Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Though I did play some games tonight in the form of Climbey and Audioshield in VR land

Climbey more like barfey, jesus christ never been so motion sick, that particular method of locomotion totally doesn't agree with me!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Steep is already discounted to 30 bucks on PS4, not sure about other platforms. imo it still doesn't have enough content to be worth even that which is a massive shame.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Ciaphas posted:

Probably has to do with possibly having thyroid cancer in my case, they're taking the whole shebang out in a couple months

In theory though my thyroid being broke would explain an awful lot about my health according to my doctors so even if it turns out the bumps are benign losing the thing could be a net win anyway?????

Well except for being in a hospital for 24 hours, noooooo

Bring a portable system.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Wish I still had one!! 'cos that'd be ideal monhun time I tell ya what.

Maybe I can guilt someone into letting me preorder a Switch, that's actually portable right? Or something? I dunno I've failed to pay attention to it at all 'cos I knew availability would be questionable anyway :v:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Slight problem with my declaring war on these mantis aliens in Stellaris: they built a bigger fleet than I did. Whoops!

And then this happened! :(

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Ciaphas posted:

Probably has to do with possibly having thyroid cancer in my case, they're taking the whole shebang out in a couple months

In theory though my thyroid being broke would explain an awful lot about my health according to my doctors so even if it turns out the bumps are benign losing the thing could be a net win anyway?????

Well except for being in a hospital for 24 hours, noooooo

You get jello. Maybe even Italian ice since you're getting your thyroids out. The thinnest of silver linings but it's there. Also you get to make your bed move in fun ways.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

Slight problem with my declaring war on these mantis aliens in Stellaris: they built a bigger fleet than I did. Whoops!

And then this happened! :(

Don't abduct cuddly primitive aliens :(

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

On the subject of gamer celebs, I used to watch Yahtzee's chill, short Let's Plays he did with his Australian friend, but whenever politics came up he was pretty bad, nothing Nazi-esque of course but kinda misogynistic at the very least

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Is The Witness a better hunched over at my desk with m+kb game or on my couch with a controller game?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Controller is fine, most of your gameplay is moving a pointer through a grid and you can lie down on a couch easily while playing it.

However some way to take screenshots of your screen is really helpful

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The witness is definitely a good couch/controller game as far as first person games go. There's only one segment that requires moving fast/twitch reflexes and even then the puzzles you have to run to aren't very far apart.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Jay Rust posted:

Don't abduct cuddly primitive aliens :(

Listen, in my empire we suppress factions that want us to stop studying aliens! What are they there for, if not to be invasively studied?

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Jay Rust posted:

On the subject of gamer celebs, I used to watch Yahtzee's chill, short Let's Plays he did with his Australian friend, but whenever politics came up he was pretty bad, nothing Nazi-esque of course but kinda misogynistic at the very least

I used to be into that sorta super negative humour but I just find it really tiring these days. Both with videos/written stuff, and with real life friends, if I'm hanging out with a friend that digs that super negative/critical humour than I need to take a break after a while because it just bums me out.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Red Bones posted:

I used to be into that sorta super negative humour but I just find it really tiring these days. Both with videos/written stuff, and with real life friends, if I'm hanging out with a friend that digs that super negative/critical humour than I need to take a break after a while because it just bums me out.

This is one of the things I like about Jim Sterling (once you get past the ironic fascist bit, which took me a drat while). Dude obviously really likes a lot of stuff, he just also shits on crap stuff with ferocity.

His podcast is pretty fun, him and Laura Dale will just go off on a random tangent about sexy boys in FF15 or how great some game is

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

[to camera, stoic] i did zi that coming...

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

oddium posted:

[to camera, stoic] i did zi that coming...

:hai:

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Red Bones posted:

yeah same, i think pretty much every youtube sub i have is to people that actually enjoy what they're doing / playing

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
Its true whilst I thought ZP was pretty funny when it first hit ten years ago I got tired of it real quick when others didn't. I don't mind people being sarcastic etc when something is bad but looking for positives too but this overly critical schtick gets tired.

I've never enjoyed Jim Sterling and have always found him insufferable myself, which is why I just don't watch his stuff or comment. Maybe I'm wrong though and there is something I'm not reaching as I just can't get into it.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Jim Sterling's videos on video game business practices are probably his best stuff, and very well suited to his schtick, but it's okay not to like a YouTube man imo

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe it's best to just accept that half the people who play video games are terrible people

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I mostly just watch the jimquisitions and the occasional other video, like the bloody boobs one.

You can tell he's fighting not to be delighted by the werewolf's animations in the multiplayer because the "game" is so horrid

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Is there (or was there, ever, I guess?) a Watch Dogs 2 thread? I looked back several pages and tried search and could only find the first one.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

it got hacked and exploded in front of a street performer + naked guy :twisted:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Jim Sterling has a lot of interesting insight on the games industry that is buried underneath his stupid annoying gimmick. I wish his gimmick was not "is an over the top prick" and was at least something funny instead.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Haha gently caress off, welcome to the future where Hero Mode is dlc

edit: it's $20 by the way in case you can't be bothered to look it up

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Feb 14, 2017

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Google’s YouTube has canceled the second season of PewDiePie’s reality show and pulled his channel from its premium advertising program after the Swedish-born vlogger’s prank involving an anti-Semitic slogan gained widespread notice.

get owned

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

CJacobs posted:

Jim Sterling has a lot of interesting insight on the games industry that is buried underneath his stupid annoying gimmick. I wish his gimmick was not "is an over the top prick" and was at least something funny instead.

Yeah agreed. Underneath is a solidly knowledgeable dude with an actual social conscience.

I mean, if you want that without the gimmick, there's always Matt Lees

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Quest For Glory II posted:

Google’s YouTube has canceled the second season of PewDiePie’s reality show and pulled his channel from its premium advertising program after the Swedish-born vlogger’s prank involving an anti-Semitic slogan gained widespread notice.

get owned

He also got his contract pulled from disney, idk if that was posted itt

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

get owned

I really don't like PewDiePie or his content but is this going to affect him majorly overall? He's sort of just there and known about in the youtube scene now I mean he was on South Park a while back.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Blackfyre posted:

I really don't like PewDiePie or his content but is this going to affect him majorly overall? He's sort of just there and known about in the youtube scene now I mean he was on South Park a while back.

He'll probably become some sort of alt-right freeze peach icon as he disappears squarely up his own arse

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

Haha gently caress off, welcome to the future where Hero Mode is dlc

edit: it's $20 by the way in case you can't be bothered to look it up

I'm going to buy the DLC

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

exclusive in-game clothing

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

get owned

im doing that thing where you bring your fingers to your lips and make a kissing motion rn

also nintendo, please give information on the animal crossing mobile game arigatou

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

boy are my arms tired posted:

im doing that thing where you bring your fingers to your lips and make a kissing motion rn

:discourse:

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
That pack one is REAL bullshit. Challenge dungeon will be lame, 'Map Feature' could be 'place two markers instead of one!' and selling hard mode.

How much they wanting from UK people too, like £20?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

oddium posted:

Gimmie dat in-game advertising armor.

Lemme run around with a Mountain Dew shirt while wielding a Cup Noodle bowl as a weapon.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbbZslUchyA

"It's our hope that everyone who plays will have a wide variety of fun experiences as they explore".

...but only if you fork up 20 dollars, otherwise it'll be the same as everyone else's

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

oddium posted:

It's a nintendo switch t-shirt

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Regy Rusty posted:

It's a nintendo switch t-shirt
I'm glad Link can show his appreciation in game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

CJacobs posted:

"It's our hope that everyone who plays will have a wide variety of fun experiences as they explore".

...but only if you fork up 20 dollars, otherwise it'll be the same as everyone else's

God drat it, Nintendo. These days you gotta hide your bullshit DLC behind euphemisms. It's not 2012, man. Get with the program.

• Locked thread