Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Note how that one enemy has Beepy's ability to magnetically build more appendages. Am I reading too much into it? Maybe. But drat I'm not letting go of my hope for Beepy's return

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

redreader posted:

I highly appreciate everyone using spoilers for Nier, an old game that I'm still playing. Thanks everyone.

Maybe not visit the thread about the sequel of old said game until you are done? What were you expecting to find in here? The amount of information out on the game is relatively scarce and there are plenty of nods back to the first game so of course people will discuss it.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I don't know that he was being sarcastic!

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Mindblast posted:

Maybe not visit the thread about the sequel of old said game until you are done? What were you expecting to find in here? The amount of information out on the game is relatively scarce and there are plenty of nods back to the first game so of course people will discuss it.

We were using spoiler tags for a game so old that it wouldn't normally be needed for. Nobody spoiled anything for them, and they were being sincere.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

:eyepop: Wow I totally misread that! Guess I'm terrible with context.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Game is going to own

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

I kinda wish I hadn't watched the trailer though. Now it's super obvious that the Command as well as humanity will be your enemy eventually

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

chumbler posted:

I am reaching unbearable levels of hype for this game.

I tried holding back by not playing the demo for a while, was gonna wait until March to play so I just have a little hype train.

I broke and played it yesterday and now I'm dying.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I still watch this video once a week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq3_phBQA_Y

Game is sick and I am so tempted to just make a JP PSN account and buy it digitally so I can play it on Japanese launch. It appears the game will most likely have the English translation on that version anyway.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:

dazat
Nov 23, 2007

So the English dubbed version of the new trailer just came out and I don't know how many of you are bilingual but uh... I advise against watching both versions unless you want to get hit with an inadvertent but pretty humongo spoiler like I did...

Also Yuya Nagai, the secondary character designer (who designed everyone aside from 2B, 9S and A2 basically) has been tweeting some gorgeous illustrations of the supporting cast:

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

That Pascal is precious

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Those are some good beefy robo boys.

PC release date when

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

I still haven't gotten my pre-order theme. Did anyone else in Europe pre-order digitally?

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Jack Trades posted:

PC release date when

Last I heard, same day as the console version. No concrete confirmation yet though from what I've seen.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Jack Trades posted:

PC release date when

Yoko Taro said it was coming out "a week after barkley 2 or so."

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

ManlyGrunting posted:

Last I heard, same day as the console version. No concrete confirmation yet though from what I've seen.

That was confirmed to be false...last I've heard?

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Jack Trades posted:

That was confirmed to be false...last I've heard?
Yeah, that was confirmed "not accurate" - they haven't said anything beyond "2017" that I've heard. But I'd also believe a week after Barkley 2.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Yoko Taro is actually collaborating on Barkley 2. He's helped sprite many gun's.

mrfishstick
Oct 15, 2005
About a half hour worth of Open World Gameplay with the English Dub and English commentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17V2lxzlTRE

I only skimmed through it but they showed off the death system which seems pretty bonkers

When you die your old body is dropped in the world similar to a souls game and you are uploaded into a new body but can go find your old boy and either salvage it for parts or attempt to repair it and it'll become an ally for some length of time. A cool twist on the souls system it looks like

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Whaaaaaat?!

I'm glad February is a shortass month.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lol, when you go fishing 2B generates a holographic stool to sit on.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Augus posted:

GOTY

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

Augus posted:

Just when I think she can't get better, 2B gets better.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Augus posted:

Knowing the creator, doing so drains her power supply and shortens her life the entire time.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
NeoGaf (I know) has a nice summary of the aforementioned video information if you don't mind spoilers. There's also an interview where Yoko Taro shits on his own story.
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1343664

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

mrfishstick posted:

About a half hour worth of Open World Gameplay with the English Dub and English commentary

I only skimmed through it but they showed off the death system which seems pretty bonkers

When you die your old body is dropped in the world similar to a souls game and you are uploaded into a new body but can go find your old boy and either salvage it for parts or attempt to repair it and it'll become an ally for some length of time. A cool twist on the souls system it looks like

I got a big poo poo eating grin at the robots wearing the masks of the desert city people, bring on the plot twists bring on the suffering :unsmigghh:

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
Really hoping we Einhander it up on the moon towards the end, that "glory with the moon" speech is a good sign.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
This would be enough for me to go into a media blackout on the game except that we still don't have a PC release date.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

mrfishstick posted:

Daaaaaaaaang!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

mrfishstick posted:

genuinely brilliant idea

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
If anyone wants to brush up on Drakengard/Nier lore, this is a really good video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE6n2KGbaZ0

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

mrfishstick posted:

That gameplay video gave me a massive hype boner for the game and it's not related to the 2Butt.

Boar drifting and on-moose combat!

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

There's an NPC named Jackass. :allears:

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

If people want to see more of the stuff Robin from Hooked (the german reaction dude) also got to play it and he shows off way more of the stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbTdPIUNfuY&t=679s

A lot more spoilery as it showcases more of the locations in general and I linked to how the death system works

boredsatellite fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Feb 14, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

German german german fanservice more german.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

a kitten posted:

German german german fanservice more german.

das robo-butten

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

8-Bit Scholar posted:

It's too ridiculous to me. Frankly, in my opinion, Nier has one ending and it is bittersweet and reasonably simple. Papa Nier saves his daughter, but ultimately and unknowingly dooms mankind. Popola and Devola are dead, which might suggest the Replicants are all doomed to die out from being unable to breed but I always felt that the existence of all those other tribes suggests that breeding as usual exists and in ample supply.

This is the ending I assume will be going on for Automata, an ending with a world where all human life has finally extinguished.

From what I've read of the supplemental material & explanations it seems more like humanity and the replicants are both doomed because the replicant reproduction process is reliant on the gestalts. So once the current generation dies out only the other android observers will be left. Yonah will still die eventually & so will everyone else unless there are other stable gestalts like Nier out there somewhere to use as the backbone of the process (but it's heavily implied he's the only one they managed to discover/use in all the time before that). To me it seems like the overall theme & what we may see again in Automata is the struggle around the birth of new sentient life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

VA looks better from the demo and cute robots.