Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

https://instagram.com/p/BQel0JmgU_v/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Never die, never die
https://streamable.com/hxuea

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Spacebump posted:

If Amar'e counts, him. I would say Deron Williams but a lot of that was injuries. (That made him go from potential superstar to all star to good if he is healthy.)

Amare's decline was injuries too. He was really good in NY at first.

straight up brolic posted:

*this takes an insanely long time. New owners always have money but they don't know what they actually need to spend it on. Ballmer's finally starting to figure it out after spending the first three years on a lovely rebrand and a converse-sponsored condor mascot

Yeah the sole way to start the turnaround immediately is to lack ego and just poach a great exec from another team at the "president of basketball operations" level or whatever its bullshit equivalent is for a given team and let him hire up a front office. In practice, no one who has enough money to buy a team has enough self awareness to understand this.

Jameer Nelson has ALWAYS ruled and it's too bad he wasn't on a contender the last few years. He'd be a great contributor to a contender as a bench PG.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I'll believe it when he carries the Celtics to the Finals on his back.

Conference will probably never be that bad again. And once he got healthy Mutombo was the best and most important player on that team.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Dario is wrecking in February.

https://twitter.com/Sixers/status/831367869053206528

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

DeimosRising posted:

Conference will probably never be that bad again. And once he got healthy Mutombo was the best and most important player on that team.

:suspense:

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

lol

the dion one is still best

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The Nuggets won with a 9-man rotation including zombie Mike Miller, washed Jameer Nelson, something called Johnny O'Bryant and Malik Beasley putting up a 0/0/0 line

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Dario needs a haircut and a shave

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

leftist heap posted:

the dion one is still best

the dion one was the pinnacle of that meme.

wonderful to see it, sad that we'll never see such heights again.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Kibner posted:

I'm sure it's been talked about. Not my first pick since I would rather someone much younger.

Dell is on the phone about potential trades all day, every day. Every rumor out there is something that has been talked about with him, even if it wasn't him that proposed the trade.

The Pels seem quite interested in not very athletic centers who can't rebound.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Time posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W29WzYz8m8

several bucks players in this video

i'm drinking beer in my basement because i hate myself but this video made me feel a little better

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Dario needs a haircut and a shave

LOL Magic!!!!! Dario is blowing up, Tobias is gonna lead the Pistons to the playoffs and Oladipo still makes bonehead plays but i'd rather have him then Fournier.
At least i can google "Oladipo". Oh yeah and Sobonis is starting in his rookie year..........

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

RaySmuckles posted:

the dion one was the pinnacle of that meme.

wonderful to see it, sad that we'll never see such heights again.

Sad how Dion knows how to beat Durant but Westbrook gets blown out each time.

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

straight up brolic posted:

Okafor has been traded, allegedly to Portland

E: nvm I got got by someone who got got

E2: nvm apparently the unverified Elton Brand account with 4,000 followers is actually Elton Brand

NBA 2016-17 N/V: nvm apparently the unverified Elton Brand account with 4,000 followers is actually Elton Brand

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
So basically the Nuggets are the GOAT right?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

This man owns.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

ex post facho posted:

17-21-12 on 7/13 shooting for jokic against the warriors tonight

but the real story was JUANCHO HERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNANGOmez, with a buncha dunks and 6-9 from 3 for 27 points!!!!

i mean look at this scruffy lil guy

oh i guess he also had 10 rebounds for a double double and whatever

The two most generic looking NBA2K My Player creations walked all over my team and I ain't even mad. Jokic is a treasure.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

This man is a SAS Saint.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Two Tone Shoes posted:

The Pels seem quite interested in not very athletic centers who can't rebound.

Still better than being interested in Myers Leonard.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

The D League is now the Gatorade League

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...onsor/97873668/

quote:

The NBA on Tuesday will announce a renaming of its Development League, with the "D-League" set to be known as the "G-League" starting in the 2017-18 season because of a multiyear partnership with Gatorade.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
The G-League sounds like it should be a lovely show on BET

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
It sounds like the shittiest rap crew of 1999

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Henchman of Santa posted:

It sounds like the shittiest rap crew of 1999

haha

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
https://twitter.com/NBA/status/831503766222413825

Yep, this is super, super dumb.

I mean, I guess if this is the dumbest thing Silver does in his tenure thats ok, but its still pretty dumb.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
It's dumb but it's funny, harmless dumb. So basically the exact opposite of every decision the NFL has made in the last 5 years

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The Gigligue

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Kibner posted:

Still better than being interested in Myers Leonard.

I really doubt anyone on this earth outside of his dog and maybe his wife are interested in Meyers Leonard.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Time posted:

I'll even take it a step further. AI benefitted more from highlight packages than any player to ever exist. Actually watching him was a loving boring slog. One of the most overrated guys of all time

A lot of those AI Sixers teams were brutal to watch. Even playing pickup games around that time sucked, because one kid on every team thought he was Iverson or an And1 mixtape.

30 seconds of dribbling, head fakes, and arm motions *clank*

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

paternity suitor posted:

Even playing pickup games around that time sucked, because one kid on every team thought he was Iverson or an And1 mixtape.

This is just as true today as it was back then.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

paternity suitor posted:

A lot of those AI Sixers teams were brutal to watch. Even playing pickup games around that time sucked, because one kid on every team thought he was Iverson or an And1 mixtape.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200106030PHI.html

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

zelah posted:

I really doubt anyone on this earth outside of his dog and maybe his wife are interested in Meyers Leonard.

I wanted him slightly more than Rivers on draft day. :v:

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
When Iverson was on the Sixers he had no one else on the team that could create any offense. The next best option was like Aaron McKie. I guess he also had for one year each: young rear end Andre Iguodala, old rear end Tony Kukoc, mediocre rear end Matt Harpring, old rear end Chris Webber. It was a team of nothing but hustle guys that played good defense and rebounded and could maybe hit a 16 foot jumper. The entire offense was Iverson because the rest of the team was trash on offense and it's incredible they ever even made a finals. Like Eric Snow was considered a key piece of this team for a while.

Also please remember that for just about Allen Iverson's entire time in Philadelphia his General Manager was Billy King.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

paternity suitor posted:

This was a seminal time of my life. I literally starting playing bball around this time and yes, it negatively affected my skills for years to come. I played at a outdoor court in north Philly and literally every kid in the neighborhood played like an Iversonian style of ball.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/831535999939387392

where's lessail

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/831536258824429568

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Totally watching select 2001 playoff games on youtube today.

Finals Game 1
WCF Game 1
ECF Game 7
Raptors/Sixers Games 2 and 7

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
If they're actually getting money out of this, that is finding it's way to the G-League players in some respect, than hey, I'm all for it.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Wait, Terrence Ross is good and on an amazing contract what are the Raptors doing????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Paul Zuvella posted:

Wait, Terrence Ross is good and on an amazing contract what are the Raptors doing????

maybe they think serge is the key to making a run?? Wasn't serge kinda floundering out in orlando tho, i really haven't paid attention to them this season

• Locked thread