Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Laputanmachine posted:

Edit: to be more specific, pay attention to the tag colours! If there are civs standing right next to a place where a stash might be, it probably has the wrong tag and therefore will be empty. At least in my experience I have never had to put down any civs in the yacht unless I made a mistake.

Edit edit: The tag next to the laptop is random. At least in my games it hasn't always been the right colour.

Civilian and stash locations are spawned separately from each other- you can absolutely have a pair of civilians standing directly on a stash.

The computer tag info is good to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Crabtree posted:

Yacht heist is definitely a fresh experience considering how much time it took to do it. I have no idea how I'm going to kill all the guards, but there is enough cover to where you have to move around and look and kill and maintain stealth. Hell, you might even be able to complete ghost it. And there are a lot of corners and alternate paths to different floors and windows to throw out loot that its just so drat good for a stealth heist. Almost too good to be one. While 10-10 is a real teeth puller with pubs, but hey, they're most likely going to be dumb because its new and you have to move or the cops will curb stomp you.

But Yacht almost feels like they stole it from a fun Hitman level because its just so mobile. Also I think you can avoid going loud if the people giving the interview "detect" you because it just goes on so maybe they don't even really notice you like you think they would. If they intended this as a little trick than, yeah. Good job Overkill.

Pretty sure the number of guards on the heist is above the pager limit so the best way to do that is just to stealth normally then throw a grenade or something to see where are all the guards are and murder them under ECM cover.

Also I have never run into it where the tag color does not correspond with the tag next to the laptop. Bug?

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Discendo Vox posted:

The laptop tells you exactly what to search, and with what tag. The tag color is in the upper left (it also appears next to the laptop), and the screen then tells you the deck and object for each of the stashes.

Without getting into the weeds, I can say that the distribution of civilians and stashes is pretty fully random, with no thought for their proximity, which does result in some apparently un-ghostable situations. The game obviously spawns more civilians on higher difficulties (a ton more on DW/OD), as well as more guards, and more lasers in the server area. This does have some other downsides in terms of difficulty distribution- the laptop spawns in the bottom floor are easy to reach, while the upper ones are much harder (the ballroom area in particular is dangerous). My first OD run had every single stash on the main deck which was...really, really easy.

Oh I have to actually look at the laptop screen? Hahaha, I never thought to do that. I'm so used to ignoring computer screens in PD2, I didn't even think to look at the screen.

Went back and got blood in the water, solo on normal. 8 guards on normal, so I killed 4 normally, got the escape ready to go, noted where the remaining guards were then ECM rushed the rest.

edit: it's 8 guards, not 9. Forgot the civ I shot by mistake.

clockworkjoe fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Feb 12, 2017

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Laputanmachine posted:

Edit edit: The tag next to the laptop is random. At least in my games it hasn't always been the right colour.

That's odd, because the tag by the laptop has always been correct for me. Always.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
So did anyone else catch the Payday 2 Easter Egg in John Wick Chapter 2?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

David D. Davidson posted:

I did not. Oh well, guess I have to go see it again!

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
Maybe the lack of cops in all of John Wick 2 can be explained by Payday 2. All of the NYPD has been tasked with fighting the Payday gang so Wick is free to murder assassins in public.

John Wick 2 btw is basically the best occult conspiracy movie of all time. Seriously, the world of darkness wishes it had its poo poo together like the gangsters in John Wick 2.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

gently caress! And I was looking for a Dallas mask or something, too.

What was it?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

New for the Fun Development Facts File:

Firestarter Day 1 was going to have snipers in the air control tower. Unclear why they were removed.

Same for Watchdogs day 2.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:
:siren: Mega Sydney codes in the discord if you don't have it :siren:

Say which ones you took, first come first serve

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Discendo Vox posted:

New for the Fun Development Facts File:

Firestarter Day 1 was going to have snipers in the air control tower. Unclear why they were removed.

Same for Watchdogs day 2.

Huh. I like the idea of snipers covering the tarmac...but only the tarmac. Maybe that's why they got the axe. They'd be able to hit you all the way up to the van, and through the trees no less.

Where were they supposed to be on WD2?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

John Murdoch posted:

Huh. I like the idea of snipers covering the tarmac...but only the tarmac. Maybe that's why they got the axe. They'd be able to hit you all the way up to the van, and through the trees no less.

Probably around the bridge or across other roofs.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Wilko posted:

:siren: Mega Sydney codes in the discord if you don't have it :siren:

Say which ones you took, first come first serve

Well I donated instead. I guess I should have even been more lazy about getting the mega mask.

:argh:?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

:siren:big bug warning Perks/skills that cause panic can effect Charon on the Brooklyn 10-10 heist. This can disrupt his task pathing and prevent him from progressing, soft-locking the heist. :siren:

John Murdoch posted:

Enh, at this point Firestarter Day 1 needs some added challenge. My guess on why they're not there is that they just weren't working properly. It was a launch heist after all.

I can't tell where snipers would spawn on WD 2- I can't translate the xyz coordinates in the script file to actual locations.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Feb 14, 2017

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
Probably just where Iilja goes on the roofs facing the truck.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Drewjitsu posted:

What was it?

I'm also curious as I just finished it and didn't see anything.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

PantsOptional posted:

I'm also curious as I just finished it and didn't see anything.

Reddit says it was a wolf mask, but no pictures have been forthcoming.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

How do I get into the Discord? The link in the OP doesn't work and all the instant invites in the thread seem to have expired.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
alright for gently caress's sake guys it is not that hard

https://discord.gg/KWvpA8S

when you create an invite to a specific server or channel, just click the 'SET TO NEVER EXPIRE' checkbox. this does exactly what it says on the tin unless the admins have messed with the permissions on the server. i did that on the above. it is set to never expire. so people can just, you know, use it, and not screw around.

bookmark this link if you can't remember how this is done: https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/208866998-Instant-Invite-101

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Trouble in the Crime War development being addressed, in the latest starbreeze quarterly report:

quote:

PAYDAY MOBILE, BCN STUDIO
As a separate note to this report, we also just announced that we’ve opened a new office in Barcelona, Spain. The Barcelona Studio consists of a handful of very talented individuals that have been with us in Stockholm for quite some time. Together with old friends and now new colleagues joining us from a prominent mobile developer, they form our task force to steer our mobile projects with a 100% focus. The bulk of the development will mainly be outsourced but we require a dedicated team from Starbreeze to make sure we are on point and deliver with the same focus as our other products.

Starbreeze Barcelona will closely monitor the wrap up of Geminose and also focus its efforts on PAYDAY: Crime War. After a due diligence of the progress on the mobile version of our beloved PAYDAY franchise, we found a lack of focus on our product. As we want to see this game realized as badly as many of our fans, we’ve moved production to another studio, BadFly Interactive. As part of a work-for-hire partnership, BadFly have hit the ground running and we look forward to sharing more from the game in the months to come. The project has already accelerated considerably and is now fully playable in multiplayer with the games backend in place. The following months will be dedicated to building more content and polishing the gameplay format to maximize the fun of the final product.

Coolguye posted:

alright for gently caress's sake guys it is not that hard

https://discord.gg/KWvpA8S

when you create an invite to a specific server or channel, just click the 'SET TO NEVER EXPIRE' checkbox. this does exactly what it says on the tin unless the admins have messed with the permissions on the server. i did that on the above. it is set to never expire. so people can just, you know, use it, and not screw around.

bookmark this link if you can't remember how this is done: https://support.discordapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/208866998-Instant-Invite-101

We don't do that because we don't want a permanently available invite available on a public site.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Feb 16, 2017

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i honestly have no clue who you think is going to crash in on a community discord channel posted in a thread on a dead gay comedy forum devoted to a dead gay heisting game, but if there's a call for me to edit that crap out of my post i will.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Wow the Wick safe is dogshit.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

UnknownMercenary posted:

Wow the Wick safe is a dead dog.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
now its personal

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Just got out of an afternoon showing of John Wick Chapter 2 and I couldn't believe my eyes!

Drewjitsu posted:

What was it?

It flashes by pretty quick, stay sharp/.

edit:
also, they remixed LED spirals, very nice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o2EU5VOzLQ

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Feb 17, 2017

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011
Hey guys, so I've been trying to play Payday 2 again, and everytime I leave the main menu my framerate loving tanks down to nothing. Multi or single player, and stays that way, making the game a loving slideshow and unplayable.

Graphics drivers are up to date, settings aren't obscenely high, I have goonmod. Here's my specs:

Nvida Geforce GTX 760
16 gig of ram
i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60 ghz

No idea what to do here.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

E-Tank posted:

Hey guys, so I've been trying to play Payday 2 again, and everytime I leave the main menu my framerate loving tanks down to nothing. Multi or single player, and stays that way, making the game a loving slideshow and unplayable.

Graphics drivers are up to date, settings aren't obscenely high, I have goonmod. Here's my specs:

Nvida Geforce GTX 760
16 gig of ram
i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60 ghz

No idea what to do here.

I deleted and reinstalled and it fixed the problem.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

FAUXTON posted:

I deleted and reinstalled and it fixed the problem.

I can't believe I just noticed your av and title. Lmao

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

MariusLecter posted:

I can't believe I just noticed your av and title. Lmao

:shrug: some folks really hate dissent.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
What if this new game mode was chained together jobs? Like Forza championships. Dockyard Crossroad Oil. Diamond shop Shadow Raid Diamond Museum. Etc. Win or don't win kind of model.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

Coolguye posted:

i honestly have no clue who you think is going to crash in on a community discord channel posted in a thread on a dead gay comedy forum devoted to a dead gay heisting game, but if there's a call for me to edit that crap out of my post i will.

Dude, the cops are clearly listening in, now they're gonna raid our safe houses twice as often

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

So after catching John Wick 2 I realized something about all our crossover characters: they're all dead or soon to die. Even discounting John (who's still technically alive and was in the game long before his Excommunicado) and Rust (who isn't officially Clay Morrow from SoA), it's a pretty striking pattern. Maybe keep it in mind on guesses for new crossovers (can't wait to play as Tony Soprano).

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Files Fun Fact:
Overkill fixed the blue SWAT spawning from vents on undercover! By...removing all vent spawns on Undercover. On all difficulties.

Coolguye posted:

My impression was there are bots that trawl sites for discord links; I'm happy to be wrong in this case.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

Files Fun Fact:
Overkill fixed the blue SWAT spawning from vents on undercover! By...removing all vent spawns on Undercover. On all difficulties.

Holy poo poo are you for real

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

HebrewMagic posted:

Holy poo poo are you for real

There was a problem with the process that is used to parse the lua scripts for heists recently (it made it look like OD scripts were gone when they weren't being read), but I'm pretty sure this one is accurate.

Overkill/Jules really, really don't seem to want cloakers to be an actual threat. This is paired with them seeming to not understand how their map-specific hiding scripting works.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Feb 21, 2017

TearsOfPirates
Jun 11, 2016

Stultior stulto fuisti, qui tabellis crederes! - Idiot of idiots, to trust what is written!
To be fair, cloakers in Payday 2 aren't as scary as in PD1 :v:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i want the cloakers to yell "BOO!" at me when they leap from a hiding spot

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I want there to be a random chance there is a cloaker that thinks he's king poo poo of the police and constantly berates people as he hides.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Cloakers really do seem rare these days, and since there's not as many of them they're never really a threat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Geight posted:

Cloakers really do seem rare these days, and since there's not as many of them they're never really a threat.

The game can have two of them max. They can only spawn one at a time during assaults. Some maps have ambush cloakers. If you've ever seen a cloaker hiding anywhere, this is one of those maps. These cloakers can spawn at other times- they just run to a predefined hiding spot and wait for a player to come near. ...Unfortunately, these spawns count against the limit of two, so if cloakers hide somewhere far away from where the players are, bam, no cloakers. On the other hand, some maps have the hiding cloaker spawn and ambush points right on top of where players normally are- GO Bank is infamous for this, and it happens on Big Oil day 2 as well. So players are inundated with them in those.

This would be pretty straightforward to fix, but...it hasn't happened. Instead cloakers were made way rarer, had their health massively increased with Housewarming, then had their headshot damage multiplier similarly doubled.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Feb 21, 2017