Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

I hate people that post like this. Sorry your palate is that of an uncultured baby. I drink one delicious beer with food three or four times a week and very rarely get blitzed any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Clamps McGraw posted:

I hate people that post like this. Sorry your palate is that of an uncultured baby. I drink one delicious beer with food three or four times a week and very rarely get blitzed any more.

They don't mean it honestly (and if they think they do they're just deluded), they are just trying to make their alcoholism sound normal and assume everyone is like them who only drinks to get drunk.

He does have a point though in that if you are trying to get shitfaced, the taste of the beer doesn't particularly matter and if you regularly get blitzed on fine microbrews you're wasting your money.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

yeah I eat rear end posted:

if you regularly get blitzed on fine microbrews you're wasting your money.
I can get blitzed off a sixer of a quality beer or I can get maybe slightly buzzed off a suitcase of coors. And the former tastes better too.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Yawgmoth posted:

I can get blitzed off a sixer of a quality beer or I can get maybe slightly buzzed off a suitcase of coors. And the former tastes better too.

:same:

well maybe not blitzed but i'm feelin pretty good.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

axolotl farmer posted:

Vanilla is made only from vanilla orchid beans.

Vanillin is a chemical compound that's the major flavor note in vanilla. It's made from wood pulp, petroleum byproducts or rice bran.

No vanilla in cheap foodstuffs is made from beaver glands today.

You're saying that last part like there's still beaver gland vanilla out there in rich people ice cream. Is there??

Also have some grilled beaver tail

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Yawgmoth posted:

You can't compare wildly different ABV beers like that. Try a sixer of steel reserve and I bet it will get you more or less as "blitzed" as your 12 dollars a six pack IPAs, at like 25% of the cost. Obviously the quality beer is objectively better but if you are trying for "blitzed" (which a six pack usually won't get most people) it becomes economically stupid to buy the good stuff, which was my point.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

You can't compare wildly different ABV beers like that. Try a sixer of steel reserve and I bet it will get you more or less as "blitzed" as your 12 dollars a six pack IPAs, at like 25% of the cost. Obviously the quality beer is objectively better but if you are trying for "blitzed" (which a six pack usually won't get most people) it becomes economically stupid to buy the good stuff, which was my point.

No.

Ew.

Gross.

Thats like saying bargain basement 1 ply toilet paper is just as good as the stuff that doesnt exfoliate your rear end in a top hat you just have to use more and hey its cheaper.

no thanks dood some things are just worth paying for.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

I've never even seen Steel Reserve on a shelf anywhere. Maybe I'm just going to the wrong places but generally the cheapest poo poo on display is bud/coors/PBR. And I can in fact compare wildly different ABV beers because that's my point: It might be $2/bottle vs. 75c/can but the bottle is gonna do the "get you drunk" job 3-4x better and taste infinitely better too. But most people only see "hey this is $12 and the other one is $9, let's get the $9 because it's cheaper! :downs:" without grasping that there's more at work than simple volume/dollars.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Go to a Grocery Outlet Bargain Market and in the bottom of the heap of loose beers you may find a precious case of Steel Reserve, meticulously aged at a steady 80°F for eleven months.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

If your first concern in alcohol purchases is min-maxing your drunkenness to you spending, you have a drinking problem.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

CommonShore posted:

If your first concern in alcohol purchases is min-maxing your drunkenness to you spending, you have a drinking problem.

No, you have a money problem.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
I prefer to have a drinking solution thankyouverymuch

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe
15 beers or 5 tequilas, choices, choices...

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I need to see this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's on youtube

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Aesop Poprock posted:

See that might be a beaver tail but this is an actual 100% authentic Ottawa Beavertail:

(it's fried dough with butter, cinnamon, and sugar. Sometimes lemon juice)

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Aesop Poprock posted:

You're saying that last part like there's still beaver gland vanilla out there in rich people ice cream. Is there??

Looks like fish to me :colbert:

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Steelie was our go to in college, lowest dollar per oz of alcohol in a beer at the bottle shop across the street. Eventually you get used to the metallic taste. American Ice was a close second, but we could only get that in cases at the distro.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Yawgmoth posted:

I've never even seen Steel Reserve on a shelf anywhere. Maybe I'm just going to the wrong places but generally the cheapest poo poo on display is bud/coors/PBR. And I can in fact compare wildly different ABV beers because that's my point: It might be $2/bottle vs. 75c/can but the bottle is gonna do the "get you drunk" job 3-4x better and taste infinitely better too. But most people only see "hey this is $12 and the other one is $9, let's get the $9 because it's cheaper! :downs:" without grasping that there's more at work than simple volume/dollars.

I'm interested to hear what beer you're drinking that's 15-20% abv for $2/bottle

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

JohnnyCanuck posted:

See that might be a beaver tail but this is an actual 100% authentic Ottawa Beavertail:

(it's fried dough with butter, cinnamon, and sugar. Sometimes lemon juice)
A... large pastry?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jmcrofts posted:

I'm interested to hear what beer you're drinking that's 15-20% abv for $2/bottle

Boones farm / MD 2020?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Jmcrofts posted:

Imperial Russian Stouts are (as far as I've seen) always north of 10% and depending on brand and location about $2-3/bottle. And if you drink them on an empty stomach, you'll be in for a really fun time! :buddy:

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Plinkey posted:

Boones farm / MD 2020?

mad dog god drat

might as well hop on the night train

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BraveUlysses posted:

mad dog god drat

might as well hop on the night train

What's the word? Thunderbird!

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Yawgmoth posted:

Imperial Russian Stouts are (as far as I've seen) always north of 10% and depending on brand and location about $2-3/bottle. And if you drink them on an empty stomach, you'll be in for a really fun time! :buddy:

Right so a $12 6-pack of those has as much alcohol as a $10 12-pack of Coors, so how exactly is it more cost effective?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't really mind Steel Reserve or Natty Ice.

Maybe my taste buds are broken. :shrug:

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

whiteyfats posted:

What's the word? Thunderbird!

Time to get SCHLITZ'd

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Plinkey posted:

Time to get SCHLITZ'd

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

whiteyfats posted:

I don't really mind Steel Reserve or Natty Ice.

Maybe my taste buds are broken. :shrug:

Well they're made to be basically as drinkable and inoffensive as possible. You're not the weird one, the goons who go "EW [macro lager] IS PISS I'D RATHER LICK A SNOW BOOT" are.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Jmcrofts posted:

Well they're made to be basically as drinkable and inoffensive as possible. You're not the weird one, the goons who go "EW [macro lager] IS PISS I'D RATHER LICK A SNOW BOOT" are.

I think i had a weird realization at like 35 drinking a miller lite that indeed it was complete poo poo, and hey I can afford better, why am i drinking poo poo beer?? so I reformed and it was a happy story with a lot less urination ever after. But hey if it floats y'alls boat :shrug:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bud K ninja sword posted:

I think i had a weird realization at like 35 drinking a miller lite that indeed it was complete poo poo, and hey I can afford better, why am i drinking poo poo beer?? so I reformed and it was a happy story with a lot less urination ever after. But hey if it floats y'alls boat :shrug:

I rarely drink, and rarely ever buy it, so I'm usually just drinking what's offered.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jmcrofts posted:

i'm gonna piss in your mouth too

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I drink craft beer often but sometimes you're getting pizza and people are ordering pitchers of budweiser, or sometimes you're at a ball game and all they have is coors, or sometimes you just want to save some money and you're not a giant loving goon

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Jmcrofts posted:

I drink craft beer often but sometimes you're getting pizza and people are ordering pitchers of budweiser, or sometimes you're at a ball game and all they have is coors, or sometimes you just want to save some money and you're not a giant loving goon

sir I am always a giant loving goon.

everyone is way taller than me.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sir I am always a giant loving goon.

everyone is way taller than me.

Lol if you aren't more than 6 feet tall just lol

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

whiteyfats posted:

Lol if you aren't more than 6 feet tall just lol

i do. :smithfrog:

mainly at tall people in coach though.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i do. :smithfrog:

mainly at tall people in coach though.

Yes. :smith: Sucks so bad, and I'm only 6'3.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

chitoryu12 posted:

Looks like fish to me :colbert:

Papist.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

CommonShore posted:

Or you're in college or a Korean/Japanese businessman.

I guess those are all different forms of drinking problem though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Jmcrofts posted:

I am a colossal beer sperg but this is the correct mindset to have about beer unless you want to bore everyone to death showing off your Untappd checkins.