Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Alonso should be retired. Hes like heidfeld.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

MattD1zzl3 posted:

MOOOOOOOOODS!!!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

MattD1zzl3 posted:

WICKAS GETTING UPSET

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
McClaren still cant seem to sell out their 2016 kit. im getting spammed daily at this point

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Dubs posted:

McClaren still cant seem to sell out their 2016 kit. im getting spammed daily at this point

I'm going to make a bulk purchase to send a strong message to the so-called Zak Brown.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Quick Nick just never had things go his way.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Dubs posted:

McClaren

wicka posted:

WICKAS GETTING UPSET

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Heidi and Hulk are both wastes of space. Certainly not the worst, but let's not pretend they aren't Bottas or Kmag

There, I said it

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Minto Took posted:

Quick Nick just never had things go his way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhdnQx8oQeg

MWDC '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

A video featuring my two favorite mediocre Germans. :allears:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Classic Ralph

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaFfMSTaYhY

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

The guy at the end looks like he's having a sad wank.

source: experience.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Theophany posted:

having a sad wank.
source: experience.

thats how i feel about an orange mcClaren without ron too

Dubs fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Feb 12, 2017

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?

Wirth1000 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEABGsYfJos

He replies to Jenson at 4m 05s heh

And a dig at Lewis at the end of his response.

Pretty valiant attempt from Alonso there trying to convince us that his daily driver Honda is pretty technologically advanced. Hey guys, it's got cruise control! And also a speed limiter!

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Say no more fam

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Dubs posted:

thanks how i feel about an orange mcClaren without ron too

Ron is our Bernie Sanders. Or is Bernie Ecclestone our Bernie Sanders?

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

MattD1zzl3 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhdnQx8oQeg

MWDC '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11.

This is Zen, and not Heinz-Harald either

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Interesting film coming out
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3985516/?ref_=fn_al_tt_4
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/how-f1-s-most-feared-track-has-hit-the-big-screen-872617/

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

WICKAS GETTING UPSET

BE NICE WICKA

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

I did used to whine about the changes to Nurburgring until I saw a bbc documentary showing the actual death footage of the drivers. They were caused because the original track was designed for slower 1950s cars, and then in the mid 70s the cars simply got too fast for it and would literally take off and fly into barriers or be be flipped into them by the sloping grass at the side of the track. This documentary is a U which I suspect isn't going to do justice to just how dangerous it got . :(

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

learnincurve posted:

I did used to whine about the changes to Nurburgring until I saw a bbc documentary showing the actual death footage of the drivers. They were caused because the original track was designed for slower 1950s cars, and then in the mid 70s the cars simply got too fast for it and would literally take off and fly into barriers or be be flipped into them by the sloping grass at the side of the track. This documentary is a U which I suspect isn't going to do justice to just how dangerous it got . :(

Looking at the cast I think it will be a lot of talking heads plus footage, I'm happy with that, drivers experiences vs death videos

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

learnincurve posted:

That's literally all Motorsport going from the late 60s to the 70s

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

djssniper posted:

Looking at the cast I think it will be a lot of talking heads plus footage, I'm happy with that, drivers experiences vs death videos

On the one hand the footage is shocking and horrible beyond belief, on the other a U isn't going to stop grunting morons from saying we should go back to the good old days and that modern drivers are spineless. I'm not saying show the actual death footage, but a U classification is for 4 year olds and I don't see how the rating could be that low unless they don't even show the moments leading up to the crashes or any wreckage.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I don't think anybody is seriously suggesting to go back to the old nurburgring layout. Even the most die hard of the good old boys recognise its logistically impossible to host a grand prix on that big of a track.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Not to mention all the people shouting for 'elf n safety

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

learnincurve posted:

On the one hand the footage is shocking and horrible beyond belief, on the other a U isn't going to stop grunting morons from saying we should go back to the good old days and that modern drivers are spineless. I'm not saying show the actual death footage, but a U classification is for 4 year olds and I don't see how the rating could be that low unless they don't even show the moments leading up to the crashes or any wreckage.

A U Classification is'nt for four year olds, and this isn't a film for grunting morons to use, it's a film with experienced drivers telling a story, there are plenty of F1 and other racing death films on youtube for people to find

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oh come on don't do the deliberate misreading of posts thing. A British U classification is for four year olds. http://www.bbfc.co.uk/what-classification/u I don't see how you can highlight just how dangerous it it was and and tell the story of how many people lost thier lives in the name of entertainment and still make it a U. E: I don't think we should be glorifying the "good old days" as much as we do is all.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Oh I had no idea what you all were talking about there for like 10 posts. I didn't realize you were all Lewis fans from Lewisland.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Oh I had no idea what you all were talking about there for like 10 posts. I didn't realize you were all Lewis fans from Lewisland.

No one in the thread is Monegasque.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I thought they were talking about Prince songs tbh.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

No one in the thread is Monegasque.

Well, I think gitlin was but he disappeared and writes for Ars Technica.

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
I'm consulting for the Circuit de Barcelona and we're scheduled to be on-site in early March during F1 testing!

I'm curious if anyone has been to testing or just to this track in particular and has any cool info or things to watch for/do.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'd watch cars drive around a racetrack if I were you

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Perv on Nando.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

See if you can grab McLaren's Bacon Briefcase

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

I don't think anybody is seriously suggesting to go back to the old nurburgring layout. Even the most die hard of the good old boys recognise its logistically impossible to host a grand prix on that big of a track.

The Nurburgring can't afford to host a Grand Prix on it's GP layout. Anybody suggesting any kind of event at any layout there is divorced from reality.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

eriddy posted:

I'm consulting for the Circuit de Barcelona and we're scheduled to be on-site in early March during F1 testing!

I'm curious if anyone has been to testing or just to this track in particular and has any cool info or things to watch for/do.

I went to testing years ago at Silverstone (Our Lewis' very first McLaren test before the 2007 season)

It was a bit boring, but good to see some of the new cars. Also, it was free

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

eriddy posted:

If you have the freedom to move about then I would stay in the pit straight area so you get a good view of both the track and K-mags car in flames at the pit exit, and then do a walk around the circuit if it started to get dull.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Theophany posted:

The Nurburgring can't afford to host a Grand Prix on it's GP layout. Anybody suggesting any kind of event at any layout there is divorced from reality.
Speaking of this...since Bernie's gone now, has there been any talk about, like, NOT forcing ridiculous hosting fees on the track venues?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

td4guy posted:

Speaking of this...since Bernie's gone now, has there been any talk about, like, NOT forcing ridiculous hosting fees on the track venues?

I can't imagine that would ever be discussed publicly. Liberty looks to be run by corporate drones so the is probably to keep the fees where they are but spend more on marketing so more people attend.

• Locked thread