Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

lilspooky posted:

So the avatars look pretty stupid and seem overpowered. Have the mentioned what the point of picking Crom will be?

There is no point. It does absolutely nothing for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
also just find the right npc and click a button and you can get the other religions anyway

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Wallet posted:

Less ambitious than the temple upthread, but I figured out how to run walls between pillars consistently:

I thought I had it figured out, but I didn't. Care to share the secret ?

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
So is this worth getting into on the ground floor or should I wait for them to iron some of the bullshit out. I enjoyed ARK and other stuff with Goons but we seem to be spread out a bit more than usual on this one.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

YOTC posted:

So is this worth getting into on the ground floor or should I wait for them to iron some of the bullshit out. I enjoyed ARK and other stuff with Goons but we seem to be spread out a bit more than usual on this one.

Goons are more spread out but this game is way better about letting you go out solo. Most settle into small bands of 5 or so.

It's very fun!

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Inzombiac posted:

Goons are more spread out but this game is way better about letting you go out solo. Most settle into small bands of 5 or so.

It's very fun!

5 sounds like a much better number of goons to keep in check from doing stupid poo poo than 100. I'm looking at you archeage.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

YOTC posted:

5 sounds like a much better number of goons to keep in check from doing stupid poo poo than 100. I'm looking at you archeage.

Ha, ArchAge wasn't doing itself any favors and Goon tendencies made it worse.

This game is dope because a single person could go and make a T1 fortress really easily and have a reasonable expectation to not be invaded.

Just run far away from spawn until you have a good place to set up shop.
It's better to try and wall off a section of land than build a huge foundation base.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Hammerstein posted:

Also, how are you getting your fences so high? You can only put one fence on a fence foundation, but that looks to be at least two high.

Doctors Inc
May 28, 2011
Status report from the [EU] server:
Arc and his spider bros have finally exterminated the "No Owner" bug after creating a guild by turning the outpost from one mega structure into several autonomous buildings and now the "Crosswood Exiles" outpost is great again. Friendly visitors are always welcome! (Screenshots will follow)

A small questions concerning thralls stays, however. On the first night I rescued a dancer thrall from the local cannibals but since then that camp seems to have lost its taste for dancers. Everything else respawns / gets killed by spiders / respawns / ... in the regular intervalls but no dancer. Our camp is quite some distance away and like I said everything else respawns like crazy. Are captured thralls removed from the spawn list or is there a known bug to be fixed?

Doctors Inc fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Feb 13, 2017

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

Just run far away from spawn until you have a good place to set up shop.
It's better to try and wall off a section of land than build a huge foundation base.

Yeah it's better to build out then up in this game. One of the tips even states this. A big reason for that is cause of the damage an avatar can do in an area. A lot of pubbies are complaining avatars are OP because they can completely destroy their giant floating tall box on pillars and stairs

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

They must have learned how to build while playing Rust.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.

Doctors Inc posted:

Status report from the [EU] server:
Arc and his spider bros have finally exterminated the "No Owner" bug after creating a guild by turning the outpost from one mega structure into several autonomous buildings and now the "Crosswood Exiles" outpost is great again. Friendly visitors are always welcome! (Screenshots will follow)

A small questions concerning thralls stays, however. On the first night I rescued a dancer thrall from the local cannibals but since then that camp seems to have lost its taste for dancers. Everything else respawns / gets killed by spiders / respawns / ... in the regular intervalls but no dancer. Our camp is quite some distance away and like I said everything else respawns like crazy. Are captured thralls removed from the spawn list or is there a known bug to be fixed?

On my server dancers are hit and miss for a lot of camps, the pirate ship will sometimes have 3 or 4 or none. Sometimes I go there and they'll spawn and fall over dead as soon as I am close enough to see them, and that's not just dancers.
Only spot I've found that has always had at least one dancer every time is the werewolf camp in the middle north. Even then usually the camp is empty when I get there, I have to walk through it once and NPCs will start spawning behind me as I pass through.

And on the subject of dancers, all of our enslaved dancers but one has been hit with the bug that turns them into a naked blonde guy on reset and can no longer be interacted with. I've left them up because Yog needs his dancers, no matter the gender.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Hammerstein posted:

It's not really a secret, but it is finicky. You need to place two regular foundations, go to put a fence foundation so that it is running perpendicular to where you want the wall to be between them, and then use your mouse wheel to rotate it into the final position—if you want it to run between pillars, the fence should be half on each of the regular foundations. It's hard to describe clearly, so here are some pictures of what I mean:

Rinse and repeat for each wall segment. After that, you can put the wall and pillars on top though, again, that part can be finicky. If you want to do this on top of a multi-layer foundation, you need to add the fence foundations all the way to the ground. You can do the same thing with ceilings instead of foundations in the same way.

lilspooky posted:

So the avatars look pretty stupid and seem overpowered. Have the mentioned what the point of picking Crom will be?

You can get all of the religions by talking to the right NPCs, so it doesn't really matter which you pick anyway. Yog seems far and away the most useful, at least early on, as it lets you harvest each human corpse for unblemished flesh, which you can turn into food that is extremely filling, gives you a regen buff when eaten, and never decays.

Depends posted:

On my server dancers are hit and miss for a lot of camps, the pirate ship will sometimes have 3 or 4 or none. Sometimes I go there and they'll spawn and fall over dead as soon as I am close enough to see them, and that's not just dancers.

I've had entire camps of NPCs fall over dead as well, and I have no idea what the story is. If you're looking for dancers, or really any other non-fighter thralls, just beat down anyone who doesn't have a weapon in their hand. I've found dancers that weren't dancing.

Depends posted:

And on the subject of dancers, all of our enslaved dancers but one has been hit with the bug that turns them into a naked blonde guy on reset and can no longer be interacted with. I've left them up because Yog needs his dancers, no matter the gender.

All dancers do this on all servers when they are restarted, I believe. If you pick them up and put them back down, they will revert to their original form. Of course, if you can't pick them up because you can't interact with them, then I hope you enjoy floppy dongers capering around your base.

Wallet fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Feb 13, 2017

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Wallet posted:

All dancers do this on all servers when they are restarted, I believe. If you pick them up and put them back down, they will revert to their original form. Of course, if you can't pick them up because you can't interact with them, then I hope you enjoy floppy dongers capering around your base.

Don't pick up dancers. They currently have a bug where they can glitch out and become a completely corrupted object in your inventory. We've lost two this way.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.

Wallet posted:

You can get all of the religions by talking to the right NPCs, so it doesn't really matter which you pick anyway. Yog seems far and away the most useful, at least early on, as it lets you harvest each human corpse for unblemished flesh, which you can turn into food that is extremely filling, gives you a regen buff when eaten, and never decays.

The meat also gives you water and the avatar can fly so no pillar base is safe.
Anyone who isn't Yog should get a cleaver and use it to harvest bodies to bring back for the worshipers to make meat for everyone. I just round up our clan and have everyone come naked to the pit, set respawn to the bed there and group suicide a bunch to fill up a chest or two with meat, no one has eaten an animal for a while now.

Someone told me the regen from the yucca bottles, purified flesh, and ambrosia all stack too.

I've seen people say pick the dancers up and replace them to revert them back to their original model but when I try on any of our naked dancy men it just says "Can't touch this." You can still kill them for trying to bring back the 90s though.
So far the only dancer that has worked was one placed on the ground rather than a foundation or ceiling. All the bugged ones fell through the object they were placed on and vanished then came back on the next regular restart.
Our bugged dancers still give the + regen status on your screen but won't get rid of corruption.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.
Just picked this up yesterday and I've been screwing around with it. How is it playing on the Goon server? I'm a casually playing it and wondering if it's worth it with the pvp?

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Wallet posted:

It's not really a secret, but it is finicky. You need to place two regular foundations, go to put a fence foundation so that it is running perpendicular to where you want the wall to be between them, and then use your mouse wheel to rotate it into the final position—if you want it to run between pillars, the fence should be half on each of the regular foundations. It's hard to describe clearly, so here are some pictures of what I mean:

Rinse and repeat for each wall segment. After that, you can put the wall and pillars on top though, again, that part can be finicky. If you want to do this on top of a multi-layer foundation, you need to add the fence foundations all the way to the ground. You can do the same thing with ceilings instead of foundations in the same way.

This is exactly the foundation I tried. I'm gonna fiddle around with it a bit more later this evening.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Anyone know what the config setting is the one to be able to carry more weight? I cant figure it out for the life of me.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

grimcreaper posted:

Anyone know what the config setting is the one to be able to carry more weight? I cant figure it out for the life of me.
Try this http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=862152843

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Super 3 posted:

Just picked this up yesterday and I've been screwing around with it. How is it playing on the Goon server? I'm a casually playing it and wondering if it's worth it with the pvp?

Small time players arent getting hosed with, just dont make some giant Avatar bait base.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Usenet, in case you read this pls place it in the op.

[EU] The Riddle of Steel - Pvp

Added 2 daily server reboots.

Now reboots at 6am and 6pm GMT+1, reboots usually takes 5 minutes.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Feb 13, 2017

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Hammerstein posted:

This is exactly the foundation I tried. I'm gonna fiddle around with it a bit more later this evening.

Getting the walls to snap after you've placed those foundations can be annoying, so you may have to fiddle with it a bit. Once you get one in place, the rest will start snapping to it.

Klisejo
Apr 13, 2006

Who else see da' Leprechaun say YEAH!

Super 3 posted:

Goon server is fun if you like goon on goon violence (goon base getting smashed by giant snek summoned by goons). It also has a healthy pop but is easy to get into. Duster's group of us on Official #178 is set up in a pretty nice spot running the more traditional pubbie tears ops, but it can be tough to get a free slot. Either way hop in Discord and you can link up with folks.

Klisejo fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Feb 14, 2017

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

I appreciate the link but the server admin doesnt want to mess with mods right now.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Does Funcom own the rights to Conan or something?

They already have Age of Conan, and these guys are known for janky MMOs that don't die, so why?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Fargin Icehole posted:

Does Funcom own the rights to Conan or something?

They already have Age of Conan, and these guys are known for janky MMOs that don't die, so why?

According to an official Funcom press release, the developer has entered into a recent agreement with Conan Properties to become the preferred partner for all PC and console video game titles featuring the original fantasy character. Having already enjoyed a lucrative relationship with the gaming studio subsequent to the development and release of the 2008 MMO, Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures, the two conglomerates are excited to announce that a total of three titles are in the works to be announced in 2016, with the first production to be unveiled in January of next year.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
@guy who said he knows dudes at Funcom looking for QoL suggestions.

Make the major NPC camps have larger "Invalid building location" radius or increase the places priests can spawn since it is extremely easy to permenatently block them from spawning.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Snatch Duster posted:

@guy who said he knows dudes at Funcom looking for QoL suggestions.

Make the major NPC camps have larger "Invalid building location" radius or increase the places priests can spawn since it is extremely easy to permenatently block them from spawning.

Just make it so npc camps can't be built near enough to block . Voila. Problem solved.

flick3r
Apr 22, 2011

Klisejo posted:

Duster's group of us.

Reason #3 I'll never join that official server. Duster running the goon group? kek.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

game is kinda balls anyway, foundation salt is a thing just like in ark and so the official servers are basically garbage

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

flick3r posted:

Reason #3 I'll never join that official server. Duster running the goon group? kek.

Not running anything. Put me on ignore and move on.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ruggan posted:

game is kinda balls anyway, foundation salt is a thing just like in ark and so the official servers are basically garbage

That's the biggest problem.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Is this any less lovely than other survival games

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

It is less lovely but it is still a survival game.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

flick3r posted:

:qqsay:

Pubbie tears and goon tears. A bountiful harvest for BMW.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Has more content but runs worse than Rust. However Rust is 2 years into its development and Conan came out 2 weeks ago.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
There are a lot of things that this game does right. You can gather stones from the ground while holding a weapon, you can repair stuff while it's still in your hotbar, you can have a reasonably safe hide set up almost immediately, the combat is pretty engaging and easy to get into, and the crafting (so far at level ~15ish) doesn't require 10,000 iron or anything.

Spanish Matlock fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Feb 14, 2017

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Really enjoying some of the Twitch RP server streams for this. Looking forward to seeing if they can add in the level of content ARK has since its release.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Givin posted:

Really enjoying some of the Twitch RP server streams for this. Looking forward to seeing if they can add in the level of content ARK has since its release.

Those Twitch servers seem even laggier than the laggiest server I've played on, if Maxmoefoegames videos are anything to go by.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Wallet posted:

Getting the walls to snap after you've placed those foundations can be annoying, so you may have to fiddle with it a bit. Once you get one in place, the rest will start snapping to it.

I can't get it to work. Tried for a full hour yesterday evening and getting frustrated. Here's a 2 min video of my failings. Did I miss a step ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS2Nl8uHWwY&feature=youtu.be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Hammerstein posted:

I can't get it to work. Tried for a full hour yesterday evening and getting frustrated. Here's a 2 min video of my failings. Did I miss a step ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS2Nl8uHWwY&feature=youtu.be

You're trying to snap a fence on top instead of another fence foundation (which may or may not work, I haven't actually tried it) but you also may need to make the line longer to find a place the first one will snap. You can also try putting pillars down first, even if you want to remove them after.

• Locked thread