Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Cruz might still be fine as a slot guy but if you're paying him to play on the outside well prepare to be disappointed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

is he cooked?

I ask because Amendola probably should be replaced like last year

Amendola is cool and good. It's just that the only game that gets his juices flowing is the Super Ball, but that's okay if he plays in New England. To be honest, between Edelman, Hogan, Mitchell and potentially Floyd or Amendola the Patriots are good at WR and certainly don't need noted shitler Victor Cruz, who said the Patriots would fear the Giants (this year) and who went on that boat trip.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I mean, Amendola is wildly overpaid and Floyd's future is uncertain at best. There's no harm in kicking the tires on a WR at least.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Ravens will get Cruz.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

GaussianCopula posted:

Amendola is cool and good. It's just that the only game that gets his juices flowing is the Super Ball, but that's okay if he plays in New England. To be honest, between Edelman, Hogan, Mitchell and potentially Floyd or Amendola the Patriots are good at WR and certainly don't need noted shitler Victor Cruz, who said the Patriots would fear the Giants (this year) and who went on that boat trip.
I'm starting to think you're a gimmick

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

fsif posted:

https://twitter.com/CutonDime25/status/831197738201137159
Maybe learn to pass block, noted non-top 100 player in the NFL!

Shadys grades on PFF are going to be horrible next season.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Floyd will probably be in prison for a short stint and suspended half the year, and it's not like he was a good player at all last season. He'll probably spend the next year and a half bouncing around trying to rebuild his career, and probably be a good reclamation project wherever he ends up.

Amendola's scheduled to make $8m next year (lol), with $1.5m in dead money, so he'll either take a massive paycut or get cut.

Patriots will probably either restructure Amendola or get someone cheap and probably try and re-sign Bennett instead of spending any real money on WR's.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

is he cooked?

I ask because Amendola probably should be replaced like last year

Amendola is fine, he's just being paid like he's Edelman instead of being the Edelman backup. I expect now that he's gotten two super bowl rings and did well in the super bowl he's going to be less into a pay cut and will check the market elsewhere.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
This makes me happy though

https://twitter.com/JordanRaanan/status/831205098248302597

Jennings was a poopoo platter who couldn't find a hole and we need to free the Perkins

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

I'm starting to think you're a gimmick

no he's just an actual nazi

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

fsif posted:

https://twitter.com/CutonDime25/status/831197738201137159
Maybe learn to pass block, noted non-top 100 player in the NFL!
He's right.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

evilweasel posted:

Amendola is fine, he's just being paid like he's Edelman instead of being the Edelman backup. I expect now that he's gotten two super bowl rings and did well in the super bowl he's going to be less into a pay cut and will check the market elsewhere.

Amendola restructured his contract each of the last 2 years to stay with the patriots, each time reducing his base salary down to 1.25m from 5m. I don't think that his performance in 2016 was impressive enough for him to believe he can fetch more on the open market, unless you just look at the Super Bowl.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

GaussianCopula posted:

Amendola restructured his contract each of the last 2 years to stay with the patriots, each time reducing his base salary down to 1.25m from 5m. I don't think that his performance in 2016 was impressive enough for him to believe he can fetch more on the open market, unless you just look at the Super Bowl.

He's due 6 million minimum this year, that's a healthy chunk of Marty B.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Just read an article on "If the Texans can sign Martellus Bennett for $4-5m AAV..." and had to stop reading immediately :psyduck:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I'm pretty skeptical Martellus Bennett is going to be a Patriot next season. He's going to be 30 this year, he's got his ring, time to cash in.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

I'm pretty skeptical Martellus Bennett is going to be a Patriot next season. He's going to be 30 this year, he's got his ring, time to cash in.

I think he specifically said that super bowl winners get overpaid, which sure sounds like he's angling to get overpaid.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Maybe Kraft buys part of his children's book company

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
bears are going to pick up cruz and claim he's an upgrade over jeffrey

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

He was also constantly hurt. I love the guy but I dunno if they keep him or not.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Torrey Smith, Victor Cruz, uhhhhh Pierre Garcon probably

your 2017 San Francisco 49ers wide receivers. Who will throw to them? Matt Schaub, perhaps?

Taste the excitement.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Man, Saints fans are savage

Float for Mardi Gras:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spoeank posted:

your 2017 San Francisco 49ers wide receivers. Who will throw to them? Matt Schaub, perhaps?

Taste the excitement.

Garcon seems too productive for the 49ers.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I was in Vegas for the Super Bowl and ran into someone who gloated about the $1000 he bet on the Falcons. It was 28-3 at the time.

Oops!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kalli posted:

Man, Saints fans are savage

Float for Mardi Gras:

It's a great rivalry!

go go go go ROSCOE! posted:

I was in Vegas for the Super Bowl and ran into someone who gloated about the $1000 he bet on the Falcons. It was 28-3 at the time.

Oops!

Better than the guy who bet $1.1 million!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Spoeank posted:

Taste the excitement.

Looks like your spell check hosed up "excrement."

I would be happy with any of those receivers on the Eagles though. :sweatdrop:

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

drat take care of yourself Cruz. Loved hearing those Cruuuuuuz chants

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Silly Burrito posted:

It's a great rivalry!

Better than the guy who bet $1.1 million!

Or the guys who kept letting their bet on the Packers ride week after week

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Lmao I would take Cruz on the Colts as a WR3 over first round bust Phillip Dorsett.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Exactly what the Colts need to go after, more WRs.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

He can come to Carolina but only if he can hang with kelvin and Tolbert at cook out.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Spoeank posted:

Exactly what the Colts need to go after, more WRs.

Well I mean, we would get rid of Dorsett...

Just let me have this okay?!?!?! He's Puerto Rican like me!

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Bye Cruz, much like Hakeem Nicks your career ended way too early due to injury but you also owned in 2011 just like him

Don't go full Tiki Barber and I'm sure you'll have a cushy studio gig waiting for you somewhere

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Again, Amendola was due ~5m in 2015, he restructured in the off season to make only 1.25m. Next year he was due to make 5m again, he restructured again in the offseason to make 1.25m. Now he is due to make 6m and, if the previous trend holds, he will restructure to make ~1.25m this off season. Given that every executive in the NFL knows that play time in New England is based on practice performance, they won't give Amendola a big contract because they could think that Belichick blackballed him or some other poo poo, he is just not good enough to replace Edelman on a regular basis and was even outplayed by Hogan and his best use is, at reasonable price tag, to be Edelman insurance.

As for Marty B., he rejected an contract extension offered before the season, when there were still a lot of question marks regarding his character of 7m py, so that would logically be the starting point for any new contract and the ceiling with regards to what New England will offer is 9m py, as that is what Gronk is making and they can't pay Marty B. more than Gronk.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

GaussianCopula posted:

As for Marty B., he rejected an contract extension offered before the season, when there were still a lot of question marks regarding his character of 7m py, so that would logically be the starting point for any new contract and the ceiling with regards to what New England will offer is 9m py, as that is what Gronk is making and they can't pay Marty B. more than Gronk.

Gronk's contract is odd and it's not easy to make direct comparisons because it's structured around him being an injury risk. But Gronk only makes $6.75m next year, but then $11m and then $12m for the next two years. I think whatever happens with his contract is going to depend entirely on how healthy he stays this year. He's such an incredible player when he's on the field but his injury risk means he's so frequently out during the playoffs when they need him the most.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'll have some good players to come and make my team good, fairly soon. uhhh. Gosder Cherilus. Leodis McKelvin. Paul Kruger. Antone Smith. Malcolm Smith. Daryl Smith. Antonio Smith. the return of Andre Smith. Geno Smith.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
*car crash noises*

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/831268476643782656

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
He's such a goddamned idiot.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
feel like we're long past the point where "aldon smith" and "star" should be used together

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Aldon Smith going to great lengths to not be reinstated so nobody realizes all his sack numbers were due to Justin Smith

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

welcome. to smith Town

• Locked thread