what you meant, yeah?

YEAH?

Party on.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Excuse me, I'd like to get by now.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

InitialDave posted:

YEAH?

A bit late to mention this, but they reshowed Wayne's World in theatres back on the 7th and 8th to commemorate the 25th release. It was excellent.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

InitialDave posted:

YEAH?

But they played other songs while whipping the mirth mobile around chicagoland. I've tried to drive the route he took everywhere and it is loving weird and doesn't make sense.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
I hate FB links but I couldn't find this on YT. Guy drives the hell out of an EG civic at bathurst.

https://www.facebook.com/kaidoallstars/videos/1861106010833905/

Then incar of the whole race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXPEJVHsi_k

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Turns out the new WRC cars are pretty fast

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/128071/rally-sweden-stage-canned-due-to-high-speeds

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Oh poo poo. Could we possibly be seeing the makings of a modern day Group B? :aaaaa:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
e: nevermind

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

T1g4h posted:

Oh poo poo. Could we possibly be seeing the makings of a modern day Group B? :aaaaa:

They are much faster than Group B in all ways other than top speed. And to be honest the cars have been even getting to Group B style spectaclar for the last two years anyway - it's this year the new rules have sent them over the top. If you can get footage from Poland or Finland from last year you'll see what I mean. Monte Carlo this year, go and have a look on Youtube just to get an ideaa what the new cars are doing, I cant wait to see these things in Finland.... it WILL be mental

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Yeah WRC is kinda nuts right now. It's great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh5b5t1QbKw

That yaris sounds like a fuckin pod racer.

Edit: Watching day 2 highlights from Rally Sweden, average speed over a stage of 137.8 km/h. Average.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Feb 12, 2017

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo. How does everyone not know this is happening? Incredible.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Jehde posted:

Yeah WRC is kinda nuts right now. It's great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh5b5t1QbKw

Edit: Watching day 2 highlights from Rally Sweden, average speed of 137.8 km/h. Average.

Is this poo poo faster than Group B yet?

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Jehde posted:

:stare:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
One thing's for sure -- spectators will get hurt at the next Boonta Eve Classic.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

You joke, but this year did mark the first spectator death since 1996, at Monte Carlo. Had little to do with the new cars though, more the spectator was an idiot.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

That second car, is it the Yaris, is it bouncing off the rev limiter?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah.
Sounds like their gearing choice was a little off for this particular straight.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Jesus Christ that's lucky. There must be 200+ cumecs going through there. That's 200 tonne per second flying past. Don't gently caress with with water, kids.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Yesterday was almost 60 degrees so I took the death kart out of the garage for some fun and GoPro mount testing. Did one on the helmet and one on the front frame then took a few runs. The last run of the day ended in spectacular fashion due to the melting snow/wet tires. I couldn't stop laughing, and I was digging snow out of every crevice in the kart.

https://youtu.be/MRgm4VH6S1Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Is this poo poo faster than Group B yet?

They are faster than Group B in all but top speed. They hugely faster across a stage