Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Internet Kraken posted:

Not mere scabbard can hope to contain the power of the Orochi's hundred times-folded katanna :anime:

Speaking of hundred-folded katana :japan:

I was diving through random wikipedia pages and this graphic seemed pretty kewl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Trykt posted:

Is there a goon discord for this anywhere?

Hmm no maybe we should make one

panda clue
May 23, 2014
ok here is the :siren: OFFICIAL FOR HONOR DISCORD FOR GOONS :siren:

https://discord.gg/0blIq7586QA4EQhM

Click that to get invited to the Official Something Awful Goon Discord, do the thing in the rules channel to get authenticated, scroll down to the #for-honor channel

grats, you did it. put this poo poo in the OP or something. you can even use this same discord server for like every other game goons play! whoa!

panda clue fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Feb 14, 2017

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
When it comes to discord..... there is simply no accord!!!

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I'm getting paid while I play this tonight.
I have an overnight at work and all I need to do is make sure that the people im watching don't die in there sleep or steal food from the kitchen. My paperwork takes like 1 hour tops to finish.

I will be rolling with the vikings and spending way too much time making emblems.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Dang valkyrie moveset looks cool shugoki insta kill is cool I just wanna freaking play again :f5:

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow

Chomp8645 posted:

Yeah if you want some Steel then really just get Gold edition because you'll get a nice pot of Steel anyway with it. Buying Steel straight up is a bad value for basically anyone, and that's without touching the issue of it being sketch to have it sold separately anyway.

I don't think the Gold Edition comes with Steel? Unless it's in the boost pack.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Arthil posted:

I was pretty sure I saw that it did but idk because Ubisoft seems to have an allergic reaction to clearly defining purchasing options so I can't find it right now.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
Buy the More Expensive Edition because it's More Better - literally ubisoft

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
You don't even need to worry about unlocking characters since you can still play as characters you haven't "recruited". The entire cash for steel mechanic is fine with me since you can ignore it entirely. Of course you'd better be given the game already costs 60 bucks.

I mean compare this to Evolve which launched with pretty much the worst payment system imaginable.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Arthil posted:

It comes with that special pro status for awhile at least doesn't it? That probably earns you back even more steel.

Internet Kraken posted:

You don't even need to worry about unlocking characters since you can still play as characters you haven't "recruited". The entire cash for steel mechanic is fine with me since you can ignore it entirely. Of course you'd better be given the game already costs 60 bucks.

I mean compare this to Evolve which launched with pretty much the worst payment system imaginable.

Yeah, it really does seem like a pretty sensible micro plan. You can really, REALLY ignore it and do just loving fine.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Internet Kraken posted:

compare this to Evolve

Egads!

*clutches pearls*

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5ttujz/there_is_already_a_couple_of_working_cheats/ no surprise there

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

Internet Kraken posted:

Hell, the tutorial gave you enough steel to unlock everyone in the beta. I think it is going to be like Siege, where unlocking characters is not hard at all.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Looks like it's just on a paysite which is good.

I have to say though I'm not super worried about cheats in this game. I mean stuff like esps and tracelines are basically useless since unlike FPSes there's not some super small TTK, you can see the locations of nearby enemeis anyways and you still have to like, actually fight.

And stuff like infinite health and stamina are also right out since you can see the health and stamina of enemies.

The guardbreak and autoblock worry me more though. Because that's probably hard to distinguish from just being a good player. Though it doesn't actually work if you're in the middle of an attack or animation, and after a whiffed attack or parry you are guaranteed a guardbreak.

So it's not completely insurmountable like an aimbot. Super super lovely nonetheless, but I don't feel like it's that gamebreaking compared to poo poo in Rainbow Six or Battlefront.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

panda clue posted:

Click that to get invited to the Official Something Awful Goon Discord, do the thing in the rules channel to get authenticated, scroll down to the #for-honor channel

grats, you did it. put this poo poo in the OP or something. you can even use this same discord server for like every other game goons play! whoa!
nvm

1500 fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Feb 14, 2017

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Anddd thats why I play console.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

Are console people welcome on discord or is that for PC people only? Do console people need to build a spreadsheet of everyone who wants to play together?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Hypha posted:

Are console people welcome on discord or is that for PC people only? Do console people need to build a spreadsheet of everyone who wants to play together?

No if console people log on to the discord we kill them :( its sad

panda clue
May 23, 2014
Sad!

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
It's the only way to maintain purity. After all, if you've ever owned or played a console, even at a friends house, you are irrevocably stained and polluted.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

7c Nickel posted:

It's the only way to maintain purity. After all, if you've ever owned or played a console, even at a friends house, you are irrevocably stained and polluted.

But Bloodborne was so pretty. It has a spear with a gun! It was like my two favourite weapons all in one package.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Hypha posted:

But Bloodborne was so pretty. It has a spear with a gun! It was like my two favourite weapons all in one package.

Think about the rabbits, Hypha...I'm so sorry. :commissar:

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

What if I am wholly irresponsible with money and get it for both?

breaks
May 12, 2001

Congratulations, you're our new Secretary of the Treasury.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

breaks posted:

Congratulations, you're our new Secretary of the Treasury.

lol

dude, too real

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Hypha posted:

What if I am wholly irresponsible with money and get it for both?

Can I interest you in an $80 steel packet

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

So have any of the streams indicated whether the tutorials give the same amount of steel they did in the beta? Are the hero unlock prices unchanged?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Captain Oblivious posted:

So have any of the streams indicated whether the tutorials give the same amount of steel they did in the beta? Are the hero unlock prices unchanged?

I still got 2000 for basic and 1500 for advanced tutorial. All the heroes were still 500 steel and Shugoki is 100 percent broken.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Captain Oblivious posted:

steel is the same

unlock prices arre the same

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
What regions are unlocked currently?

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

panda clue posted:

Thanks! I checked the whole first page and didn't see anything, sorry!

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Dreylad posted:

In Peru, Pizarro lay siege to Cuzco with 200 Spaniards and 30 000 natives from groups that resisted Incan rule, as well as conquered Mesoamerican peoples.
But how many were they fighting against? If the native fighters were the deciding factor, I'd expect victory to go to whomever had more.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
http://www.pointandclickbait.com/2017/02/peer-to-peer-matchmaking-just-like-the-ancient-samurai-would-have-wanted/

Point & Clickbait posted:

For Honor, Ubisoft’s gritty and violent game of medieval duels, has been a wild success this weekend in the open beta as three million eager players logged in and then were immediately booted due to latency and replaced by robots.

“This is everything we hoped for,” insisted an Ubisoft spokesperson. “This is actually what the game was intended to be all along.”

“If you review our marketing material you will see clearly that we make reference to ‘the iconic duels between samurai, vikings and knights, some of whom are played by robots’. Nothing that has happened this weekend deviates from that.”

“The latency issues have been caused by the fact that the game is so realistic that our code is actually constantly travelling back in time to the correct era, to check that everything is still historically accurate. We refuse to compromise on this commitment to authenticity.”

Ubisoft’s official in-house historian Perry Rhodes confirmed the historical accuracy of legions of robotic vikings and samurai, suggesting there was “no evidence that real-life vikings weren’t robots”.

“It would be incredibly short-sighted to rule out the possibility that ancient warriors teleported laggily around the battlefield, missed wildly with all of their weapon swings, then were disconnected and forced to fight robots,” confirmed Rhodes.

“We’re absolutely committed to realising that historical vision and we hope gamers will join us.”

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
pointandclickbait.com

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Man somebody mixed up the shields and the emblems

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Aw man, Lawbringer is still kinda garbage. :(

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Perestroika posted:

Details drat it :argh:

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Perestroika posted:

I think calling any class garbage at this point is premature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panda clue
May 23, 2014

quote:

The first 2 combos from the Lawbringer combo list are wrong, I've tested them against a lv.0 Bot and the input order shown in the list is false. The first combo is actually (R1, R2, R1) instead of (R2, R1, R1) and the second combo that ends with an unblockable attack is (R1, R2, R2) instead of (R2, R2, R1). The third combo is listed correctly and I can't currently tell if the fourth is working or not due to more difficult inputs.

if only there was some sort of beta where lawbringer bugs could have been foun.... ohhhhh