Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Raskolnikov posted:

Also that lesbian next to sandi has terrible taste in clothes.

:eyepop:

Please don't dox their gender and/or sexuality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Sarsapariller posted:

All CIG has to do is exactly what they did in 2016- release a demo video around that time called 3.0 or 3.1 or whatever, and declare that it will be out for public consumption in a couple of weeks. It's a pretty well established play by now and it continues to throw just enough red meat to the superfans that they stay on board. None of them have really clued in to the part where the demo'd videos- Idris walkthrough, procedural planets, sand worm, new Crusader missions and ground combat, grabby hands, procedural damage, etc etc- never amount to anything.

That'll be exactly what they do, again. :)

We get to have fun spotting all the obvious jumpcuts and dodgy stuff again :D The only thing that would make it perfect is if Goat simulator: Waste of space 2 comes out at the same time :D

Related info :

quote:

Ibrisagic stated that Coffee Stain Studios made their money back on the development costs within a few minutes of the game being offered on Steam. The mobile release for iOS and Android systems reached 100,000 downloads within 6 days of launch. By mid-January 2015, over 2.5 million copies of the game were sold across all platforms.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Raskolnikov posted:

lol rural American life edit: also I am a rebel

Where do you live, Altamont Pass?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

SelenicMartian posted:

AtV presents: lying cunts with too much cleavage.

The bearded lady on the left looks like shes begging, the guy on the right looks like he's about to start beating the lady. :shrug:

Do "goonies" have a different version of SomethingAwful we can register on? Wait, are we goons or goonies? I forget.

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Feb 11, 2017

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sabreseven posted:

The bearded lady on the left looks like shes begging, the guy on the right looks like he's about to start beating the lady. :shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HChzRB8h6LU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Raskolnikov posted:

lol rural American life edit: also I am a rebel

"Your Internet speed is fast" :lol:

That latency though. You should probably try another server to ping

Even so, "multiple devices streaming HD video" is a bald-faced lie

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

This is great.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

"Your Internet speed is fast" :lol:

That latency though. You should probably try another server to ping

Even so, "multiple devices streaming HD video" is a bald-faced lie
If I limit bittorrent to 1,000 KBS and try to watch youtube it's game over. Here, a less funny result.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

Sabreseven posted:

Do "goonies" have a different version of SomethingAwful we can register on? Wait, are we goons or goonies? I forget.

You are neither. You are an errand boy sent by the grocery clerks to collect a bill.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

JugbandDude posted:

You are neither. You are an errand boy sent by the grocery clerks to collect a bill.

poo poo, they're on to me!!:stonk:

*runs away amidst a tornado of unpaid receipts for brussel sprouts* :derp:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Fairly :smuggo: about that

his nibs fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Feb 11, 2017

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
less doxxy

his nibs fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Feb 11, 2017

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

is there anything CIG won't copy?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

Raskolnikov posted:

the 80s and 70s left a while ago. Also that lesbian next to sandi has terrible taste in clothes.

lol

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

SelenicMartian posted:

someone has a new tatoo. That is why there is cleavage. Nerds spend money.
Then there is sandi.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I can't imagine Internet access being all that fantastic in Darwin, Australia though. Is Australian internet real poo poo, like in the US? Or worse? :ohdear:
Posting from the past, but it basically depends where you live. ADSL2 and cable are the most prevailing internet connections in Australia, until you get out into regional Australia and it's then satellite and ughhhhhh. Some places have fibre to the premises (like where I'm living) and you'll get 100/40Mbit and I can get anything from 8-15ms ping to Amazon's hosting in Sydney.

If you're in Darwin you're pretty hosed because IIRC the backhaul connections go from Darwin to Adelaide, Adelaide to Melbourne and then Melbourne to Sydney. Also depending on the technology type he's on (probably ADSL), 40ms is probably really good for Cymelion. Maybe he'll just move his homemade Idris bridge cockpit down to somewhere that isn't Buttfuck, Nowhere?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Derek what's your favourite old game? (1990 - 2000) and favourite modern game?

Falcon 4.0 By Spectrum Holobyte

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

SelenicMartian posted:

I'm not bodyshaming but that lighting sure is, it gives the impression of sagging from the top rib

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

CrazyTolradi posted:

40ms is probably really good for Cymelion. Maybe he'll just move his homemade Idris bridge cockpit down to somewhere that isn't Buttfuck, Nowhere?
What are you talking about dude? CIG promised private servers right from the start so this isn't an issue at all. I bet he can set up a private server right now!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

his nibs posted:

Fairly :smuggo: about that

Pfft, move aside goonie, let me show you how :smuggo: is done

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Just did mine out of curiosity:

Nice ping, not sure how accurate it is though :v:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Thanks! :3:

I'm glad they're embarking on starting to think about things. And that thinking about a new lighting system is the same as saying how great it will be. :allears:

Par for the course with CIG. Never things about stuff that's completely, just more ideas, concepts, lists of stuff they will eventually do, and how they are starting on this great new thing they are just beginning to consider. It will all be awesome, I'm sure. :allears:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Subsumption, Items 2.0, etc just arent cutting it as buzzwords anymore.

Version 2.0 of Diffusion will be called Shader.

Are you in the 'diff? Because when I look at the diff it looks good. Just merge it all together and I'm sure it'll be fine because they're like a well oiled perfect machine.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

trucutru posted:

lol

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Chalks posted:

Just did mine out of curiosity:

Nice ping, not sure how accurate it is though :v:

:negative:

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

:golfclap:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Quavers posted:

Yes, keeping Sq42 from the gaming media before release, effectively a review embargo, is a good thing

When you're CIG and your game looks like rat balls with a maggot infestation, and plays like a broken 3D virus, not playing your game is the best option for success.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

D_Smart posted:

Falcon 4.0 By Spectrum Holobyte

Hey, you should play with us Falcon BMS goons. It's fun.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
https://www.twitch.tv/theastropub

Starring the shillizens "ex-INN, new-INN" Dolvak & Acapella

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

This is via wifi, I think I could get faster if I was plugged in.

**edit** Puppers and Poland Ball taxxe:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

XK posted:

Guys, it's pretty obvious the language will be named Tickle.

https://www.tcl.tk/about/language.html

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Are we still posting internet speeds

Sure as hell doesn't feel like it downloads that fast when I get stuff on steam :sigh:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

XK posted:

The dedicated SC posters are hardcore right-wing maniacs.

Are you saying everyone in this thread is an alt-right maniac? Because it's true. :colbert:

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Im only softcore right wing. I have delicate sensibilities.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Are we still posting internet speeds

Sure as hell doesn't feel like it downloads that fast when I get stuff on steam :sigh:

Its because Steam doesn't let you. Most speeds over 25 are pointless for downloading off the net.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

tooterfish posted:

Can't you cause a creature to suffocate in Dwarf Fortress by puncturing its lungs?

true, but its a result of the "Body" system, not because DF pretend to simulate air pressure and 02%. You can stack 40 cows in a closed 2x2x2 room and nothing bad will happen, aside from maybe horrible walls engraving relating to the events*.

*that menace with spikes, of course.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Its because Steam doesn't let you. Most speeds over 25 are pointless for downloading off the net.

This is not true. Steam is one of the few sources that lets me download at 9+MB/s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

trucutru posted:

From the montly report:

:downs:

Wow, and here I thought you just would have an oxygen bar that goes down to zero before you suffocate. No, they are modelling how the players breathe and how their bodies convert that air into stamina.

What a bunch of bullshit.

Also: "have started being implemented and soon..." Out in 2014/2015/2016/2017

I hope they implement all this poo poo.

Imagine playing the sims and stuff like "air" and "stamina converted from air" and "available air in tank" and "tank air quality" were all bars that you also had to manage.

I hope Chris Roberts determines that breathing really should have a bigger impact on gameplay and that the player should control his (sorry no girls here) breathing and by practicing breathing you can use less air in stressful situations and therefore the trigger button that once was "shoot gun" is now "fill lungs" and pressing use where there is no use is now "empty lungs". During character creation right underneath the greyed out "Boobs Size" is "Lung Size".

Eventually playing Star Citizen needs to mirror QWOP, but not only for moving but also breathing. It is my dream to see people forget to breathe as they are walking to their space chariot and they just suddenly die.

This Is Star Citizen. :clint: