Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

oddium posted:

turning japanese is about playing video games i think. i don't know i don't think i've ever actually heard it

On I Love The 80s on VH1 they said it was about orgasming and that's all I know about it

edit: oh no that's an unfortuante page topper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
it's cause you sqint when you orgasam, just like when you do a racist impression of a Japanese person.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

devtesla posted:

it's cause you sqint when you orgasam, just like when you do a racist impression of a Japanese person.

Well I dunno, cuz the comedians they had on were split on this. Some of them believed it is, others believed it was not and the band denied it. What is the truth. Which of the washed up comedians on I Love The 80s is correct.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

well i still haven't heard it but i associate the japanese with uh. uniting the clans under one banner. making high quality electronics. making high quality cartoons. zen. could be any of those really

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

In Training posted:

Surprised there havent been more novelty songs about playing video games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpsbj0OoeNo

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

In Training posted:

Surprised there havent been more novelty songs about playing video games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-MONIvP6kI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNtmR4EHQ14

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Been a long time since i had enough friends who gamed to worry about voip, BUT NOW I DO! What is the current go-to solution for in-game voip? ventrilo?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

oddium posted:

well i still haven't heard it but i associate the japanese with uh. uniting the clans under one banner. making high quality electronics. making high quality cartoons. zen. could be any of those really

I think this is turning Japanese:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

That kid died last year.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The legendary Nobunyaga....

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

CJacobs posted:

On I Love The 80s on VH1 they said it was about orgasming and that's all I know about it

edit: oh no that's an unfortuante page topper

drat, I was gonna say this so have the video instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR4XNqrqxrU

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

I like the song variety in future tone, but the notes were so much easier to see and focus on in mirai dx...

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Guy Mann posted:

That kid died last year.

He's playing video games in heaven now.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

cr0y posted:

Been a long time since i had enough friends who gamed to worry about voip, BUT NOW I DO! What is the current go-to solution for in-game voip? ventrilo?

Discord probably

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Viewtiful Jew posted:

He's playing video games in heaven now.

Bet he doesn't have to worry about external hard drives. He uploads everything to the cloud.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Quest For Glory II posted:

That's not as bad as this one which i saw in my twitter feed but i dunno what site its from

This is what Turning Japanese is about

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

cr0y posted:

Skype or discord

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/Estirdalin/status/830080705132687367

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yoshi was a mistake

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
It's the gd Yoshi Initiative and Nintendo started it decades ago

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Well I mean Yoshi lays eggs right?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Yoshi used to be cool I swear!!! - me trying to silence the laughter of my nephews as the gay dinosaur coos and preens on a macrame landscape

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

http://babylonian.tumblr.com/post/157047192004/oxnards-tj-henry-yoshi-with-an-a-button-saddle

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

http://babylonian.tumblr.com/post/156424214369/very-excited-to-start-inflicting-this-yoshi-on?is_related_post=1

Why are you using your powers for evil Nick?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I really think so.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Thanks gamestop

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Grapplejack posted:

Thanks gamestop

Randomly selected for the chance to pre-order? :lol::lol:

In Training posted:

Im the opposite, Im kind of completely fine with gore 99% of the time but MKX was the most vile and joyless game Ive ever played.

That has less to do with the gore and more to do with the fact that MKX is just a pretty bad game.
I wasn't crazy about Injustice 1 though myself, I found it just as joyless to play.
The only thing I really remember from it is the shameless minor-key-shifted ripoff of Blue Rondo a la Turk they had in most of the cutscenes.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

raditts posted:

Randomly selected for the chance to pre-order? :lol::lol:

Now, what I assumed was that they'd get a free pre-order and that's what the sweepstakes were.

But see that little asterisk there?

quote:

"Tomorrow only, guests can stop by GameStop for a chance to pre-order one of 1000 Nintendo Switch consoles, which will be available at launch on 3/3. GameStop stores and guests will be selected at random throughout the day on Saturday. They just walk in and ask and don't have to purchase anything. Also, it's zero money down."

That's right! raditts is somehow literally correct!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It's Gamestop, what did you expect, they are on a dying business model that more and more resembles a pyramid scheme

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Help Im Alive posted:

I can't get into any of the NRS fighting games

There's something really unsatisfying about them and I don't know what it is

I think it's the weird lovely way combos work, where you don't time them progressively with your character's animations but instead you have to mash in all the buttons at the beginning of the combo.
That's what turns me off about them, anyway. It wasn't so bad in MK9 where you could still do decent combos just by stringing moves together like in the older games, but MKX and Injustice seemed to lean heavier on the dial-a-combo type poo poo.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

how could they be dying when they were the publisher and sole physical distributor of a metroid made by spyro

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

Thanks gamestop

How is this real

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Looper posted:

How is this real

Capitalism.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

Thanks gamestop

This seems like a really odd backwards way to sell something?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

raditts posted:

I think it's the weird lovely way combos work, where you don't time them progressively with your character's animations but instead you have to mash in all the buttons at the beginning of the combo.
That's what turns me off about them, anyway. It wasn't so bad in MK9 where you could still do decent combos just by stringing moves together like in the older games, but MKX and Injustice seemed to lean heavier on the dial-a-combo type poo poo.

Yeah dial a combo is lame

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Grapplejack posted:

Thanks gamestop
does that even work out to one per store?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

CrashCat posted:

does that even work out to one per store?
lol nope

quote:

GameStop has 6,614 stores in operation, of which 4,434 are located in the United States, 343 in Canada, 413 in Australia/New Zealand and 1,424 are in Europe. Our stores operate primarily under the names of GameStop and EB Games.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

10,000 would be an absurdly low number. 1,000 is like almost an insult.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

10,000 would be an absurdly low number. 1,000 is like almost an insult.

I believe you'll find that it actually makes them even more special and valuable. Act fast, loyal gamestop customers.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Feb 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I really do not want to do this battle royale fight with all the bosses at the end of Shovel Knight. Died too many times and it's just getting to me.

• Locked thread