Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Wandle Cax posted:

The best part of 4 is the street race which is the best straight up racing scene in the series.

It's true, 4's street race was excellent. So many parts of 4 work great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Wandle Cax posted:

The best part of 4 is the street race which is the best straight up racing scene in the series.

That is a good scene, unfortunately there's the rest of the movie around it.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Snowman_McK posted:

That is a good scene, unfortunately there's the rest of the movie around it.

Yeah and the climax isn't exactly thrilling, cars driving through a tunnel. They've come a long way since then.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Wandle Cax posted:

Yeah and the climax isn't exactly thrilling, cars driving through a tunnel. They've come a long way since then.

That last chase should be great on paper, but in practice you just end up staring at a spoiler while a CGI wall goes past, then a reaction shot. Repeat for ten minutes.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

At least the ending (or after credits I forget) scene is awesome. Pretty hell yeah moment.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
F4 does have the best vehicular homicide scene in the series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t867tCFccE

Also first use of the wheelie to avoid gunshots

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Wow, the Fast series has a smaller production budget compared to other fairly succesful Hollywood properties. The first Iron Man had a budget of 160 mil, about the same as Fast 6.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Cardboard Box A posted:

F4 does have the best vehicular homicide scene in the series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t867tCFccE

Also first use of the wheelie to avoid gunshots

Only Dom can run over a dude on foot and then call him a pussy.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

TheScott2K posted:

Only Dom can run over a dude on foot and then call him a pussy.

To be fair, he kind of was. Dom is like a level 17 Muscle Car Driver at that point and would have shrugged off that collision.

Or, well, he drove imports in the first movie so maybe he dual-classed. So Dom is like level 3 Import Driver / level 14 Muscle Car Driver, while Brian went all-in on Imports. Tej is the 'tinker' of the group and Hobbes straight up went Military Vehicles as a class. Whichever goon first pointed out that these movies are basically a superheroes-with-cars D&D campaign, I tip my hat to you because they really are.

I've been rewatching the series to prepare myself for F8 and it's kind of amazing how all of them, even the original and 2Fast, are great and tie in together. Hell, Brian's cop boss guy in the original calls out that he'll have to choose what 'family' means to him (:3:). And I can never truly hate 2F2F because without it we wouldn't have Roman or Tej.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Tokyo Drift had the best theme song.

I WONDER IF YOU KNOW
HOW THEY LIVE IN TOKYO

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Coffee And Pie posted:

I WONDER IF YOU KNOW
HOW THEY LIVE IN TOKYO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuJDhFRDx9M

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

That sond totally bangs, but I don't know if I'd put it above Get Low (which to me, has the added benefits of keeping Dillon Francis rich forever)

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

well why not posted:

That sond totally bangs, but I don't know if I'd put it above Get Low (which to me, has the added benefits of keeping Dillon Francis rich forever)

I mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA7gnSyuIik

or I actually kinda legit like this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrMcdLTWP-A&t=29s

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I don't really like it but that Wiz Khalifa song from F&F7 was one of the biggest songs of that year.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Coffee And Pie posted:

I WONDER IF YOU KNOW
HOW THEY LIVE IN TOKYO

I would drive the Hulkmobile.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

It will always sound like they are saying 'fast and furryious'.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Maybe its just because I like the song, but this closing song to fast five is a pretty good payoff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3aGsT_gXLw

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Still partial to mos def.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z3LDU46zJQ

and also the not on the cd song 10,9,8 by Silly Mortals

I have a spotify playlist with all the soundtracks that I put on occasionally. They pick good music for this series.

Cerberus911
Dec 26, 2005
Guarding the damned since '05

This was my wake-up alarm for a couple of years so it hurts to hear.

Seconding the closing song from Fast Five, it was everywhere that summer.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Here's my pitch for Fast 9: they accidentally run over John Wick's dog.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Uh, that would obviously lead to them all getting lead. RIP franchise.

... returning from the dead opens many doors to other franchises though!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Mierenneuker posted:

Cross over with Drive Angry at this point. The gang escapes hell with Nic Cage.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Mierenneuker posted:

You're right. New pitch: the villain (Nicolas Cage) forces them to kidnap John Wick's dog. Maybe he's got a hostage or something. At the end, they team up with John to defeat Cage.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

WarLocke posted:

To be fair, he kind of was. Dom is like a level 17 Muscle Car Driver at that point and would have shrugged off that collision.

Or, well, he drove imports in the first movie so maybe he dual-classed. So Dom is like level 3 Import Driver / level 14 Muscle Car Driver, while Brian went all-in on Imports. Tej is the 'tinker' of the group and Hobbes straight up went Military Vehicles as a class. Whichever goon first pointed out that these movies are basically a superheroes-with-cars D&D campaign, I tip my hat to you because they really are.

Someone could probably make a pretty sweet Apocalypse World hack for this franchise. If I were designing it, every character would have two sheets: Driver, with classes like Brawler (Toretto, Hobbes), Techie (Tej), Face (Roman) and Gunslinger (Brian, Gisele); and then Ride, where your classes are Muscle, Import, Military, Motorcycle, etc and as you level up you add modification and engine upgrades and hood scoops and poo poo. You get a certain amount of bonus dice per session that you can add to any roll, and they're called your NOS dice.

And of course you're not in a party, you're a Family.

EDIT: and there's no dedicated Driver class because EVERYONE is a driver. Once you're in your car, you ride or die. :black101:

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Dec 29, 2016

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9FU7Ia-BKg

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Can we rename this thread to

Fate Of The Furious : HOW COULD DOM DO THIS ?!

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

MonsieurChoc posted:

My Fast 9 pitch is that the gang gets hired to steal a semi... that ends up being Optimus Prime. The gang then teams up with the Autobots to take down the Deceptions.

I mean, one franchise drives cars, the other one is cars. How has Hollywood not realized this yet?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Why the hell not? Something like that has already been established in the Transformers universe.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Headmaster_(technology)
http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Targetmaster_(technology)

The crew can either become the gun or head of a Transformers.

That was a weird episode growing up....

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

What if the crew joins all their cars together to make a giant mecha, a-la the Megazord?

Okan170
Nov 14, 2007

Torpedoes away!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

What if the crew joins all their cars together to make a giant mecha, a-la the Megazord?

As someone who has worked on two of these movies, that is absolutely what we ask ourselves sometimes, what could be next?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The movies from 5 onward really love using the harpoons to attach the cars to each other or other things. All they need to do is enchant those harpoons and the anchor and target can fuse into one.

Okan170 posted:

As someone who has worked on two of these movies, that is absolutely what we ask ourselves sometimes, what could be next?

CARS. IN. SPAAAAAAACE!

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Okan170 posted:

we did a big vote on this and decided either space or undersea like in seaquest

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Honestly I think I would like to see the Fast and Furious Transformers sent to hell where the crew has to get out and then Nic Cage Ghost Rider transforms Bumble Bee into a demonic hell transformer.

I would say Bay is fine but I also want Gore Verbinski because he'd probably want to do it all practical and probably literally create hell on earth for a backdrop.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 6, 2017

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The next fast and furious Dom returns home to find a plague has taken his village and meets death, who has also come to claim him. Challenging him to a street race, Dom finds himself oddly enchanted in his conversation with death even as he sees that he is slowly losing his last race, one quarter mile at a time.

Fast and the Furious: The 7th Gear

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

NBC is doing their part for brand awareness and showing Fast & Furious 6 right now. If you've ever wanted to see it cropped to 16x9 with the swears edited out, here's your chance.

Can't remember the last time I saw a movie on network prime time air. Wait, yes I do, when NBC did their part for brand awareness and showed Jurassic Park when Jurassic World came out.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I still remember when networks made a huge deal over a movie's network television premiere. And then recording some of those movies onto VHS.

Edit: lol at Paul Walker not giving the finger

Echo Chamber fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Feb 13, 2017

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

TheScott2K posted:

NBC is doing their part for brand awareness and showing Fast & Furious 6 right now. If you've ever wanted to see it cropped to 16x9 with the swears edited out, here's your chance.

Can't remember the last time I saw a movie on network prime time air. Wait, yes I do, when NBC did their part for brand awareness and showed Jurassic Park when Jurassic World came out.
Wait, networks still do that? I remember there being a big deal over ABC playing Saving Private Ryan unedited back in the early 2000s.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Wait, networks still do that? I remember there being a big deal over ABC playing Saving Private Ryan unedited back in the early 2000s.

Yes, theyre still beholden to the same rules they were before as public broadcasters. Saving Private Ryan was more a dare to get the FCC to fine them for the publicity.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I think NBC pulled the same move with Schindler's List a couple of times. Broadcast titties, y'all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

TheScott2K posted:

I think NBC pulled the same move with Schindler's List a couple of times. Broadcast titties, y'all!
I remember they showed Titanic one time and my mom covered my eyes when Kate Winslet was naked. I think that was before I cared about titties anyway :shrug:

• Locked thread