Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
my heart has been chaos dunked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Piper
Feb 18, 2007

Step right up and greet the Mets
holy poo poo. Northwestern beats #7 Wisconsin at the Kohl Center.

It's happening. The 'Cats are going dancing.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i recorded the game and just finished it THE MIGHTY GODDAMN WILD CAT HOLY poo poo

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

R.D. Mangles posted:

i recorded the game and just finished it THE MIGHTY GODDAMN WILD CAT HOLY poo poo

Happy for ya, Mangles. I'll be rooting for your wonderful wild cats in the tourney.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Kibner posted:

Happy for ya, Mangles. I'll be rooting for your wonderful wild cats in the tourney.

all aboard the Wildbandwagon, my man!

finding some way to choke out of the tourney is still extremely northwestern, but it's looking a whole lot better and Welsh-Ryan is going to be loving lit on Wednesday.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Go Michigan go northwestern

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

all aboard the Wildbandwagon, my man!

finding some way to choke out of the tourney is still extremely northwestern, but it's looking a whole lot better and Welsh-Ryan is going to be loving lit on Wednesday.

I went to a game once and also drank with Evan Eschmeyer so I think I qualify for bandwagon status when my teams is the first 1 seed to lose to a 16. Let's go Wildcats gently caress state schools!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
If Michigan State misses the tourney I will gladly adopt Chicago's Big Ten Team

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Death to the Mountaineers. Have a great evening.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

For flying gently caress's sakes.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

Probably Magic posted:

For flying gently caress's sakes.
You were saying

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes
kansas :stare:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i hate Vitale but him taking a warm steamy poo poo all over the faces of fairweather KU fans is extremely cool and good

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Chinatown posted:

i hate Vitale but him taking a warm steamy poo poo all over the faces of fairweather KU fans is extremely cool and good

:agreed:

time for god dang ot fools

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
can't wait for kansas to get bounced in the second round after they get a 1 seed they no business having after the conference spends the whole season protecting them

https://twitter.com/BenDuBose/status/831354377944326144

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
gently caress the big 12 conference

gently caress kansas

gently caress everything

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

can't wait for kansas to get bounced in the second round after they get a 1 seed they no business having after the conference spends the whole season protecting them

thank you for this

it brings me joy

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Probably Magic posted:

thank you for this

it brings me joy

more or less joy than y'all losing to an 8/9 seed will bring me?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

more or less joy than y'all losing to an 8/9 seed will bring me?

Probably less, but yours will be less than this, so.

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes

heel turn posted:

the big 12 owns

kansas owns

everything is awesome

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I feel like I just had sex eight times.

edit:

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

You're better than quoting a Mizzou fan who still gets mad about a team they don't play.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Feb 14, 2017

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

kiimo posted:

I feel like I just had sex eight times.

edit:

You're better than quoting a Mizzou fan who still gets mad about a team they don't play.

i am salty af rn

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I think Bob is going to take the team parakeet that they adopted and carry on the bus and named Petey and crush it with his bare hands while the team is forced to watch. Then he's going to down a bottle of Beam in one gulp and smash it against the emergency rear door.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

If we ignore that Bill Self is the biggest coward in the world for not playing Mizzou (especially now), um...how do you respond to what actually happens in that video?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

kiimo posted:

I think Bob is going to take the team parakeet that they adopted and carry on the bus and named Petey and crush it with his bare hands while the team is forced to watch. Then he's going to down a bottle of Beam in one gulp and smash it against the emergency rear door.

someone might die between now and saturday

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Kansas lost in the Elite Eight to the eventual champion just last year, and this guy is prattling about the Jayhawks losing early "every year."

Hot as hell.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

someone might die between now and saturday

A couch would've burned either way.

My entire life can be epitomized with that guy letting a rebound fall through his fingers and bounce off his knees out of bounds in crunchtime, though.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

Kansas lost in the Elite Eight to the eventual champion just last year, and this guy is prattling about the Jayhawks losing early "every year."

Hot as hell.

A couch would've burned either way.

My entire life can be epitomized with that guy letting a rebound fall through his fingers and bounce off his knees out of bounds in crunchtime, though.

there's not a single team from this poo poo rear end conference getting past the sweet 16 this year tho

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

...yeah, agreed.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

If we ignore that Bill Self is the biggest coward in the world for not playing Mizzou (especially now), um...how do you respond to what actually happens in that video?

Just ignoring the first sentence I'll go ahead and say that what is going on in that video was a missed call. It was one of the many missed calls. I know West Virginia fans feel sick because I know the feeling from when the Chiefs were up on the Colts few years back. But no amount of home cooking gets 14 points in two minutes.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

...yeah, agreed.

Kansas has issues, we can't finish, Baylor is lol.

Ok Lite doesn't have the depth.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I refuse to believe in Scott Drew. He's the Big 12's Mark Gottfried to me.

Mason seems good enough for a bullshit win, Kansas could make the Sweet Sixteen.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

kiimo posted:

Just ignoring the first sentence I'll go ahead and say that what is going on in that video was a missed call. It was one of the many missed calls. I know West Virginia fans feel sick because I know the feeling from when the Chiefs were up on the Colts few years back. But no amount of home cooking gets 14 points in two minutes.

there were several big calls late that changed that game, and they also called a really one-sided second half that kept kansas in the game so its kind of hard to not see it

Probably Magic posted:

I refuse to believe in Scott Drew. He's the Big 12's Mark Gottfried to me.

Mason seems good enough for a bullshit win, Kansas could make the Sweet Sixteen.

i think it depends on who they get in the 8/9 game.

BI NOW GAY LATER fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Feb 14, 2017

Dr.Donkeypunch
Sep 8, 2003

Ask me about ironing shirts.
Grimey Drawer
I think Kansas makes the Sweet 16 by winning the 1/16 game by about 4 points after being down in the second half.
Then, they'll win the 8/9 game by 1 point after being down double digits in the second half.
Then, they'll lose to whoever they play in the Sweet 16 by 7 points after being down 18 points at some point in the second half.

Because that's how every game has gone the entire season. Every game seems to follow the exact same script with nearly identical endings, either a win by a few or a loss by a few. Their interior defense is a joke at all times. Their perimeter defense is entirely hit-or-miss, and when it's miss, they lose (Iowa State).
Typically, their defense is good enough to keep them in almost every game. This year, it's their offense that keeps them in while their defense is what keeps games close, and not in a good way.

Oh well. They're still pretty good I guess.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

All bets are off because I've never seen a Self team play small ball. I hear that is good for tournament success, we will see.

Kansas has a very good chance to be significantly better next year.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

This Florida guy does his free throws granny style?

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
go purdue

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

This Florida guy does his free throws granny style?

Yeah just like his dad, he's Rick Barry's son.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm fine with a boring ten point win over hapless Rutgers as long as it is injury free

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
I hesitate to say anything because they've tended to let teams back into games in the late minutes recently, but this is the best Kentucky has looked in a while. Best combined offensive and defense performance in a about a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Northwestern's crowd is easily the best I've heard in the Big10 this year. Shame about the team though

• Locked thread