Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

quote:

According to Vic Carucci of the Buffalo News, general manager Doug Whaley finds the prospect of Cardale Jones at quarterback “appealing.”

AFC East gonna East.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

AFC East gonna East.

*31 other personal executives are putting a big "EJ MANUEL - DO NOT DRAFT" marker on Cardale Jones right this second*

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

a neat cape posted:

You'll never beat the Chargers in the playoffs

Why not? We beat the Raiders in Oakland and nobody does that. We also beat Denver and KC. So why can't we beat the Chargers?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Kawalimus posted:

Why not? We beat the Raiders in Oakland and nobody does that. We also beat Denver and KC. So why can't we beat the Chargers?

The Chargers won't make the playoffs, so they can't be beaten there. :v:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kawalimus posted:

Because we're never going to make the playoffs again

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

a neat cape posted:

Also they will cease to exist shortly.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
The Chargers are destined to be dogshit as long as the Spanos family owns the team, whereas the Ravens are a competent organization. So they won't be playing each other in the playoffs hth

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

a neat cape posted:

Well I bet if 1000 years go by the Ravens will beat the Chargers at some point. So it's possible. Look at the 99 Rams or the 2008 Dolphins. No matter how bad you are there's always hope of a quick turnaround.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

Well I bet if 1000 years go by the Ravens will beat the Chargers at some point. So it's possible. Look at the 99 Rams or the 2008 Dolphins. No matter how bad you are there's always hope of a quick turnaround.

The Chargers also have about 2-3 years to exist before they rebrand, so that's another reason

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Pursedogs

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

a neat cape posted:

The Chargers also have about 2-3 years to exist before they rebrand, so that's another reason

Do they really have to? Oh well then, we can beat whichever name they become. As long as they're in the AFC West still and we can sweep that division. And as long as they don't leave it like the Seattle Seahawks did.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Who was the first successful head coach that really went out of his way to surround himself with incompetent people?

John Fox kept complete assholes around him at all time and chased off anyone with a shred of talent.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kawalimus posted:

Do they really have to? Oh well then, we can beat whichever name they become. As long as they're in the AFC West still and we can sweep that division. And as long as they don't leave it like the Seattle Seahawks did.

I hope they dissolve just so you'll be irrationally mad about it

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

a neat cape posted:

I hope they dissolve just so you'll be irrationally mad about it

Well as long as they put in a new team in the AFC West we'll still be able to sweep that division. Since the other three we've already beaten are still there we don't lose a team. But if KC, Denver or Oakland left we'd be screwed. If/When Oakland leaves I'm still counting the win for the division but for a new location to win at it doesn't count yet. Assuming that's Las Vegas. My hope is the Raiders move to San Diego so then we can still win there.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Haha sometimes you let it slip Kawalimus ;-)

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Amy Pole Her posted:

Haha sometimes you let it slip Kawalimus ;-)

You gotta give me a break. Ravens football is boring as sin right now.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
The problem with saying that the Chargers will make a quick turnaround is that they're perpetually one of the most injured teams in the league, their offensive line is absolute dogshit, and they hired Anthony Lynn because they didn't want to offload Whisenhunt. Not that I think Whis is a bad OC, but i'm not a fan of foisting coaches from a previous regime onto a new HC whatsoever.

Rivers is also starting to slip, and it doesn't help that they'd rather overpay for another team's castoffs (seriously, Orlando Franklin sucks so much) than spend high picks on linemen that can actually keep him upright. I guess they're going to be a good defensive team if they stay healthy next season? It's still hard for me to see them making progress in a murderous AFC West.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah that division lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Durandal1707 posted:

The problem with saying that the Chargers will make a quick turnaround is that they're perpetually one of the most injured teams in the league, their offensive line is absolute dogshit, and they hired Anthony Lynn because they didn't want to offload Whisenhunt. Not that I think Whis is a bad OC, but i'm not a fan of foisting coaches from a previous regime onto a new HC whatsoever.

Rivers is also starting to slip, and it doesn't help that they'd rather overpay for another team's castoffs (seriously, Orlando Franklin sucks so much) than spend high picks on linemen that can actually keep him upright. I guess they're going to be a good defensive team if they stay healthy next season? It's still hard for me to see them making progress in a murderous AFC West.

On the other hand, we were in a ton of one score games last year-- seriously, if you reverse the outcome of all the one score games we were in, our record would have been like 11-5. We can't keep perpetually losing every single one score game we're in like we have the last three years.

I think.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

AFC East gonna East.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3flv5nWZgII

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Steve Young on his ESPN gig posted:

Young admitted he puts the minimum effort into his analyst job, spending barely two hours on game preparation and bolting to the suite after he appears on air to try to lock up deals.

He said he rarely even watches the game — a negligence you’d think would be a deal-breaker for the Worldwide Leader, which prides itself on its NFL coverage, particularly in Monday’s prime-time slot.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Two hours? No real prep? Running off to make deals?

If it's good enough for the President to run the country it's good enough for Steve

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Eh he's a pre-game guy, there are 10,000 of them, and on a panel it doesn't really matter how much he knows. He's there to give opinions and is there because of his history of playing the game.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
What's really shocking is that Young was consistently the most insightful.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Former raiders bust Quentin Moses died in a house fire.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Athletes dropping left and right...

What the hell happened with Fab Melo?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
https://twitter.com/MaioccoCSN/status/830907041862426624

This is the worst thing to happen to the 49ers in the 2010s :(

RIP 49ers.

Some team that runs power not in the NFC West needs to pay him a shitload of money.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Chichevache posted:

It's cool, I'm white and black women love me.

In the US, past the age of 25 if you just talk to women like equals and keep your eyes above their cleavage you'll do pretty well no matter what color they are.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

what are these deals he's locking up

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chichevache posted:

That's because Steve Young owns and this is probably just some gay baby know nothing not player who's butt hurt.

FINGERBLASTER69
Nov 15, 2014
Some Asian women see foreigners as sex objects and it makes me uncomfortable. Now I know how Asian Americans feel

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Another TFF/PSP crossover:

Seth Rollins AKA the Champ (Bears) vs Travis Kelce AKA Papi Blanco (Chiefs):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3ku-5c6kR4

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

AFC East gonna East.

Merely a smokescreen! Definitely only a smokescreen!

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Chichevache posted:

Except when he's doing color for the second game of the Monday Night Football kickoff doubleheader.

I always thought his total lack of awareness was due to the concussions. Glad to hear he's just lazily putting in his hours while working on his own projects.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

FINGERBLASTER69 posted:

Some Asian women see foreigners as sex objects and it makes me uncomfortable. Now I know how Asian Americans feel

I can see how you wouldn't want to be treated as a sex object, FINGERBLASTER69.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
:siren: Giants releasing Victor Cruz :siren:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/CutonDime25/status/831197738201137159
Maybe learn to pass block, noted non-top 100 player in the NFL!

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Inevitable but still sad, godspeed Salsa Man

fsif posted:

https://twitter.com/CutonDime25/status/831197738201137159
Maybe learn to pass block, noted non-top 100 player in the NFL!

LeSean McCoy...owns?

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Feb 13, 2017

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

is he cooked?

I ask because Amendola probably should be replaced like last year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

is he cooked?

I ask because Amendola probably should be replaced like last year

Cruz is probably a 3rd WR at best now. He lost everything that made him special in the 2 years of rehab it took to get him back. He's not quick or shifty anymore, and he never had the hands to be a possession guy.

• Locked thread