Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
This is not exactly the best time to have speeches about how America is great and how it's all about fairness and justice, but it was still pretty fun.

I do like how it cribbed from Guns of the South, though that had modern racists give the CSA Aks.

But drat, being Canada, i always find it hilarious how American stuff always makes Cornwallis and the Brits little better than nazis in anything involving the Revolutionary War. Here Cornwallis is seen as a hero with schools and counties named after him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

If you haven't seen it, HBO's John Adams does a really great job of depicting the era. It also includes Benjamin Franklin banging every woman in France. A+

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

twistedmentat posted:

This is not exactly the best time to have speeches about how America is great and how it's all about fairness and justice, but it was still pretty fun.

In fairness the Legends have been out of the timeline for awhile now and our reality sounds a lot like one of those "aberrations" they'd have to go fix.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

STAC Goat posted:

In fairness the Legends have been out of the timeline for awhile now and our reality sounds a lot like one of those "aberrations" they'd have to go fix.

Yea, I could see the Legend of Doom getting Trump elected.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, I could see the Legend of Doom getting Trump elected.

They're not that evil.

Atarask
Mar 8, 2008

Lord of Rigel Developer
Only Barry Allen is that evil.

Maybe the real reason for the spear of destiny is they have to re-write reality to stop Donald?

Maybe the Legends are the real villains afterall...

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

If I had the spear of destiny I would erase Trump from existence. The Legion of Doom is trying to save the entire world.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

GreenNight posted:

He's full time on another show so he isn't doing guest appearances.

While he was a regular on Continuum he also was a recurring on Arrow, Motive, The Strain and The Returned (presumably not all of them at the same time) and still found time to do guest shots on other things.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Norwegian Rudo posted:

While he was a regular on Continuum he also was a recurring on Arrow, Motive, The Strain and The Returned (presumably not all of them at the same time) and still found time to do guest shots on other things.

They all film in the same alley and abandoned warehouse so it's not like he's traveling for it.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Hughlander posted:

Thanks, added Travelers... :)

You'll probably enjoy Frequency (the show) if you're a time travel fan too. The protagonist gets the chance to communicate with the past, and promptly fucks up time in a very Barry Allen way.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Hughlander posted:

Thanks, added Travelers... :)

Give Timeless a chance too. It's sort of a more serious LoT. Not the best show, but entertaining nonetheless.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Atreiden posted:

Give Timeless a chance too. It's sort of a more serious LoT. Not the best show, but entertaining nonetheless.

Timeless is on Plex to be synced eventually. It seems like one I'd really enjoy but there's so much other crap to catch up on first. I'm still on S1 Orphan Black for instance.

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Hughlander posted:

Timeless is on Plex to be synced eventually. It seems like one I'd really enjoy but there's so much other crap to catch up on first. I'm still on S1 Orphan Black for instance.

I mean it's show about people traveling back in time and going on adventures with famous people, with a season plot involving a secret organisation that tries to control the world. So far I've enjoyed it a lot.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
Timeless has gotten much better. And it might take itself more seriously than LoT, but not that much more seriously.

Travelers was great, but way more grim.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Atreiden posted:

I mean it's show about people traveling back in time and going on adventures with famous people, with a season plot involving a secret organisation that tries to control the world. So far I've enjoyed it a lot.

They end up using the same historical figures in the plot on the same week. The most recent was Al Capone and Untouchables jokes. Timeless is entertaining, not amazing though.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Rory's bit in the intro about blowing up the Time Pigs made me laugh far too much. This show got much better when it decided to stop being so serious and enjoy itself.

I hope Evil Rip gets to do an intro.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

McDragon posted:

Rory's bit in the intro about blowing up the Time Pigs made me laugh far too much. This show got much better when it decided to stop being so serious and enjoy itself.

It really did, makes me kinda sad to see that Flash and Archer are still sucking in CW purgatory.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

MiddleOne posted:

It really did, makes me kinda sad to see that Flash and Archer are still sucking in CW purgatory.

Lana? LANAAAAAAAAAAAAA?

radioactive

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Bad Moon posted:

Lana? LANAAAAAAAAAAAAA?

radioactive

:lol:

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
This show frequently begs belief.

But Detroit still existing in the year 3,000?

Also holy poo poo Evil Rip is quickly turning into one of the best parts of the show.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Sarah sees something she likes.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Maxwell Lord posted:

How does this show keep getting even better episode after episode?

Nate getting sick as poo poo of Arthurian myth being proven true is already loving hilarious.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Maxwell Lord posted:

We all know how how Gwenyvire's affairs shake out.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

DoctorWhat posted:

We all know how how Gwenyvire's affairs shake out.

If Sara Lance ends up being Lancelot...

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

That's 1000% happening.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Ray Palmer geeking out is also glorious.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Of course you invent a lightsaber Ray, you glorious nerd!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Oh God Rory has the strongest mind.

This is amazing.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Ah finally I get to fulfill my destiny

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Vast armies of tens of men...

Goddamnit Ray, you cannot take Damian.

howe_sam fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 22, 2017

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

howe_sam posted:

Vast armies of tens of men...

Goddamnit Ray, you cannot take Damian.

Came drat close though. Respect.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Captain Sarah Lance: Time Lesbian

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

THAT'S LITERALLY HOW CAMELOT FELL, SARAH

KEEP IT IN YOUR TIME PANTS

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

DoctorWhat posted:

THAT'S LITERALLY HOW CAMELOT FELL, SARAH

KEEP IT IN YOUR TIME PANTS

Hey, who is she to deny history

8one6
May 20, 2012

Maxwell Lord posted:

Hey, who is she to deny history

An argument could be made that, as captain of the Waverider it's her duty to make sure history happens.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Dahrk brought a gun to a sword fight :laffo:

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
This show is so goddamn fun this season :allears:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I enjoyed how Rip's armor looked kiiiiind of similar to a Roman Centurion getup, only all blacked out.

Also, I know they're idiots, but they really didn't plug any backdoors into Gideon Rip might exploit?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Huh, they're taking *another* week off the 28th?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Don't they have some kind of universal translator thing? The English spoken in the 5th century is so different from the English of the 20th and 21st century, the translator would have to be working when they were talking to the knights. So Galahad wouldn't have been confused by Ray's use of the term "fan," because the translator would've just translated it into an appropriate term That Galahad would've understood.

This show is bullshit.

• Locked thread