Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

In Training posted:

WHat's the best Wonderswan or Wonderswan Color game.

SaGa 1 obviously :v:

Mak0rz posted:

OK I'm playing through Kingdom Hearts for the first time and this game is actually pretty bad, holy poo poo.

Everything is pretty much expected until you hit a boss battle and suddenly it's a damage race between two-hit kill attacks and your idiot teammates cramming potions up your rear end in time.

I'm at the second Ursula battle right now and it's just so, so bad. So bad.

I used to have lots of trouble with that fight when I was younger until I discovered that Aero is actually a really good spell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Help Im Alive posted:

Dragon Quest Builders is great. There's a demo you could try (which sold me on the game even though I'd never played DQ or Minecraft)

Quoting from the past to say that I was also sold on DQ Builders via the demo despite never playing either franchise.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

He probably is just being an edgelord but there's so little difference in terms of impact that it doesn't really matter, it's really loving stupid of him to do

especially being repped by companies

Honestly, the difference between the edgelord "You should be able to just shout slurs and talk about Hitler!" is A) an actual political view, even if its whole supposed core involves the idea that comedy is apolitical and B) a viewpoint that seems to frequently lead to its proponents actually espousing the bigoted views in question, so the difference is p. academic

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

So how long until like Yahtzee or whoever just straight up gets a swastika tat.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Lurdiak posted:

Maybe it's already happened :tinfoil:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Lurdiak posted:

Sounds more like Jim Sterling's MO tbh.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

He already "jokingly" uses fascist iconography

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mordja posted:

Sounds more like Jim Sterling's MO tbh.

isn't he one of the woke ones?? I can't keep up

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

He already "jokingly" uses fascist iconography

He's also pretty gay so that all adds up. :v:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

devtesla posted:

isn't he one of the woke ones?? I can't keep up

People tell me Angry Joe is one of the woke ones, and the insane people who keep saying cuck seem to hate him, but I still refuse to click on any of his videos.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Rexroom posted:

He's also pretty gay so that all adds up. :v:

QSYeah that's actually a cheap shot considering his actual views but all the angry/sarcastic YouTubers have these weird followings that I can't explain because you couldn't pay me to actually watch them

uh oh pancho!
Sep 3, 2004

THE MARATHON WAS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY

CLEAR TIME SGDQ18

i finally got the witness from that humble bundle and i'm going into it blind, so far i'm about 2 hours in and just discovered the purpose of those black obelisks around the map and goddammit that's pretty neat but it feels super daunting to find all that poo poo

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

uh oh pancho! posted:

i finally got the witness from that humble bundle and i'm going into it blind, so far i'm about 2 hours in and just discovered the purpose of those black obelisks around the map and goddammit that's pretty neat but it feels super daunting to find all that poo poo

it's one of the best eureka moments in a game full of them

they are super optional though

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The cool thing about the witness is that there really isn't any required content, if anything doesn't seem fun you can just skip it.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Rexroom posted:

I have feeling Pewdiepie is only channeling the stupid and crass memetic internet humor in his antics. I don't think he really is an anti-semitic nazi, it's more like OMG SO EDGIE 4 TEH LOLZ!!1 xD

But then again, I try to ignore him as much as possible. He might even be a member of the populist Sweden Democrats for all I know.

I thought that he was all about that type of joking, then grew up and toned it way down. I've never watched him and only the knowledge I have of him is just in passing topics, like this one.

Lurdiak posted:

People tell me Angry Joe is one of the woke ones, and the insane people who keep saying cuck seem to hate him, but I still refuse to click on any of his videos.

:same: but mostly because he sounds like he was riding the wave of "angry gamer man yells at lovely games" that was seemingly started by the Angry Video Game Nerd. I admit, I'm talking completely out of my rear end though :butt:

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

uh oh pancho! posted:

Yea that poo poo owns. It blew my mind finding the first one. Don't go hunting for them too quickly imo. Turns into a grind. Unless you end up enjoying it, then go absolutely nuts.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What does "woke" mean in this context

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

please don't engage lurdiak

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

FirstAidKite posted:

Not a fascist, believes people are equal, etc

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Wamdoodle posted:

:same: but mostly because he sounds like he was riding the wave of "angry gamer man yells at lovely games" that was seemingly started by the Angry Video Game Nerd. I admit, I'm talking completely out of my rear end though :butt:

What could possibly give you that id-

FirstAidKite posted:

Aware of social injustices, esp in contrast to certain other youtube gamers.

Grapplejack posted:

please don't engage lurdiak

:confused:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Spent all day wanting to get home and play Invisible Inc, then I got home and... didn't

This seems to happen a lot lately, I just sit about like a lump instead of doing what I intended :<

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

Spent all day wanting to get home and play Invisible Inc, then I got home and... didn't

This seems to happen a lot lately, I just sit about like a lump instead of doing what I intended :<

It could be because of the winter season - if you have a therapist, talk to them about it? I've got seasonal affective disorder, so I need to use a lightbox daily or else I'm empty the next day.

e: A computer doesn't work as a lightbox, it has to be a specialized one.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

Maybe you should try going to bed earlier, and have more energy to actually do fun things during the day. It's very easy to ignore how tired you are if you just sit around, but if your body and mind need rest, you won't have the energy to do anything interesting.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Ciaphas posted:

I have horrible depression and this is what happens to me more often than not. I want to play video games but then I don't even care enough to play video games

uh oh pancho!
Sep 3, 2004

THE MARATHON WAS COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY

CLEAR TIME SGDQ18

Doctor Spaceman posted:

it's one of the best eureka moments in a game full of them

they are super optional though

neat, that's good to know. i was worried that was needed to make progress. then again, not really sure what progress exactly is yet, other than lighting a bunch of laser beams.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

StrixNebulosa posted:

It could be because of the winter season - if you have a therapist, talk to them about it? I've got seasonal affective disorder, so I need to use a lightbox daily or else I'm empty the next day.

e: A computer doesn't work as a lightbox, it has to be a specialized one.

Hmm, have to think of a way to make it so that your computer screen gives the same effect as using a lightbox. I'll make millions!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is this one of those situations where people are mad that they're not allowed to be jerks to other people without recourse so they try coming up with names to make it sound like a bad thing to be nice to people and treat them equally and not be a jerk to people

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

uh oh pancho! posted:

neat, that's good to know. i was worried that was needed to make progress. then again, not really sure what progress exactly is yet, other than lighting a bunch of laser beams.

You've got the gist of it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I have horrible depression and this is what happens to me more often than not. I want to play video games but then I don't even care enough to play video games

Same.

gently caress depression.

I'm worse off without my pills but I wish my pills did more than they're currently doing.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Same.

I'm worse off without my pills but I wish my pills did more than they're currently doing.

I feel you. :sigh:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Same.

And trying to new pills takes weeks or months, without any guarantee.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The worst for me is the trinity of PTSD leading to lots of excessive panic, generalized anxiety causing lots of extra stress, and major depressive disorder bringing on feelings of helplessness so it's like this combination of uselessness, helplessness, despair, panic, desperately attempting to shut my brain off, and then just kind of going numb and zoning out and letting my mind disappear elsewhere so I can just stop thinking for a while.

February E/N Chat Thread: It's Not Mental Health Month Yet

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Erata posted:

Yea that poo poo owns. It blew my mind finding the first one. Don't go hunting for them too quickly imo. Turns into a grind. Unless you end up enjoying it, then go absolutely nuts.

I have been playing The Witness off and on for almost six months. In terms of normal puzzles all I have left is the challenge. But even though I have kept myself to a Dark Souls-level of avoiding spoilers (which I only fell down on twice) I think I am going to use a guide for those, if I even do them at all. There were a couple of cool environmental ones but hidden-object-game stuff is not as enticing to me

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

Is this one of those situations where people are mad that they're not allowed to be jerks to other people without recourse so they try coming up with names to make it sound like a bad thing to be nice to people and treat them equally and not be a jerk to people

Woke hasn't crossed over into pejorative yet, it's just a trendy term atm. I'm sure the awful people are busy trying to poison it like they did social justice, feminist, and countless others though.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

The worst for me is the trinity of PTSD leading to lots of excessive panic, generalized anxiety causing lots of extra stress, and major depressive disorder bringing on feelings of helplessness so it's like this combination of uselessness, helplessness, despair, panic, desperately attempting to shut my brain off, and then just kind of going numb and zoning out and letting my mind disappear elsewhere so I can just stop thinking for a while.

February E/N Chat Thread: It's Not Mental Health Month Yet

Ugh, that sucks. :(

And, it is February, the worst month when it comes to everything - everyone I know is tired, depressive, or sick. March'll be better, though!

And to keep this game related: I'm gonna play some Stellaris soon as it's very, very chill and good for relaxing while I play, especially if I don't speed it up. It's fun watching my scientists toodle around star systems studying things, and managing my pops.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FirstAidKite posted:

I know how you feel, my dude. It's rough. Usually when I feel that way I lay in bed and play a good videogame or watch a let's play to distract myself. As it turns out, video games are a great coping mechanism!

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

StrixNebulosa posted:

And, it is February, the worst month when it comes to everything - everyone I know is tired, depressive, or sick. March'll be better, though!

The best part of February is both of my parents' birthdays! No anxiety there!

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I have been playing The Witness off and on for almost six months. In terms of normal puzzles all I have left is the challenge. But even though I have kept myself to a Dark Souls-level of avoiding spoilers (which I only fell down on twice) I think I am going to use a guide for those, if I even do them at all. There were a couple of cool environmental ones but hidden-object-game stuff is not as enticing to me

I still haven't gone back to do the challenge, and yet I watched John Blow complete it in one try for one of Giantbomb's videos. It looked like complete madness. I will do it some time though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Probably has to do with possibly having thyroid cancer in my case, they're taking the whole shebang out in a couple months

In theory though my thyroid being broke would explain an awful lot about my health according to my doctors so even if it turns out the bumps are benign losing the thing could be a net win anyway?????

Well except for being in a hospital for 24 hours, noooooo

• Locked thread