Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Which forums does he mod?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

:catstare:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

This is quite possibly the most informative and helpful video on the internet.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Everything is so clear now.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
that kid owns man, I take all my martial combat advice from fat kids

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Cringe factor is going past 5000.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I am really bad at Starsector.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Vasudus posted:

I am really bad at Starsector.

I'm probably even worse.

But, if I learned to like Dark Souls I'm pretty sure I can figure this game out. I just need to summon the patience. And I realize that it's not a finished product or anything, but I hope they do an update at some point so I can run it in fullscreen without it crashing on me.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

im redoing it once we get more people in

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
started playing ALien : Isolation again I had forgotten how SPOOKY it was

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

started playing ALien : Isolation again I had forgotten how SPOOKY it was

i should probably get back to that game and finish it

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i should probably get back to that game and finish it

same

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i'm playing on hard and these stupid bobots are impossible to kill. I'm drinking which makes me more prone to try and bonk 'em with a crowbar but Nooo dont do that.

They come at you all crazy too. I love this game. I remember reading when it came out that they had all the design be compliant with basically what could have been done in 79 or whenever the first Alien came out. Game looks gorgeous and great atmosphere. It's probably the only good Alien game that didn't have Predators in it.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I just played the resident evil demo and it scared the poo poo outta me. I honestly don't think I could handle playing it in vr :ohdear:

e]Although apparently the full game isn't actually very spooky once you get past the beginning...

e]Also also, the first time I was playing Isolation and the Alien ripped open the locker i was hiding in I about shat my pants. I'm bad at scare games.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
re7 has real good atmosphere and it does tension building pretty nicely. where it falls flat for me is the enemy design. the bosses are hit or miss but the grunt baddies are loving lame as poo poo

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I just played the resident evil demo and it scared the poo poo outta me. I honestly don't think I could handle playing it in vr :ohdear:

e]Although apparently the full game isn't actually very spooky once you get past the beginning...

e]Also also, the first time I was playing Isolation and the Alien ripped open the locker i was hiding in I about shat my pants. I'm bad at scare games.

In a strange twist of events, it turns out you're good at scare games because they actually scare you. I wish I could get that spooked.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I'm really glad I finally got to try For Honor because it's seems boring. Had a few "wow that was awesome" moments like dropping a spike on a bad guy or tossing a guy into a pit but the overall gameplay just didnt grab me.

Nioh loving owns tho

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
For Honor is cool but definitely not a day 1 60 dollar purchase.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
it has some huge issues with 4v4 apparently

since it is peer to peer, expect lag, people to disconnect when losing which means waiting for host migration over and over

but it is fun is 1v1 or 2v2

wait one year for them to fix it or get their heads out of their rear end about no dedicated servers

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

holocaust bloopers posted:

The matches aren't very long, and it's rare to have enough people vote to move to a new map. That means that if 4v4 dominion is your thing, you spend most of your time waiting for a match to start. Then the matchmaking doesn't even work maybe a third of the time. Once you're finally playing the game, there are only three maps and they're dead simple. Guild Wars 2, a loving MMO, had more interesting PvP maps. What the gently caress were they thinking releasing a $60 game with three maps? It's basically a tech demo for an admittedly nifty combat system.

e: Oh, the full game will have a lot more maps apparently. Still, the ones they've chosen to show off suck.

Eugene V. Dubstep fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Feb 12, 2017

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

holocaust bloopers posted:

Seemed to suck dog dick but I just played 30 minutes and turned it off. It's like a lovely Chivalry. Who puts out a peer-to-peer online game in 2017?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Buca di Bepis posted:

Seemed to suck dog dick but I just played 30 minutes and turned it off. It's like a lovely Chivalry. Who puts out a peer-to-peer online game in 2017?

That was my experience as well

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
For Honor seemed to good to be true and also like a huge trap because of the ol samurai v Viking thing. Had they gone with pirates instead of knights, It might have been the nerd trifecta

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Buca di Bepis posted:

agreed. combat sucks and the character designs are loving stupid. actually the entire concept is dumb and i hope its a huge failure for ubisoft

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Buca di Bepis posted:

Who puts out a peer-to-peer online game in 2017?

:frontear:

(well technically 2014)

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

For honor seemed kind of fun but I can't imagine actually playing it for more than a couple weeks. Definitely not a $60 game. Maybe down the line when it's cheaper and all the DLC is released I'll play

I guess they're doing free DLC but season pass people get it ffirst earlier? Which is still dumb and splitting the player base

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

For honor seemed kind of fun but I can't imagine actually playing it for more than a couple weeks. Definitely not a $60 game.

Yea pretty much this. It's funny how the games tapped into something that makes people even angrier about games than normal though, the games thread is full of rage and screeching. Maybe it's the vikings and samurais, I dunno. Fun playing viking barbie though.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
platinedum mgsv pp today on the ol ps4

thank gently caress for items like the infinity bandana and stealth camo

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Infinity bandana ftw.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I think I just need to go back and S rank some missions for the platinum. I haven't played for like a year I wonder if all my poo poo's been stolen from FOB raids.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

anyone else getting mass effect andromeda when it drops? i preordered which is like the first preorder for me in loving years

3's single was pretty good but the multiplayer was dope as gently caress so i'm hoping to get some groups together

i'll be playing on xbone

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Two Finger posted:

anyone else getting mass effect andromeda when it drops? i preordered which is like the first preorder for me in loving years

3's single was pretty good but the multiplayer was dope as gently caress so i'm hoping to get some groups together

i'll be playing on xbone

I preordered it, first game I have in a couple of years. It will probably be poo poo, I haven't been following it much, but I'm a sucker for Bioware poo poo and have way too much time in DA:I so I'll probably (hopefully) get some time out of it.

Ps4 myself

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

I preordered it, first game I have in a couple of years. It will probably be poo poo, I haven't been following it much, but I'm a sucker for Bioware poo poo and have way too much time in DA:I so I'll probably (hopefully) get some time out of it.

Ps4 myself

honestly man 3's multi was phenomenal, it was a 4 player horde mode, but the factions were so well balanced and the combat so loving tight that it was legit one of the best coop games i've ever played

having the characters be able to synergise off each other and detonate each other's combos was like the best gaming decision ever

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
yeah that poo poo was fun. I played it a bit, but always with randoms. Seemed like if you could chat it up with people and organize just a bit it would have been amazing. 3 gets a lot of poo poo for the ending but I really didn't give a gently caress because I don't get super emotionally invested in a loving video game story and it was good enough for me, although to be fair I only played the patch ending.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

hahaha fuuuuuuuuuck
Time played:
271H 46M 17S

Leaderboards: #22,766 (Top 3%)

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I really, really wish games would stop putting timers on poo poo because it just inevitably leads me to hating myself.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

yeah i forgot how much time i put into it
from memory it came out in my final year at school when i was broke as poo poo so i was just dumping my free time into that

i might fire it up later today actually i legit loved the multi and was pretty drat good at it

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Two Finger posted:

i'll be playing on xbone

Waiting for the reviews. Heard way too many stories of higher-ups leaving and other troubled development stuff for me to do something silly like preordering.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

gently caress :(

I haven't been following any of that and preordered solely on the mass effect name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I should probably cancel it to be honest. I'm trying not to buy NEW games anyways when you can just wait a month and get it for like half off. Maybe I'll cancel it and work on my backlog like I've been doing.

I still need to pick up RE7 so maybe in march it will be cheap and by april or something ME will be cheap, or I'll know whether or not to skip it altogether.