Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
If you didn't have Luneth, Lightning, Noctis, Gilgamesh or Elza for physical damage, who is your next suitable choice(s)

Edit: let's exclude Cloud of Darkness, Yun, and Chizuru also

hagie fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Feb 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Chizuru, Mercedes, Firion, probably Bartz

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Me want Orlandu. :saddowns:

edit:

hagie posted:

If you didn't have Luneth, Lightning, Noctis, Gilgamesh or Elza for physical damage, who is your next suitable choice(s)

2x Cupid Luna with equip L Sword and Excaliburs.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Feb 13, 2017

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

hagie posted:

Cupid Artemois, Xiao, Mercedes. Guess it'll depend on your TMs.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Right now I have 0 TMRs but have 2 Zidanes cooking. In the 20 runs I attempted for tmr, I saw .1% increase on one character in those runs.

I've got Bartz 6, Xiao 6, Mercedes 6 and Firion 5, all to max out, I just wasn't sure how I should look at them, or what one first.

The wiki isn't too keen on Firion for whatever reason.

hagie fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Feb 13, 2017

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Without TMRs Bartz is probably your best all around option since he has so much utility, for pure DPS probably Xiao. If you pull a Cupid Artemois he can hit 500+ atk with really easy to get gear.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

hamsystem posted:

Without TMRs Bartz is probably your best all around option since he has so much utility, for pure DPS probably Xiao. If you pull a Cupid Artemois he can hit 500+ atk with really easy to get gear.

Or alternately, obtain a Cupid Arty and give him the killer bow.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I've got 10 tickets, and not sure if that's what I really want to splurge on...

I have a Cupid Luna but none of the others.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

hagie posted:

I've got 10 tickets, and not sure if that's what I really want to splurge on...

I have a Cupid Luna but none of the others.

Nah, not with the FF2 banner and possibly Shine coming up.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Used 2 for giggles, pulled a Faris and my first rainbow ever...Marie...

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Well, it's something at least, there's basically no one better than her at her green magic niche and she can support spellcasters on the side.
Still, dang, sorry for the luck.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Marie is cool and good :saddowns:

Really though, at the very least her TM is fantastic for mages.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Bows really need a boost considering you can't dual wield or double hand them.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

turnways posted:

Marie is cool and good :saddowns:

Really though, at the very least her TM is fantastic for mages.

Her TM is fantastic for healers, too, my Refia wants one so bad to replace her bustier. She would get even more absurdly invulnerable.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Am I the only person who is more excited for Firion / WoL / Garlands 6* upgrades than Orlandu ? Because, I actually have those units and I will never get orlandu.

I never got a Zidane or Gilgamesh so I can't honestly give a gently caress about Firion because physical characters in global live and die by dual wield (especially firion) since they hosed us on doublehand stacking even though dual wield is still flat out better in all but 1-2 cases.

McSpankWich posted:

His BiS setup I believe is

Sakura (+20% Katana Passive)
Kaiser Knux (+30% Fist Passive)
Black Cowl (+28 ATK)
Crimson Slayer (+30% Fist Passive)
Champs Belt (+20% Fist Passive
Champs Belt (+20% Fist Passive)

DW
Blade Mastery (+50% Katana Passive)
Power of Creation (+30% ATK)
Seal of Destruction/Lunge Combo (+20% ATK)

This gives him a total of +220% ATK (!)

Firion doesn't have innate dual wield, so this doesn't work.

You'd drop both Seals for Shine's TMR (30% atk), and a champion's belt for a genji glove if you're going all out whale mode.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Dual Wield is the first TM on that list.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hagie posted:

Right now I have 0 TMRs but have 2 Zidanes cooking. In the 20 runs I attempted for tmr, I saw .1% increase on one character in those runs.

I've got Bartz 6, Xiao 6, Mercedes 6 and Firion 5, all to max out, I just wasn't sure how I should look at them, or what one first.

The wiki isn't too keen on Firion for whatever reason.

the wiki isnt keen on firion as 5* firion doesnt really do anything or even have barrage, and even 6* firion it wont rate super highly for the same reason it rates any innate dw character highly-firion isnt that exciting if you dont have tms to slap on him

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I fully expect them to give 6* Firion a 9.0 or so, but add the caveat that he gets exponentially more powerful for each TMR.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Evil Fluffy posted:

Firion doesn't have innate dual wield, so this doesn't work.

You'd drop both Seals for Shine's TMR (30% atk), and a champion's belt for a genji glove if you're going all out whale mode.

Dual Wield is the first ability on the list, also yes, shines TM would be better than lunge combo or seal of destruction, but it doesn't exist yet in GL so I didn't include it.

Edit: I see where you were confused, I didn't mean for that to say you equip BOTH lunge and seal, I was just saying they both give 20% atk so you could use either or. I'm still not sure how you missed dual wield though, I guess because I didn't write it all the way out.

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Feb 14, 2017

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Which is better Lenna or Krille?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

cheer is better for support but krile has innate dualcast and is better at healing for that reason

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Rain can handle stat buffing with Leadership but it's a huge MP hog.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Wouldn't it be a good idea to give Firion Barrage? Seems like he could use an ability like that.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Wouldn't it be a good idea to give Firion Barrage? Seems like he could use an ability like that.

Mine is getting Dual Wield and Barrage first thing after he gets his six.

My only two rare pull TMRs...

Speaking of which, I have never drawn a Ludmille, and I have Cecil, Chizuru, and Bartz (and a too many other units with good TMRs to list) at various levels of trust. Also I have 7 +10% Trust Moogles. What should I get next? Doesn't have to be from those three.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

From what Reddit says, he has a skill that's like barrage or better?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Nuebot posted:

From what Reddit says, he has a skill that's like barrage or better?

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Firion

He gets a nice single-target attack that ignores a bunch of DEF, but no, he gets nothing Barragelike. No AOE, either.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Keep in mind that they may change his 6* form for Global.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

He gets a nice single-target attack that ignores a bunch of DEF, but no, he gets nothing Barragelike. No AOE, either.

It's the Fin Briar one they talk about, yeah. They keep saying it's good. :shrug:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Nuebot posted:

It's the Fin Briar one they talk about, yeah. They keep saying it's good. :shrug:

Enhancements make it worthwhile.

Yeah. Them again.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Varance posted:

Keep in mind that they may change his 6* form for Global.

this hasnt been true of any character so far. they might also release a hot dog launcher but i wouldnt bet money on it

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Barrage isn't even that good considering you aren't going to chain decently with other abilities. There's a reason units like 6* CoD get single hit skills that are "weaker" than Barrage.

Early on Barrage was worth giving to units, but now? I can't think of a 6* unit that it'd be worth giving it to.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

KataraniSword posted:

Enhancements make it worthwhile.

Yeah. Them again.

One day. :sigh:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

rabidsquid posted:

this hasnt been true of any character so far. they might also release a hot dog launcher but i wouldnt bet money on it

Yeah, there've been Base 5*s that have been given new skills (Ace, Randi) but to this day there hasn't been any changes on legacy characters getting their 6*s.

I don't expect there to be, either - Randi and Ace got skill additions in order to try to make them more appealing to the whales, since otherwise they're several months behind the Dark Fina/pre-Orlandu power curve.

On the other hand, legacy 6*s have been in the gacha forever, and most people have one or more of them. They wouldn't give them anything new to incentivize further spending because there's no reason for many people to spend further. There's no demand even if they get stronger.

Enhancements, on the other hand - that's another level of Relentless, Soul-Destroying Grind on top of their already lucrative TMR racket. The top items needed for enhancements tend to go for 100k event currency even in current day JP events. I could see them adding new enhancements to get more people to shell out for bonus units and/or refreshes and/or bundles. THAT, I would not be surprised by.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Feb 14, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If you needed proof, here it is that the soluna ring can stack. Posted to Reddit, here we see two soluna rings stacking with Lings innate auto-refresh for a whopping 15% MP per turn. There's usually something broken with each of the Gumi holiday banners...

I might throw some tickets to get a second Cupid Luna before this banner is done.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
even so i will continue not even doing the daily pull on this banner for fear of wasting my next 5* base on marie :tinfoil:

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Marie is dope and does dope things.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
I did some cleaning of in actives so anyone who wants my crappy Noctis can add me. 782 288 032

Bybus Slago
Oct 31, 2005
Maybe I'm just not hip to the jive.
Finally cleared the Elite valentines event. That was a goddamn struggle, the dragon boss alone was a 20 minute fight. Double MVP awards to barely-macro'd-in-time Dualcast Refia and 800atk Noctis friend. Had a couple turns at the very end of the fight where I had to drop 3 full lifes. Watching for the thresholds and having everyone guard/noctis jump definitely helped. Cecil could drop a big heal and just barely tank the damage head on.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Cleared up some inactives - 5 open slots.

Currently this:

Sometimes this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
code:
Diff&Run  Enc  1Ra 2Ra 3Ra 4Ra 5Ra  7.3% chance of rabites
ADV   1	    0  0   0   0   0   0    No 6amt rabite packs
ELT   3	    0  0   0   0   0   0    6.66% were 3 or 5 rabites
PRO 201	   15  3   6   1   4   1    2 most common at 6, then 4
Mana Event farts. Zoldaad pt.Final already, drat.

• Locked thread