Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

e: looks wet Todd

why don't people season their food

like maybe they salted it at some point but maybe add a bit of pepper or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

The Snoo posted:

like maybe they salted it at some point but maybe add a bit of pepper or something

Aborted elephant fetus is actually quite tasty without much else added.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

The Snoo posted:

I can't speak for other people but I know that I hate pepper. It just really stands out in anything. I'll throw all sorts of herbs and spices into things but I avoid pepper.

Now, cayenne pepper though, that's good stuff.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

I don't understand how the sprouts look halfway decent while the chicken is "I might eat this if I were in a gulag and we'd run out of rodents and insects"

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

The Snoo posted:

They're toddlers and need the blandest possible food. Comes from never trying new things and an inability to grow the gently caress up.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I don't understand how the sprouts look halfway decent while the chicken is "I might eat this if I were in a gulag and we'd run out of rodents and insects"

I thought that was some kind of albino liver. What's it glazed with, white chocolate?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

My guess is that it's one of those individually frozen, boneless, skinless chicken breasts that's shot so full of salt water that you couldn't get it to brown if you took a blowtorch to it, and which is already so heavily seasoned that they basically taste like ham as-is.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Panfilo posted:

I thought that was some kind of albino liver. What's it glazed with, white chocolate?

Bits of chicken fat. I know because that's pretty close to what my dinner looked like most of the time growing up.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Panfilo posted:

Despair.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Bits of chicken fat. I know because that's pretty close to what my dinner looked like most of the time growing up.

I'm so sorry.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The Snoo posted:

I'm just wondering when we abandoned cooking in general. That chicken is so pale.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af2j59zzX3Q

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Sociopastry posted:

They're toddlers and need the blandest possible food. Comes from never trying new things and an inability to grow the gently caress up.

Most of the toddlers I know reject bland food (all over the floor, if you're not quick) and go straight for the curry.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
it looks like it's poached chicken so it's not going to pick up any color. but where's the pepper.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Pepper's too spicy!

I honestly hate that sort of picky eating so much. My family's awful about it. Anything with actual seasoning/flavor is "too spicy". They'd happily eat unflavored food forever.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Bubblyblubber posted:

theres actually zero difference between a burrito & a salad. you imbecile. you loving moron

Calm your tits, sir. Soothe your boobs....

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I came across an old favorite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3pjP79-sJc

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

http://i.imgur.com/NUw7xFP.mp4

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Please click on the following link to fall down a rabbit hole of processed potato flake insanity:

"I made Jam out of Pringles."

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

That chicken has been boiled or steamed for about who cares how long with the vegetables probably thrown in for the last few minutes.

Also this is gumbo. I must have been doing it wrong all this time.

:wtc:

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Oh God oh God not the BBQ! Anything but the BBQ!

Oh God! I wish I had agreed to the BBQ!

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

I heart bacon posted:

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473265809079693312?lang=en

This looks like my "trash bowl" cooking technique, where I throw all the shells and vegetable rinds other stuff that won't actually be eaten in a big bowl so I don't have to keep walking back to the garbage can.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

God, that was the theme song of my gym class in loving elementary school. I'd thought I'd forgot it. Now it's in my brain forever. Thanks so much PotY!

Yeah, I'm :corsair:

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Ramos posted:

Holy poo poo, just give me the donuts with fruity pebbles, that actually sounds fantastic.

Far Out Donuts around Pittsburgh actually make these, with minature cake donuts. They're good.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Chicken breasts were the only kind of chicken I ever had growing up (unless my mom roasted a whole one for a special occasion) because chicken breasts are the only healthy meat! :downs:

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Please click on the following link to fall down a rabbit hole of processed potato flake insanity:

"I made Jam out of Pringles."

I've had this highdea, too!

DiomedesGodshill posted:

That chicken has been boiled or steamed for about who cares how long with the vegetables probably thrown in for the last few minutes.

I cannot even identify most of that. It looks like a dead body that washed up on the beach and got nibbled for a while.

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I cannot even identify most of that. It looks like a dead body that washed up on the beach and got nibbled for a while.

Neither could I. I think there are some crab legs on the right. Also I'm hoping those aren't bed sheets in the background.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Chicken breasts were the only kind of chicken I ever had growing up (unless my mom roasted a whole one for a special occasion) because chicken breasts are the only healthy meat! :downs:

chicken thighs are my favourite, but chicken breasts can be good if cooked right, at least. but growing up... so dry

I love my instant-read thermometer!! no dry chicken or tough pork chops! properly cooked meatballs and sausages! and all the medium steak I could ever want :3:

e: the big white shape in the middle of the 'gumbo' is just part of a crab body

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

This is pro click as gently caress.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Railing Kill posted:

This is pro click as gently caress.

So many.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I've had this highdea, too!

There is literally nothing in that bowl that I can identify.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

BraveUlysses posted:

it looks like it's poached chicken so it's not going to pick up any color. but where's the pepper.

Ah poached chicken. You're not winning any beauty contests.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Yawgmoth posted:

All this talk of KFC monstrosities and no one posted this yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfan5MacmsI

Is it a bad thing that I legitimately love the Famous Bowls?

Sociopastry posted:

Picky Eating was apparently recognized as a legitimate mental disorder relatively recently actually(can't remember what it's official name is though)

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

DiomedesGodshill posted:

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

I heart bacon posted:

It was just a silly internet joke baby, I'm not really mad. Please come back, I've prepared a romantic dinner for us!

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The Snoo posted:

chicken thighs are my favourite, but chicken breasts can be good if cooked right, at least. but growing up... so dry

I have never once hosed up making chicken breasts, I'm not even sure how people do it. 350° for one hour in a baking pan. Rub with olive oil. If you don't know or understand spices salt and pepper is all you need

If you can't make tasty chicken breasts that are crispy on the outside and moist on the inside I don't think you could even handle hamburger helper

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

drrockso20 posted:

Is it a bad thing that I legitimately love the Famous Bowls?

No its basically what I do once a year at Thanksgiving with no shame except I cram it all inside croissants

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Aesop Poprock posted:

I have never once hosed up making chicken breasts, I'm not even sure how people do it. 350° for one hour in a baking pan. Rub with olive oil. If you don't know or understand spices salt and pepper is all you need

If you can't make tasty chicken breasts that are crispy on the outside and moist on the inside I don't think you could even handle hamburger helper

Forget chicken BREASTS, I do it with whole chickens. No oil rub. I just do the baking in a cast iron skillet. Anything in contact gets lovely and crispy. Almost like a fried chicken finish. Of course it also helps I lose track of time easily and often don't take it out QUITE when I should, so the skin has a little extra crisping time. Still comes out juicy.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Ok this looks like a creature with his face half submerged. It won't stop staring at me.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Whooping Crabs posted:

Ok this looks like a creature with his face half submerged. It won't stop staring at me.

He's saying "Wub blub. Wub blub." And you have to get him back to the ocean in 2 mins or the level restarts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Bubblyblubber posted:

Please come back, I've prepared a romantic dinner for us!
9 months later