Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

LLCoolJD posted:

It's not a very good hospital, but Snyder has transferred in some JUCO doctors and coached up those that were there. His condition is expected to improve.

You'd be amazed what he can do with 3* doctors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Ran by UNC for the first time for assorted reasons this morning. Verdict: Campus, good. Football, bad.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

im applying to unc in three months for grad school.

They've turned me down 3 times in my life; maybe 4th time is the charm!

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Took my wife 5 tries to get a visa to the US. On the 5th visit, they asked what she would do if the turned her down a fifth time. She responded that she would see them for the 6th time. They gave her the visa.

Sometimes success can be achieved by being a huge pain in the rear end.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Warbird posted:

Took my wife 5 tries to get a visa to the US. On the 5th visit, they asked what she would do if the turned her down a fifth time. She responded that she would see them for the 6th time. They gave her the visa.

The sov citizen method.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

iospace posted:

The sov citizen method.

AM I BEING DETAINED

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

KKKLIP ART posted:

AM I BEING DETAINED

Yes now shut up or you'll be forced to cheer for A&M

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

iospace posted:

Yes now shut up or you'll be forced to cheer for A&M

Woah now that's cruel and unusual punishment.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Pakled posted:

Woah now that's cruel and unusual punishment.

:unsmigghh:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
What fanbase has the highest amount of sov citizens? Let's keep it to P5.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Warbird posted:

The third time, in another life basically when I was applying for Law school, they let me in by mistake and had to call me to tell me that I had not in fact been accepted.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Crotch Bat posted:

Alabama, no contest.

2nd place though, you could argue Texas, Oklahoma, or Baylor.

Likely Baylor.

Though does BYU count?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Crotch Bat posted:

Rutgers.

6/6

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Crotch Bat posted:

It's probably going to be whatever fanbase is the biggest. So Ohio State, maybe?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Pakled posted:

It's probably going to be whatever fanbase is the biggest. So Ohio State, maybe?

I'm not sure the sov citizen movement is as big east of the Mississippi but that may just be personal bias seeping through.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

Per Capita? I know it's not P5 but I feel Boise State should have a bunch of them.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

My guess is Boise State by percentage if not total number of sovereign citizens.

efb

Reading up on this, sovereign citizens treat their names like Twitter handles and love asking to speak with supervisors when trying to subvert authority.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I'd wager on Aggie.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Maxwells Demon posted:

Per Capita? I know it's not P5 but I feel Boise State should have a bunch of them.

Yea, I feel like a G5 or FCS would be the real answer that's why I wanted to remove factors like Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, etc. that tend to breed those people in copious amounts.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Look for rural fanbases. Lots more sovcit and Trump supporting fans for Michigan State, rather than Michigan, for example.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

AsInHowe posted:

Look for rural fanbases. Lots more sovcit and Trump supporting fans for Michigan State, rather than Michigan, for example.

EL is not Ann Arbor, but it's not that rural either.

How about West Virginia?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Henchman of Santa posted:

EL is not Ann Arbor, but it's not that rural either.

How about West Virginia?

There was a graph by zipcode of what places root for what teams. East Lansing isn't rural, but the rural and militia parts of Michigan picked MSU as their team.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
okay

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I just did a poll and all the baby back bitches by area code root for michigan, wow that's weird

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Tennessee and Kentucky also seem ripe for it. West Virginia for some reason seems like you'd think there would be a solid contingent but I honestly don't get that vibe from the state. WVU fans will be more qualified to answer.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Why are you so salty

Is it because you're preserving meat in salt because you live off the grid as a sovcit

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

AsInHowe posted:

There was a graph by zipcode of what places root for what teams. East Lansing isn't rural, but the rural and militia parts of Michigan picked MSU as their team.

That'd be right here.
It's based off of facebook likes.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

AsInHowe posted:

Why are you so salty

Is it because you're preserving meat in salt because you live off the grid as a sovcit

Hey now, you don't have to be a sovcit to appreciate charcuterie.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Salt is good.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I feel like it would be Duke.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
My guesses would be Florida State (is "being Florida Man" a kind of sovcit all in itself?), Baylor (baptist school need I say more), WVU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I don't know for sure, but I'm gonna guess that sovereign citizens are overwhelmingly white, so any fanbases that skew especially white would be a possibility.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/JamesALight/status/827601758302175236

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I feel like there has to be a certain level of intellectual arrogance to go sovereign citizen, and when I think of intellectual arrogance, I think of Duke.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

swickles posted:

I feel like there has to be a certain level of intellectual arrogance to go sovereign citizen, and when I think of intellectual arrogance, I think of Duke.

Duke has Richard Spencer and Sean Spicer, ya?

Raku posted:

My guesses would be Florida State (is "being Florida Man" a kind of sovcit all in itself?), Baylor (baptist school need I say more), WVU

UF has a growing nazi coalition going around campus, but we did have that dude who got high on bath salts and ate a dude's face....

Hmmm

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

A long time ago I did a tour of duke for their theater department. I didn't have close to the grades for that place but I'd done well at a high school theatre competition and my mom thought every tour would be a good "learning" experience.

Anyway dukes campus is pretty nice but it's the nerdiest goddamn place in the world. What stuck out to me most was walking through their lunch room. It's nice as poo poo but whatever. Some poor guy had a tray full of food and just ate it in the middle of the place. Like food arcing through the air, foot slipping high up over his head, the whole nine.

The entire cafeteria stood up, pointed at the guy, and laughed, like a bad dream in a teenage Jon cusack movie. The guy just ran away, leaving his food.

I wish I had done something cool there like helped him up.

But yeah anyway gently caress duke forever it's full of rich fuckers from Charlotte and Norfolk.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

Some poor guy had a tray full of food and just ate it in the middle of the place.

Who else was thinking 'so what?' at that point of the story?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

tactlessbastard posted:

Who else was thinking 'so what?' at that point of the story?

Yeah it took me a second.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

It's OK, people ate it in my little division III caf, too.

• Locked thread