Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Al! posted:

i guess jerry brown is kinda too old now

he's a moon bat you loving racist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I want Kamala

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Chokes McGee posted:

I was oddly fine with the campaign she ran, misogyny just boiled over and pretty much any dem was going to get ambushed. Plus, she was driving uphill the entire way with "WILL THIS OLD LADY THAT FAINTS EVER RELEASE HER EMAILS?!?!?!" 24/7 while Trump got constant free publicity, including about his lovely hotel

Why are you fine with the worst campaign in history?

Serf
May 5, 2011

Philip Rivers posted:

I want Kamala

i thought this was the marvel heroes thread for a second there

kamala khan 2036

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Philip Rivers posted:

I want Kamala

I was gonna make a joke about 'parts unknown' possibly including the US so he's valid but apparently he was billed as from Uganda, the real rear end country of real rear end people being represented by 'the wild savage'.

I love wrestling.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Harris/Holder 2020 is a ticket I could get behind

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
John Kerry was still about a trillion times more sincere of a candidate than the lady who thought she deserved the Presidency as a career achievement award

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Oh, that's why I said "In a not 'well bush is gonna gently caress us' context". Like, if you were voting in the primary would you pick Kerry as choice #1?

I wasn't politically active then tbh other than hating Bush. One guy mentioned that Kerry was more leftist than Wesley Clark. I heard good things about Dean, too.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Also, much like Clinton's candidacy, my undying hatred for the right and their constant attacks on him galvanized my support for him further.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Dean is so tragic, apparently if you were there in person it was a totally appropriate noise he made but for whatever reason the way it got recorded made it sound super duper funny and his entire campaign got torpedoed by a meme

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Peter Dinklage 2020

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Dean Did Nothing Wrong

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
if Dean's thing happened this election he'd have gotten Vic Berger'd and it'd be cool

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Dean would have won in a landslide on the power of the meme scream drowning out any other political discourse from anyone as he rocketed to 110% name recognition

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Philip Rivers posted:

because when I think inspiring politician I think Eric holder

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Philip Rivers posted:

Dean is so tragic, apparently if you were there in person it was a totally appropriate noise he made but for whatever reason the way it got recorded made it sound super duper funny and his entire campaign got torpedoed by a meme

Dean has already peaked and was on the downward slope when the scream moment happened.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

because when I think inspiring politician I think Eric holder

Holder just got hired by California to help strategize with Becerra on how to fight the Trump admin in court. Pretty much anyone involved in that fight, and Kamala by proxy, are gonna have serious national profiles in 3 years from now.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

zegermans posted:

I was a member of the Kerry Kult. I was super happy when he became SoS.

Everyday is a new adventure to see just how low Zegerman can go in his political journey of self discovery

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Philip Rivers posted:

that and also just a decade later we had trump run for office and win. dean would have crushed in the Nothing Matters era.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Philip Rivers posted:

Holder just got hired by California to help strategize with Becerra on how to fight the Trump admin in court. Pretty much anyone involved in that fight, and Kamala by proxy, are gonna have serious national profiles in 3 years from now.

and that's great but holder still has yet to run for public office

E: what am I saying trump is president

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

just think, the loving idiots in the media actually tightly controlled the narrative as recently as 2004.

poo poo like the Dean Scream works when people can just have fun with it without the "very serious people" acting sanctimonious

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Dean just needed to appeal to the Ballmer crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMU0tzLwhbE

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

and that's great but holder still has yet to run for public office

E: what am I saying trump is president

the two candidates in 2016 had one elected office between them: a carpet bagged as all gently caress, safe NY Senate seat

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
pre-scream dean was probably the best democratic candidate we've had run in the past 20 years besides obama, and if he got elected, was probably better from a policy standpoint too.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
if dean hadn't become a lobbyist i'd probably be clamoring for him to run again.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Hillary would have been better than Obama

Oh yeah, I'm bringing back that good 08 salt

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

ThndrShk2k posted:

Dean just needed to appeal to the Ballmer crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMU0tzLwhbE

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Vermont gave us Dean and Sanders. Vermont literally the only state trying to save the other 49.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Philip Rivers posted:

I have nothing against Kamala Harris but seeing you namedrop her makes me super suspicious of her

Philip Rivers posted:

Hillary would have been better than Obama

Oh yeah, I'm bringing back that good 08 salt

In that Hillary probably couldn't have lost in 08 and Obama probably would have won in '16, it would have been a better overall long-term result yeah

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Vermont gave us Dean and Sanders. Vermont literally the only state trying to save the other 49.

vermont, other than its minuscule population, is a pretty cool place

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

loquacius posted:

I have nothing against Kamala Harris but seeing you namedrop her makes me super suspicious of her

In that Hillary probably couldn't have lost in 08 and Obama probably would have won in '16, it would have been a better overall long-term result yeah

Kamala is great and I was incredibly hyped on getting to vote for her, also never forget Hillary won the popular vote in 08 too

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

anime was right posted:

vermont, other than its minuscule population, is a pretty cool place

I think that is actually a plus though?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

I think that is actually a plus though?

not for me, i like cities w/ a bunch of stuff to do in them even if they're not huge. also, not a lot of tech work. i'd have moved there like 10 years ago otherwise.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
It's kind of sad to see how old he started looking near the end of his tenure.
Thankfully he's looking better lately. Lotta less stress probably too.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

anime was right posted:

not for me, i like cities w/ a bunch of stuff to do in them even if they're not huge. also, not a lot of tech work. i'd have moved there like 10 years ago otherwise.

There's some in and around Burlington, but yeah otherwise we're pretty spread out/empty. Plus you gotta like winter a lot; my parents got about 2 feet of snow in yesterday's blizzard.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Kamala Harris came under some fire for her decision to not prosecute Steve Mnuchin's OneWest bank for foreclosure violations.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Ballmer was by all accounts bad at his job and should have never been put in charge of the company in the first place (he was good at business but knew nothing about computers), but it sure was good for a hoot and a half, huh?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

anime was right posted:

that and also just a decade later we had trump run for office and win. dean would have crushed in the Nothing Matters era.

"I can't believe that, in a hype speech to his supporters, Dean made a weird yell after talking about how much they're gonna win. Shameful, dispicable, I hope he never dares show his face again."

*ten years later*

"Well president pussygrabber just called the Chinese PM 'lil dumpling human being' while his advisers spraypainted swastikas on Jewish homes."

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Philip Rivers posted:

Kamala is great and I was incredibly hyped on getting to vote for her, also never forget Hillary won the popular vote in 08 too

well it's decided, I'm voting for whoever runs against Kamala Harris

Tatum Girlparts posted:

"I can't believe that, in a hype speech to his supporters, Dean made a weird yell after talking about how much they're gonna win. Shameful, dispicable, I hope he never dares show his face again."

*ten years later*

"Well president pussygrabber just called the Chinese PM 'lil dumpling human being' while his advisers spraypainted swastikas on Jewish homes."

I still don't believe making a weird noise on camera because he was so high-energy is what actually killed the Dean campaign, I think it was just our old enemy rearing its head again: old, "pragmatic," old, old Dem primary voters picking the person who has the most lines on their resume and doesn't have any ideas that are scary to the post-middle-aged brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

loquacius posted:

I still don't believe making a weird noise on camera because he was so high-energy is what actually killed the Dean campaign, I think it was just our old enemy rearing its head again: old, "pragmatic," old, old Dem primary voters picking the person who has the most lines on their resume and doesn't have any ideas that are scary to the post-middle-aged brain

Again, Dean was already in serious decline when that moment happened. Him coming off as a bit of a spaz made entertaining TV but he was a dead letter well before it happened.

• Locked thread