Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Phantasium posted:

Hello, it's your dad. You've been out there for a long time now... It may be none of my business, but don't you think it would be a good idea if you took a
break?

https://twitter.com/Fobwashed/status/827297044981166080

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Phantasium posted:

Hello, it's your dad. You've been out there for a long time now... It may be none of my business, but don't you think it would be a good idea if you took a
break?

Hello, dad? I'm in jail. Jail, dad. I like it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJEwo_gwO9M

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Better the phone dad than Porky's Dad.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i just cleared ninja gaiden 3 razors edge. didn't play the older ones. why is the game controversial its seemed good outside of the really annoying "illness that makes your character walk slow and get captured at the end of missions" trope that i loving hate with passion in games

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Phantasium posted:

break?

http://media.earthboundcentral.com/2011/04/a-look-at-the-mother-2-side/index.html

How

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ekster posted:

This dating sim is a poor substitution of the real thing. Talk to real girls!

Once you've played a dating sim you've made your choice, and there's no turning back.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Rather, the dating sim chose you

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ive been playing Berseria for about 12 hours today and haven't taken any breaks

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Did you know? Girls are people, too!

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

precision posted:

Does anyone actually do this?
more like a two minute break for some water or to take a piss or something just to not die of leg things

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Jay Rust posted:

Rather, the dating sim chose you

Soos and the Real Girl is legit one of my favorite episodes of anything animated.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

i just cleared ninja gaiden 3 razors edge. didn't play the older ones. why is the game controversial its seemed good outside of the really annoying "illness that makes your character walk slow and get captured at the end of missions" trope that i loving hate with passion in games

The combat is a huge step back in complexity and challenge from the previous games and especially in the original release (pre:RE) it was well up its own rear end with its story.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ImpAtom posted:

The combat is a huge step back in complexity and challenge from the previous games and especially in the original release (pre:RE) it was well up its own rear end with its story.

So like a DmC thing?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/YourFriendMario/status/830878897226985472

This twitter has its moments.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

When you actually find one of those moments, I'm sure you'll let us know.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

For honor is very incredibly really very lame. 20 minute domination rounds with moba creeps. on screen indicator for exactly where you enemy is attacking from. slow as gently caress action

yawn. better luck next time ubi. what genre will you make into a brutally slow multiplayer game next chasing that r6 success?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Ometeotl posted:

When you actually find one of those moments, I'm sure you'll let us know.

mama mia

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

For honor is very incredibly really very lame. 20 minute domination rounds with moba creeps. on screen indicator for exactly where you enemy is attacking from. slow as gently caress action

yawn. better luck next time ubi. what genre will you make into a brutally slow multiplayer game next chasing that r6 success?

I thought it was going to be a cool 1v1 samurai viking dueling game

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

I thought it was going to be a cool 1v1 samurai viking dueling game

there is that mode too but everyone is playing the main mode which is not that.

also one v one is kinda like a whole lot of nothing happening until someone puts their back to a cliff and the viking pushes them off

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Ekster posted:

Remember to clean your piss bottle regularly.

CrashCat posted:

more like a two minute break for some water or to take a piss or something just to not die of leg things

Just lol if you don't have your catheter hanging out the window so you don't have to get up from your gamer HQ

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I will give it a rental if the single player is something besides botmatches. The combat seems like it would really appeal to fighting game enthusiasts though

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I will give it a rental if the single player is something besides botmatches. The combat seems like it would really appeal to fighting game enthusiasts though

why would you think that?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Are video game rentals even a thing anymore?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Because actual fighting game players have gotten pretty excited playing it, since the various characters have lots of different combos, counter moves, parries, etc

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

It's rock paper scissors combat based on wind-up and recovery frames. At least, I get completely wrecked and can't do anything like when I try to play fighting games, so that's what I'm assuming is happening!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

nioh has all of those better and not very lame with a real game to play now instead of moba trash and pvp coming soon

for honor has dark souls with a direction indicator at half speed and dota mechanics

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

For real the samurai duel in Nioh was my favorite part of it so far, a whole game designed around duels would be sweet

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Maybe when nioh is on pc and not a ps4 exclusive I will care

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lol ubi games on pc. the hardest core of fighting fans are ready!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I wish PC and PS4 versions of games would interact, so that I could play Overwatch with my friends and not feel guilty about how stupidly bad at FPS I am.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVrEFFdKVnw&t=104s

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

So like a DmC thing?

Kiiiinda. NG3 is closer to NG than DmC is to DMC, it just was a disappointment. Razor's Edge fixes some of its issues.

The real DmC for Ninja Gaiden is Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

what even was Yaiba, it came and went without much fanfare and I think comcept was involved?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Bicyclops posted:

I wish PC and PS4 versions of games would interact, so that I could play Overwatch with my friends and not feel guilty about how stupidly bad at FPS I am.

Blizzard thinks otherwise. To the level that they are campaigning console makers not to bring mouse controllers to their platforms.

Which brings me to another point: Why aren't developers using the sixaxis system on those DualShock controllers? It worked for Splatoon, right? Hell, even Steam Controllers have a similar system. What's the excuse?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

nioh has all of those better and not very lame with a real game to play now instead of moba trash and pvp coming soon

for honor has dark souls with a direction indicator at half speed and dota mechanics

lol

also for honor has pvp now not coming soon that's the core of the game you doofus

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Rexroom posted:

Blizzard thinks otherwise. To the level that they are campaigning console makers not to bring mouse controllers to their platforms.

Which brings me to another point: Why aren't developers using the sixaxis system on those DualShock controllers? It worked for Splatoon, right? Hell, even Steam Controllers have a similar system. What's the excuse?

Why don't console makers just add keyboard/mouse support for games/consoles and be done with it?

e: like seriously every game should just be a PC version and you can use whatever control you want, controller gimmicks like the wii are stupid

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Motto posted:

what even was Yaiba, it came and went without much fanfare and I think comcept was involved?

Yeah, it was Inafune + Spark interactive (the dudes who made Lost Planet 3) who he hired on.

it was just a complete shitfest of a game and nobody cared about it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Because for online games it means certain players will have an inherent advantage based on a control scheme

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

suuma posted:

Why don't console makers just add keyboard/mouse support for games/consoles and be done with it?

e: like seriously every game should just be a PC version and you can use whatever control you want, controller gimmicks like the wii are stupid

The major issue is that M/K is a significant increase in speed/reaction time/accuracy and you can't really design around both without controller players being unreasonably crippled. It is why Overwatch, for example, has different balance options for PC and console.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Right, I get it, console shooters don't have mouse support because some players would then have an advantage, but if everybody has access to it what's the problem?

• Locked thread