Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Psycho Society posted:

You could argue picky eating is the anime watching of food habits though.

Something something circumcision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I can't believe Pick posted my picture without my permission.. I'm pretty ticked off now

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

I'm just accounting for people getting old enough that they should be out of the house, mostly done with school, and probably making their own food choices

If your parents are picky eaters too and just let your poo poo go forever... :shrug:

lol is right

everybody's kinda ugly dude, makeup can fix a lot with the face but there's nothing that can cover up what's ugly about you

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Feb 13, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

go gently caress yourself

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

This guy really needs some crystals.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

I like how he says he coined the nickname and explains what it means as if it's not a common insult.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

ArbitraryC posted:

It's the same bmi as me and I'm deffo fat and in the process of losing weight, I wanna drop at least 20 more pounds. We gotta slow our rolls, just cause we're like average americans doesn't mean we're not fat.

You're really dumb. Woman have completely different body types and also boobs. What looks good on a guy might be not so great on a girl and vice versa.

You're just really dumb.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

go gently caress yourself

aww Pick I'm sure you're real cute don't get like that

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

54 40 or gently caress posted:

And more therapy for his raping disorder

There's a joke here about the word "therapist" that I wish I didn't see.

Question about picky eaters though, esp. since American cuisine came up: For those of you well traveled, is this primarily an American phenomenon? Obviously I doubt you'd see picky eaters in regions with scarcity but in place where that's not as great a concern do you see fairly consistent rates of people who abhor anything that doesn't come out of a Kraft box or is it really just a case of American Exceptionalism?

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

The cousin I mentioned is not American. He eat things like pasta and wieners, anything with more flavour than seems to make him ill.
But it's gotten a little better lately. He's 14.

You're probably right though that in places where food isn't abundant enough to waste it's unlikely that anyone goes urgh veggies.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

fruit on the bottom posted:

Question about picky eaters though, esp. since American cuisine came up: For those of you well traveled, is this primarily an American phenomenon? Obviously I doubt you'd see picky eaters in regions with scarcity but in place where that's not as great a concern do you see fairly consistent rates of people who abhor anything that doesn't come out of a Kraft box or is it really just a case of American Exceptionalism?
I'm not especially well traveled but I know it's also a thing in the UK and Australia, just for (slightly) different foods. So maybe it's more of a "white people suck at food" thing?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Yawgmoth posted:

I'm not especially well traveled but I know it's also a thing in the UK and Australia, just for (slightly) different foods. So maybe it's more of a "white people suck at food" thing?

I'm sure there are plenty of neets in japan that live off instant noodles

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

I like how he says he coined the nickname and explains what it means as if it's not a common insult.

I recall someone mentioning that the Mexican equivalent was (Spanish word for shrimp), because you suck everything but the head, so there's probably cultural variants of the same super insulting thing

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Yawgmoth posted:

That stuff could be cultural, you often see kids disliking veggies and fish on the TV and parents also act like they're expecting the child to reject that food so they do. My sister is quite picky while I eat everything, and I think that's because it wasn't *cool* to eat certain things in her circle of friends because girls are supposed to be a little particular.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

I know it's a thing in Canadian culture, judging by all the dudes who live on Kraft Dinner

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
That picky eater thing is so bizarre that it makes me question it's authenticity.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Fullhouse posted:

I recall someone mentioning that the Mexican equivalent was (Spanish word for shrimp), because you suck everything but the head, so there's probably cultural variants of the same super insulting thing

Yeah that's sorta my point, I just think it's funny he legit thinks it's some obscure joke he came up with.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Check the China thread, it's full of stories about Chinese tourists traveling through Europe with a steamer trunk of instant noodles, rather than chance the questionable cuisine of France and Italy.

That's not truly analogous though because at least they probably still eat more than one type of Chinese food.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

:gonk:
Me [22 F] with my SO [22M] having problems after 4 years b/c of anal

quote:

The last year with my boyfriend has been kind of hard. This year he told me that what really turns him on is anal. We had done it once when I was black out drunk, and I hurt for a week after but apparently it was his new thing. I really wanted to be supportive so I bought butt plugs and told him I'd try it out. At first it wasn't so bad, if I said I didn't want to try them I wouldn't. As time went on he started making me feel bad about not trying them, so I started to do it more hoping that I'd find some pleasure in it. I don't. It's been almost a full year now and it hurts just as much as it did in the beginning. The worst part is that he's not even turned on if I don't let him put things in my rear end anymore, and I'm so turned off when he does. When it happens I'm in pain, we'll use lube we'll be careful, but it still hurts. Eventually I've realized that if I put it in myself it isn't as bad, but he wants to put it in, and it sucks. Sex has been ending with him upset at me for saying no and me asserting myself saying he doesn't get to be mad about such a thing. It's really ruining our relationship.

The other night I went out with our friends with it in, I could barely walk and wanted to cry the whole time. When I told him this he said it'd get better. It doesn't though. When I tell him that he says that I'm just not trying. I often bring up that if he was in pain from something I wanted him to do I'd tell him to stop, but he says that it's something that means so much to him. I'm a pushover and I give in. The worst part is how turned off I am by it I'm a nanny and change diapers for basically a living, I can't even think anything but what comes out. The other day he tried to give me a rim job and all I could think of is wiping with a wipe after changing a diaper. I really can't do it, but he sees that as me not caring.

Other than this, he's perfect. My soulmate. We're living together again next year and I don't know how to say that I can't do this anymore. It's going to ruin our relationship soon I think. I also am just so turned off that every sex has to do with my rear end that I don't even want it anymore. I sometimes dread it because I know he'll insist on putting something in there.

tl;dr: My boyfriend wont stop pushing me to put things in my rear end because it turns him on. I couldn't be more turned off by it.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I mean she should do what she wants obv but they need waaaay more lube.

quote:

The other night I went out with our friends with it in, I could barely walk and wanted to cry the whole time.

I 100% missed the 'he wants me to walk around with butt plugs in during every day life' angle on that the first time reading it holy lol.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Butterface dude is a huge dick, but at least he's a teenager, so it's not too terrible like many of these stories where the rear end in a top hat guy is 28 years old. Hopefully he matures and stops ragging on people's appearance behind their back!

Mr. Goodbytes
Jan 30, 2006

Networks AND Ghosts?

I have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, and I always thank my lucky stars that it didn't present as badly as advanced Marfan's. Connective Tissue pathology can be such a damned drag. I'm a Physician in an area with a lot of EDS/Marfan cases, and when I see the advanced ones, it's always heartbreaking. Last one was a 15 year old who's almost totally blind from his lenses repeatedly just sliding around the inside of his eyes.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

quote:

Other than this, he's perfect. My soulmate.

Other than being asked to walk around with butt plugs in your rear end in public, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

quote:

Other than this, he's perfect. My soulmate.
Jesus gently caress. He's just using you to satisfy his rear end fetish, sever and run.

I hope the first comment is "dump his rear end".

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
She should shove the toys up his rear end

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
with no lube

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Stay healthy.

Really just wanted to ask if your username is a Jurassic Park reference.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

quote:

My [23 F] best friend and roommate [23 F] got angry and hit me because I wouldn't chop her an onion.

u/throwawayonionswtf1y

This is probably the silliest thing I've ever posted on reddit about. It's embarrassing, hence the throwaway. I would also like to state that Jessica has never really acted like this before and that I am not the type to let someone walk all over me. I try to be polite and understanding, but I do not let people abuse my kindness.

My best friend Jessica and I have known each other since middle school. We both went to the same university and got an apartment together after graduating. This is our first time living together because we used to have single dorm rooms and never had to worry about it before.

I am a picky eater, but I do not think I am too bad about it. I don't like large pieces of onions or other pungent foods such as shallots. They hurt my eyes and the taste is just way too overwhelming if I bite into them. If I am cooking for someone else and the recipe calls for onions, I will either use tiny pieces or onion powder. If someone else cooks for me, I just eat around the onions. I'm picky, but it's not like I will straight up refuse to eat a dish just because it has onions in it.

Jessica is a picky eater in her own way, but she is a fan of onions and she likes them enough that she can eat them raw on a salad. She also likes them on her tacos and on burgers. What she doesn't like is tomatoes and she will refuse to eat pizza if it has sauce on it.

Last night, I decided that I was going to make some tacos. I made the taco meat, heated the tortillas, and I had chopped some lettuce and tomatoes and put them in bowls for toppings. I also had cheese and sour cream in little bowls so the whole idea was a 'make your own' taco dish. Knowing that Jessica likes onions, I went ahead and bought her one and left it on the counter. I wasn't going to chop the onion because they usually make my eyes hurt so bad that I feel it for hours afterward (and yes, I know the bowl of water trick and the chewing gum trick, I'm just super sensitive to onions) and I also wasn't sure if Jessica even wanted the onion on her tacos.

After the food was cooked, I texted Jessica to come down and check it out. She came downstairs and got very upset with me when she saw there wasn't an onion. I handed her the onion in the bag and said, "I know you like them, so I bought one for you. If you go ahead and chop it, I'll get a bowl down for you." Jessica just stared at me and snatched the bag from my hand and started bitching (and I mean bitching, because she was very passive aggressive and was muttering under her breath at me) about having to do all the work. I was a bit flabbergasted and didn't know how to respond, so I just said, "Well, okay then...." and went back to cleaning up the kitchen.

Jessica kept bitching at me and was asking me why I couldn't just chop the onion myself since I had already done everything else. I started getting annoyed and responded that they make my eyes hurt, but "If you really want the drat onion chopped to just hand it to me and I'll do it for you." Jessica then proceeded to take the onion in the bag and basically used the bag to swing the onion in a circle and hit me with the onion. She did it with enough force that it felt like a softball hitting me in the back and I can feel a mild bruise (but it isn't visible).

Besides feeling like, "What the gently caress just happened?", I got angry at Jessica and left the house and got Taco Bell instead. I spent the night at my guy friend's house and then came back this morning and Jessica pretended like nothing happened, then she left for gym class all happy. When I went into my bedroom to lie down, I found the onion cut in half and under my pillow.

Reddit, I feel like I am in some sort of comedy right now, except it isn't very funny and now my bedsheets smell like onions. How the hell do I handle this without coming off like a petty teenager?

tl;dr: Best friend and I moved in together. I don't like to eat onions because they hurt my eyes, best friend loves onions. I made tacos and bought her an onion for the topping, but didn't chop it. Best friend gets pissed off at me for not chopping the onion and throws the onion at me. I leave and spend the night at a guy's house, come back home and the onion is cut in half and underneath my pillow. My bed smells like onions now and I don't know how to handle this.

I know girl roommates can get remarkably petty with each other but this is something else

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

new phone who dis posted:

That picky eater thing is so bizarre that it makes me question it's authenticity.

I mean, if we don't assume that all of these are true, what's the point? It doesn't ultimately matter one way or the other.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Ride The Gravitron posted:

She should shove the toys up his rear end

This situation really calls for something named "The Annihilator" or similar.

Mr. Goodbytes
Jan 30, 2006

Networks AND Ghosts?

Beachcomber posted:

Stay healthy.

Really just wanted to ask if your username is a Jurassic Park reference.

Sure is! Before I went into medicine, I was in IT, and Michael Crichton happened to be one of my favorite authors :)

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Grevling posted:

The cousin I mentioned is not American. He eat things like pasta and wieners, anything with more flavour than seems to make him ill.
But it's gotten a little better lately. He's 14.

You're probably right though that in places where food isn't abundant enough to waste it's unlikely that anyone goes urgh veggies.

Oh a lot of that is probably just that he's a lil kid still. It's not that weird then.

Yeah in Bulgaria there isn't a whole lot of picky eating going on haha. Although I will say that the mayor of a city there (a larger one) was/is a family friend and man his wife refuses to drink Coca-Cola and only wants Pepsi. Like if they say 'we have no Pepsi, is Coke okay?' she is someone that actually says 'no, I'll just have water then.'

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

quote:

Jessica then proceeded to take the onion in the bag and basically used the bag to swing the onion in a circle and hit me with the onion. She did it with enough force that it felt like a softball hitting me in the back and I can feel a mild bruise (but it isn't visible).

The gently caress?

The onion under the pillow was probably some voodoo magic by Jassica to gain power over OP.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

LethalGeek posted:

:gonk:
Me [22 F] with my SO [22M] having problems after 4 years b/c of anal

I think the worst part of this story is the girl probably has no idea what a normal, enjoyable sexual relationship is like. She needs to run and :sever: from her soulmate ASAP. Then :murder: him so he doesn't gently caress up more women for life.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Moridin920 posted:

Oh a lot of that is probably just that he's a lil kid still. It's not that weird then.

Yeah in Bulgaria there isn't a whole lot of picky eating going on haha. Although I will say that the mayor of a city there (a larger one) was/is a family friend and man his wife refuses to drink Coca-Cola and only wants Pepsi. Like if they say 'we have no Pepsi, is Coke okay?' she is someone that actually says 'no, I'll just have water then.'

Bulgarian wife has it right.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

P-Mack posted:

Check the China thread, it's full of stories about Chinese tourists traveling through Europe with a steamer trunk of instant noodles, rather than chance the questionable cuisine of France and Italy.

That's not truly analogous though because at least they probably still eat more than one type of Chinese food.

Probably not, actually. Ive not been to China that many times but between visiting and meeting some in the states Ive met a chunk of chinese people who only eat their style. Horror stories abound on Weibo, however, about being trapped with spicy region people and their cooking when youre from a non-spicy region which is second only to horror stories about cheese.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I also know an American who, when visiting the Philippines to meet his wife's family, packed an entire suitcase full of peanut butter. Just in case.

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Then :murder: him so he doesn't gently caress up more women for life.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Fullhouse posted:

I know girl roommates can get remarkably petty with each other but this is something else

Bitchy roommate has obviously seen the Godfather series and OP is probs gonna get her head chopped off

Pvt.Scott posted:

So, how did it taste?

Haven't had the pleasure yet because unlike the majority of the people we mock here I know when to back down, I dispose of my urine in the normal way now

Play fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Feb 13, 2017

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Fullhouse posted:

The natural retaliation would be to dump a jar of tomato sauce under the roommate's pillow. Opening herself up to a much messier counterattack is a rookie move by Lady Onion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Squidbillies does a pretty good gag around this.