Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

FizFashizzle posted:

He can come to Carolina but only if he can hang with kelvin and Tolbert at cook out.

I think Tolbert could eat Cruz's weight in Cookout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

waah posted:

I think Tolbert could eat Cruz in Cookout

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

The 30 for 30 on him Gordon and Blackmon is going to be amazing.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Doing one on them and Manziel seems redundant, no?

(There better be a Manziel one)

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Cavauro posted:

welcome. to smith Town

he's definitely in :smith: town these days!!

Flikken posted:

in this situation, i assume JFF will get his own 30 for 30

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Aldon Smith going to great lengths to not be reinstated so nobody realizes all his sack numbers were due to Justin Smith
Aldon Smith was really, really good.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I get that they're all probably/almost surely addicts, but Blackmon's story seems the saddest to me. It's like he was just 'welp' and walked away from his career to keep drinking, he never even tried to get reinstated.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

whypick1 posted:

Doing one on them and Manziel seems redundant, no?

(There better be a Manziel one)

I just looked it up, I was going to say they were all in the same draft but Smith was a year earlier than the other two.

I would argue that the 3 I named had more in common than with Manziel.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Not arguing that. Those 3 actually showed talent in the NFL then hosed up, unlike Manziel.

Hell, do a 2 hour episode on the 4 of them.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Grittybeard posted:

I get that they're all probably/almost surely addicts, but Blackmon's story seems the saddest to me. It's like he was just 'welp' and walked away from his career to keep drinking, he never even tried to get reinstated.

How much cash did he actually get paid and got to keep?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I don't think they're going to do a 30 for 30 for every idiot who fucks up in the league

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

evilweasel posted:

How much cash did he actually get paid and got to keep?

Probably a bit under $5m.

His base salary his rookie year was league minimum and he played some of his sophmore year, so that's about half a million, and he had an $12m signing bonus, but at least $7m of that was deferred roster bonuses, that he never got.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

a neat cape posted:

I don't think they're going to do a 30 for 30 for every idiot who fucks up in the league

I dunno, has there been a 30 for 30 about the Browns yet?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Probably Magic posted:

I dunno, has there been a 30 for 30 about the Browns yet?

Yup, believeland. And the cavs won a championship right after it came out.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Aldon Smith was really, really good.

He was horrendous in pass coverage and bad at run stopping. And almost all of his sacks involved Smith hooking the guard and the tackle but he was good enough to take advantage of it.

And it's not sas-flowchart.txt. I, and many others were saying it at the time. Justin got hurt and missed a handful of games and Aldon disappeared. That pretty much solidified it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Flikken posted:

Yup, believeland. And the cavs won a championship right after it came out.

Two blown 3-1 leads in a row

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

a neat cape posted:

Yeah they dont really deserve one, it's not like they are world changing gently caress ups.

Johnny Football situation maybe, but I feel like it would just be a general Browns are real loving bad

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Intruder posted:

Two blown 3-1 leads in a row
And then 28-3.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

For Randy Moss' 40th birthday the NFL put out all of his 40+ yard TD catches.

Its 9 minutes long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q7lGl_EfbE

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Man Jeff George could throw it a mile.

I can't decide on my favorite play. The flea flickers? Culpepper no selling a Packers sack then throwing it 50 yards?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Cash Monet posted:

Its 9 minutes long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q7lGl_EfbE&t=67s is maybe the greatest individual play I've ever seen. Still gives me goosebumps just how fast he was.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Kirios posted:

is maybe the greatest individual play I've ever seen. Still gives me goosebumps just how fast he was.

There's another "jesus christ his speed" moment at 3:50 where he takes a little WR screen.

At 5:45 he chumps Rodney Harrison.

6:20 are when the Pats highlights starts and that loving catch against the Dolphins where he injures two defenders by catching a bomb between them. unnnfffff

Kalli fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Feb 14, 2017

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Jeff George could really throw the football

Sling the ol' pigskin

Toss the ol' ball

Bomb the ol' egg

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
what was jeff george's problem again? stupid or just too much of an rear end in a top hat to get it

that arm though

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That video features three different flea flickers so I declare it to be the greatest video ever made.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chromatic posted:

what was jeff george's problem again? stupid or just too much of an rear end in a top hat to get it

that arm though

He was an rear end in a top hat with a ton of personal problems that everyone hated.

http://www.si.com/vault/1996/10/07/...ious-conversion

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Kalli posted:

There's another "jesus christ his speed" moment at 3:50 where he takes a little WR screen.

At 5:45 he chumps Rodney Harrison.

6:20 are when the Pats highlights starts and that loving catch against the Dolphins where he injures two defenders by catching a bomb between them. unnnfffff

all of the best jesus christ speed ones are when the ball gets thrown and the camera moves and you can tell Moss was 6 feet ahead of his guy before the QB even made the throw. all those times when the play action gives his QB 6-8 seconds to throw, too. what a great highlight video

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

Cash Monet posted:

Its 9 minutes long.

The best part is how often the QBs underthrow it and he has to slow down to catch it.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
I didn't start caring about football until after Jeff George retired, so literally my introduction to him is TMM comics

holy gently caress

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Why do the Raiders hate Latavious Murray?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Randy Moss is the best WR I've ever seen play. That highlight video is fully sick.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cash Monet posted:

Its 9 minutes long.

Now someone do one with all the 40+ yard TD catches he alligator armed

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
It kills me that TT didn't pull the trigger on getting Moss for Favre to throw to and let the Raiders outbid him. For a goddamn third round pick. All the praise for TT is tainted for that reason alone.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Did anyone mention that Jerry Sandusky's adopted son has been arrested for sexually assaulting a child?

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
Oh god gently caress no don't do it Rathman

https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/831321576717090816

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Chromatic posted:

that arm though

He was a douchier Jay Cutler, more or less. One of the strongest arms ever but was so much of an rear end in a top hat that basically nobody wanted to put up with him after a certain point.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GeorJe00.htm

^ Notice how his stays at every team he was on got shorter and shorter as his career went on, except for at the end with the Redskins. It's a shame he was a head case, because good lord that arm.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
The biggest indictment of Jeff George is that Jason Whitlock is still petitioning for him to get back in the league.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Flikken posted:

And throw in Bruce Miller. He had 5 whole seasons before he drank himself out of the league in spectacular fashion.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Why do the Raiders hate Latavious Murray?

He's easily replaceable with a late draft pick and they may get a comp pick for letting him go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kapzy
Aug 15, 2015

I have recently been watching old NFL videos(around 90's and early 2000's era) and I noticed that the fields don't use the same turf that they use today. I also noticed that they aren't wearing cleats. Does anyone know what those old fields were made of?

• Locked thread