Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Rascyc posted:

Being able to trigger from range is more about dumping archers/mages right off the bat than triggering the dumb skill. Ryoma owns just cause of his base stats and 1-2 range. He just has problems with dragons in PvP but I've never had a single instance in PvE where I wish he was something else.

In PvP though I'm always "wish this were lucina". Although tbh I wish my Marth were Lucina and I'd keep Ryoma but whatevs

That's the problem with Ryoma in a nutshell though, because he isn't nearly as versatile as the Falchion wielders, and he isn't as good at being a straight up murder machine as Lyn. He's undoubtedly very good and being able to snag counter kills off the AI is a cool perk, but Raijinto doesn't really synergize with the rest of his kit the same way Sol Katti (and access to Galeforce) does with Lyn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Do we know when/what the next banner is going to be? Is it going to start when this one ends on the 15th?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I find Ryoma is excellent at killing my Takumis.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

HGH posted:

I find Ryoma is excellent at killing my Takumis.

This is definitely something Ryoma does well!

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

I've been playing this casually since it came out and just rolling every time I've picked up 20 orbs. I haven't had much luck with blue units, but have red covered with both 5* Marth and Roy. Any suggests on a better team I could put together with what I have here in my box?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

I've got 3 lunatic story maps left and a smattering of missions, bring on the new content :negative:

Geekslinger posted:

I've been playing this casually since it came out and just rolling every time I've picked up 20 orbs. I haven't had much luck with blue units, but have red covered with both 5* Marth and Roy. Any suggests on a better team I could put together with what I have here in my box?

Replace your healer with Frederick imo. Healers are way situational, most maps you will have at least one or two blue opponents and Frederick is also good against armor since he gets a hammer.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Feb 13, 2017

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Mirthless posted:

I've got 3 lunatic story maps left and a smattering of missions, bring on the new content :negative:

Replace your healer with Frederick imo. Healers are way situational, most maps you will have at least one or two blue opponents and Frederick is also good against armor since he gets a hammer.

Cherche also gets a hammer and a whole lot of attack, but has poor defences, so I suppose it depends on how you want to deal with enemy blues exactly.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

l0lwhat
Mar 30, 2005

Who touched my nuts?

I know I lucked out pretty hard but any tips how to improve that team? I usually go with Fae instead of Olivia but she helps shredding teams in advanced arena.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Mirthless posted:

I'm reasonably certain we're getting chapters 10 and 11 tonight

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

puschel posted:

I know I lucked out pretty hard but any tips how to improve that team? I usually go with Fae instead of Olivia but she helps shredding teams in advanced arena.

You need a spear or blue book on that team really really badly

Green is a little weak with the sword heavy meta we have going right now, but blue is very strong. You should level Sharena or Donnel and promote with feathers today if you can afford it.

Donnel has very high stats at cap and a drag move, Sharena has very high stats at cap and a lot of area buffs/debuffs. Sharena is probably going to be more useful overall but if you don't have any field movement abilities you might go with Donnel.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Feb 13, 2017

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Mirthless posted:

Stop doing stories and grind the training tower while it is half stamina.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Paul Zuvella posted:

Do we know when/what the next banner is going to be? Is it going to start when this one ends on the 15th?

Nothing's confirmed.

The current banners end at 0200 EST on the 15th... actually it doesn't specifically say it's EST, I just figured it somehow drew which time zone I was in. Is this the same for everyone?

Either way when the banner expires everyone's expecting new, different ones to take their places. Eireka/Ephraim/Seliph/whoever are likely going to be on it, with a possibility of the winners of the competition as well. I'd guess there will be some more story maps or maybe even whatever these Paralogues are.

edit: I also personally doubt they're reverting training tower costs back to their original values but feel free to call me out on it if it happens.

acumen fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Feb 13, 2017

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Nephzinho posted:

Stop doing stories and grind the training tower while it is half stamina.

I have been! Look at all those levels. :colbert:

acumen posted:

edit: I also personally doubt they're reverting training tower costs back to their original values but feel free to call me out on it if it happens.

I would be surprised if the low level training costs didn't get adjusted from their half-cost prices but I think it's pretty unlikely we'll see the values double, yeah. I think it's obvious some mistakes were made with the game's stamina system.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Okay, I'm genuinely beginning to believe that defense is being undervalued pretty significantly at the moment. I've managed to run a bunch of 7 win ranked arenas at this point by forcing unfavourable trades.

One of the biggest assertions running is that Chrom is bad because he doesn't double anything. But equally, Chrom kills every single other sword lord in the game as long as they initiate on him, since none of them kill him with a double and two hits from Chrom will kill them back. Especially when he teams with his buddy Robin, I'm in a position where I can just bait out whatever I need to, the only character that can threaten their wall is Linde.

So I do that, usually get a doublekill on turn two when Chrom kills a sword lord and Robin kills Takumi and then sweep the remainders with my Camilla. It just feels a lot safer than an offensive strategy.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Trying to level up Anna but she is such hard work, keep hoping she's gonna get good!

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

Stephen9001 posted:

Cherche also gets a hammer and a whole lot of attack, but has poor defences, so I suppose it depends on how you want to deal with enemy blues exactly.

You may want to turn off your sig when you post in Games.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
So someone on the arena is being really nice, and left lyn and hector at lvl 40 without weapons so they just sat passively while I killed the other two units.

I am completely in love with Tharja/Azura as a combo team. I'm also using Sharena and Nino, and the amount of power that Tharja dishes out with all the buffs on her is just ridiculous. Almost every fight is the same, move forward on the map to give myself room to maneuver, then backup to help spread the enemy team out. Third turn Tharja normally kills two units, and if I do things right is setup to counterattack whichever ranged enemy I left alive. Turn four the last unit gets blown to poo poo by whatever, GG. Nino is nice to have on the rare occasion there is some high res blue which is basically the only unit type Tharja has any issue with. In that case load up all the buffs on Nino and follow the same plan.

I know that Azura is hard to get, but honestly she never actually attacks so you could do the same thing with Olivia, though in that case you'd want to replace Nino with someone that can buff Res.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Philip Rivers posted:

Lyn's deal is that she's a pure sweeper. She frail

She really isn't. She has more defense and resistance than any other red unit aside from Tiki.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Zurai posted:

She really isn't. She has more defense and resistance than any other red unit aside from Tiki.

I'm pretty sure her average stats put her at lower def than Chrom, Ryoma, Marth and Tiki. Her resistance is great though.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Zurai posted:

She also has the lowest health of any red lord, zero defensive abilities, and gets owned by dragons. She can weather a hit (which is important because she'd be garbage if she couldn't) but she'll almost never survive a second one.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Oh the banners end tomorrow night? Lame, I thought we'd be getting the sibling banner tonight

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I finally got a Takumi with +Res/-Def. I know the Takumi part is good, but what about the lower def?

E: I also got a 4* kagero which according to the IV calculator is impossibly bad with 3 low stats so uhhhhhh

Centzon Totochtin fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Feb 13, 2017

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
I will never have a Takumi or Kagero. Still need a good physical ranged to go with Tiki/Nowi/Linde. Using Merric feels weak, there are some maps with insane healers I can't actually touch with an all-magic team, and his "Utility" kind of overlaps with Tiki's. I guess I might try to bring up a Niles or Saizo out of desperation, or maybe just skip it and level Olivia.

fairlight
May 18, 2007

Centzon Totochtin posted:

E: I also got a 4* kagero which according to the IV calculator is impossibly bad with 3 low stats so uhhhhhh

Some of the calculator data is just plain wrong. Check the Gamewith.jp one if you haven't already (they added an English option) but even then I've noticed some issues.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Calcs generally include the attack bonus you get from the 5* weapon (which isn't reflected in a level 1's stats if you're looking at the promotion screen or just promoted a 4*). You've gotta add the extra damage to your listed attack stat to compare to the calculator. This also may apply to any passive stat bonuses.

There are a few - Olivia at least - in the english calc that aren't included for whatever reason though. If you already have one +3 and one -3 and your attack stat is still all hosed up then it's probably just average.

acumen fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Feb 13, 2017

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
If it's a popular hero the calc seems to be right. Fair game on everything else, I've found a lot more wrong than otherwise.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
PSA to all: If youre planning to reroll or on the fence about your current account, there is 36~ hours left on the current banner and chance to (relatively) easily get Takumi or any of the focus units. After that, all the current focus will be as hard to get as the rarest 5*s right now.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
I need 1 scarlet badge to level up my olivia. Is there any way for me to do that?

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!
So has there been any announcement about new heroes coming out soon? I kinda wanted to buy some orbs and try to pick up a red sword while they're boosted but if new heroes are out soon I'll just wait.

I picked up this game a couple of days ago and it seems pretty fun. It's a nice change of pace from PAD.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

OGS-Remix posted:

So has there been any announcement about new heroes coming out soon? I kinda wanted to buy some orbs and try to pick up a red sword while they're boosted but if new heroes are out soon I'll just wait.

I picked up this game a couple of days ago and it seems pretty fun. It's a nice change of pace from PAD.

The new banners (which at least have new headliners, and possibly some new chaff underneath them as well) are coming tomorrow night I believe. It's reasonable but not guaranteed that the new content that is promised to come every 2 weeks will arrive at the same time.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Rascyc posted:

If it's a popular hero the calc seems to be right. Fair game on everything else, I've found a lot more wrong than otherwise.

The Elise stats are completely off because it claims mine is quadruple hosed with 4 low stats.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Trip report: Did another summon - got a draw with two blues. Ended up with a 5* Hinoka and a 3* Est. Still don't have a single blue mage (or Manakete), but at least I've got 7 Pegasus Knights (only missing Caeda & Cordelia)! :shepface:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
where is Gregor

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Lord Koth posted:

Trip report: Did another summon - got a draw with two blues. Ended up with a 5* Hinoka and a 3* Est. Still don't have a single blue mage (or Manakete), but at least I've got 7 Pegasus Knights (only missing Caeda & Cordelia)! :shepface:

And here I am not able to finish this drat Hard mission to kill units with a flyer. I missed the free Subaki because I wasn't playing the game for the first week.

On the plus side, I just rolled a Takumi. +Atk -HP nature, so pretty darn good. He'll get 1-shotted by so many things with the AI controlling him though. Got a bonus 3* Nino with +Atk -Res who will one day be a 5* shitwrecker as well.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
So, I was playing heroes using BlueStacks (an android emulator), started getting the 803 error (this had happened once before, because I had linked it to a nintendo account I could uninstall and reinstall without losing my progress) tried uninstalling, and the store says Fire Emblem Heroes isn't compatible with my device, or rather, on the store page it says "your device isn't compatible with this version". Not even uninstalling and reinstalling BlueStacks helped.

Anyone got any idea what's going on here and if there's anything I can do about it?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Stephen9001 posted:

So, I was playing heroes using BlueStacks (an android emulator), started getting the 803 error (this had happened once before, because I had linked it to a nintendo account I could uninstall and reinstall without losing my progress) tried uninstalling, and the store says Fire Emblem Heroes isn't compatible with my device, or rather, on the store page it says "your device isn't compatible with this version". Not even uninstalling and reinstalling BlueStacks helped.

Anyone got any idea what's going on here and if there's anything I can do about it?

Try unrooting your emulator. Alternatively, just download the apk and play anyways. I think people are reporting that having a rooted device can cause the app to conclude the data is corrupted and reinstall each play session, but it won't get worse than that and actually lock you out of playing. I don't have personal experience with that though.

Since you've linked to a Nintendo account, you should be able to just unroot your emulator (possibly you'll have to do some wizardy to make the app store forget you were ever rooted; I'm not sure) and then reinstall and keep playing without problems.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

Try unrooting your emulator. Alternatively, just download the apk and play anyways. I think people are reporting that having a rooted device can cause the app to conclude the data is corrupted and reinstall each play session, but it won't get worse than that and actually lock you out of playing. I don't have personal experience with that though.

Since you've linked to a Nintendo account, you should be able to just unroot your emulator (possibly you'll have to do some wizardy to make the app store forget you were ever rooted; I'm not sure) and then reinstall and keep playing without problems.

What exactly is "the apk"? I'm sadly not that familiar with tech wizardry.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Stephen9001 posted:

What exactly is "the apk"? I'm sadly not that familiar with tech wizardry.

It's the installation file for the game.

Realistically, if I've diagnosed your problem correctly (which isn't guaranteed), unrooting your emulator and then somehow convincing google play you're a new device (possibly by switching emulators to Nox? I don't really know) will solve your problem quickly and easily.

e: Nox is even unrooted by default so there shouldn't be an issue with messing that part up.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

cheetah7071 posted:

The new banners (which at least have new headliners, and possibly some new chaff underneath them as well) are coming tomorrow night I believe. It's reasonable but not guaranteed that the new content that is promised to come every 2 weeks will arrive at the same time.

OK thanks for the info. I guess I'll wait until tomorrow or Wednesday.

I wonder if they'll have other roll boosting events besides banners. I'm not used to rolling without a godfest or similar event active.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Just completed all story and bulletin board quests for the month, aside from the last bit of arena grinding which I'll save for when the new week starts. It seems like they were in a tough place with the amount of content they launched with, given that we have people both completing everything there is to do in the first week or two and also complaining about the stamina limitations. Maybe should have included a way to increase stamina and given out fewer free potions, I'm not sure.