Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Drifter posted:

"Most Disney princesses wear a ring. This Princess dominates one."

- Punch -
coming 2019

Opening montage is a song about making it to the top set to the beat of KO'ing opponents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hedrigall posted:

:neckbeard:

Ooh ooh ooh, what animal sidekick does she have? :3:

I was picturing her riding her bike to the gym with a goldfish in a bowl strapped to the seat because she always stands while pedaling. Beachcomber had it right - Betta Fish could work even more beautifully.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Feb 14, 2017

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Her name is Princess "Royal Rumble" Rodriguez.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
gently caress, why isn't this a real movie, you guys? Just make ARMS into a Disney movie already.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

mycot posted:

I think the idea is that someone who rolls their eyes at the starting notes of Let It Go really shouldn't have been watching a Frozen play.

To be clear, I was perfectly fine with Frozen the film and wanted this to be as good as their Aladdin stage show. But aside from a fancy projector system for a few cool effects the show itself seemed really thrown together and felt really clumsy in terms of stage direction (I'm not an expert, sure, but it's what I observed). Lines that worked in the movie were brought over word for word for the show and did not work nearly as well due to the lack of a camera to edit and cut and move. But the audience made it clear there was a rabid fan base for all things Frozen regardless of quality. If they genuinely enjoyed it, good for them, but taking Frozen to Broadway I hope there's more polish brought to everything.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Skimming Animation Thread 2016 to try and find that brief clip somebody posted of Zootopia with Descriptive Audio turned on. Surprisingly hard to find! (EDIT: found it)

Also:

https://twitter.com/comedysavage/status/831305585777901568

Drifter posted:

- Punch -
coming 2019
Why is this not a real movie

Shadow Hog fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Feb 14, 2017

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I could see them making a Cars based around Mad Max and having it work, so long as they don't include Mater and Lightning at all and let it be its own thing. Cars 2's biggest problem was having Lightning in it at any point, the spy movie stuff worked great. Half that movie is a good spy movie, half the movie is a terrible Cars movie.

Also talking about Trolls... again... I think I kind of agree with Pick on that Moana is technically a BETTER movie, but I think I also enjoyed Trolls more?? Maybe it's me being just absolutely in love with the aesthetic but something about Trolls just worked really well for me. Moana was gorgeous too but the style they chose to go with in Trolls as well as being colorful as gently caress makes me kind of like it a bit more than Moana

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Shadow Hog posted:

Why is this not a real movie

Disney execs are waiting to get a horizontal grasp of the kids boxing glove market first

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Also I have a bad cold so I've been watching animated films and I watched storks and there were definitely some super funny moments but on the whole it's pretty unforgivable to not even try and have a coherent narrative. The tongue in cheek character interactions never really stopped, slowed down or felt well woven with any other emotions -- the sarcasm was so biting and constant it was a real drain on the whole movie.

a cyberpunk goose fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Feb 14, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Macaluso posted:

Also talking about Trolls... again... I think I kind of agree with Pick on that Moana is technically a BETTER movie, but I think I also enjoyed Trolls more?? Maybe it's me being just absolutely in love with the aesthetic but something about Trolls just worked really well for me. Moana was gorgeous too but the style they chose to go with in Trolls as well as being colorful as gently caress makes me kind of like it a bit more than Moana

I'm so glad that my paranoid ramblings actually convinced a few people to see it :buddy:

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010

dirksteadfast posted:

To be clear, I was perfectly fine with Frozen the film and wanted this to be as good as their Aladdin stage show. But aside from a fancy projector system for a few cool effects the show itself seemed really thrown together and felt really clumsy in terms of stage direction (I'm not an expert, sure, but it's what I observed). Lines that worked in the movie were brought over word for word for the show and did not work nearly as well due to the lack of a camera to edit and cut and move. But the audience made it clear there was a rabid fan base for all things Frozen regardless of quality. If they genuinely enjoyed it, good for them, but taking Frozen to Broadway I hope there's more polish brought to everything.

I recently saw the Frozen musical aboard the Disney cruise line which from your description sounds identical, even the color blind casting which was very unexpected but interesting. I also share your feelings exactly, went into it really excited but overall it feels like it's been hastily put together which is a bummer.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Drifter posted:

- Punch -
coming 2019

so we're making an animated version of Million Dollar Baby?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Aces High posted:

so we're making an animated version of Million Dollar Baby?

No. There's no assisted suicide at the end of this one.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Drifter posted:

gently caress, first Tangled and now this? Disney, why do you ruin everything?!

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Drifter posted:

It ain't suicide from a legal standpoint but no one getting in a ring with her can value their life that highly.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Pick posted:

Sort of both, actually. It's sort of a twofold issue, with overly-literal "video gamey" animation, and a restricted range of design on the assets themselves. I'll see if I can do a quick mock-up of how I might have made Tamatoa a little more visually interesting for example, if I remember (and I fully expect some people will hate it!)

Yes do that thing!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Pick posted:

Sort of both, actually. It's sort of a twofold issue, with overly-literal "video gamey" animation, and a restricted range of design on the assets themselves. I'll see if I can do a quick mock-up of how I might have made Tamatoa a little more visually interesting for example, if I remember (and I fully expect some people will hate it!)

Don't worry fam, I got you

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Well Barrytoa hasn't always been this glam.
I was a drab little bug once!
But then I went and boned a giantess human
Because she's beautiful, honey!

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Drifter posted:

- Punch -
coming 2019

Yes, Disney making an animated Joanna Jedrzejczyk biopic would be cool and good.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Macaluso posted:

I.. I feel sick

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Macaluso posted:

oh my god

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Macaluso posted:

This is the stuff of nightmares.

Edit: oh God, now I'm hearing "Shiny" as sung by Jerry Seinfeld in my head and I don't know how to make it stop. Why this.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Macaluso posted:

Delete This

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

The best way I can explain what storks felt like is that glazed over malaise you get when you're watching one of the michael bay transformer movies and you realize that your brain has just stopped processing information because so much of it is so inconsistent and nonsensical near the end. I'm haunted by it. Also haunted by our new brave bee friend here, boy howdy.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Tempted to stick him in the OP after the dance party quote. Really give new initiates the what for.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Das Boo posted:

Tempted to stick him in the OP after the dance party quote. Really give new initiates the what for.

Yeah, teach them to come inta our thread!

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Hedrigall posted:

Yeah, teach them to come inta our thread!

We are a territorial lot and we piss on everything. :argh:

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Assuming they don't just skip to the last page to see what people are saying about the animated film du jour.

...like I did back when Zootopia was in theaters

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Shadow Hog posted:

Assuming they don't just skip to the last page to see what people are saying about the animated film du jour.

Aw sorry, did I nearly scare you off? :ohdear:

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

Considering I was also super into the film and looking for another place to gush: no, not really!

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Das Boo posted:

I dunno, Pixar seems to have a better range of style than Disney. You can pick on a sense of underlying aesthetic with a lot of their films (not all!)

This is again because Pixar usually picks a different designer for each movie. Whereas Disney has the much of the same people (Jin Kim, and before him Glenn Keane) doing the final animation-ready designs. So their drawings get translated to 3d and the movies look very similar to each other.

If you were a designer with years of feature experience you could probably pick out a ton of differences between each movie based on what the main artist decided to change about their style to fit the movie, but for those of us without that developed an eye, they look the same.

Anyway, I saw the Lego Batman Movie today and it was great! Super funny, great great lighting and effects and animation and visual gags and sound design. Some of the music wasn't to my taste but whatever.

And the crew on Lego Batman was tiny compared to any other animated film or VFX heavy films, unless a ton of compositors went uncredited. Usually the list of compositors goes on for pages and pages, but on Lego Batman there were only 10 to 15 guys doing all of it. So either they have a really awesome pipeline or they're left a ton of guys out.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Shadow Hog posted:

Well then we will put it at the top of every new page. It reminds us of our sins.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

dirksteadfast posted:

Well then we will put it at the top of every new page. It reminds us of our sins.

Make it mandatory to quote in every post itt for the rest of eternity.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
how did that mashup ever even become a thought in someone's head?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Btw, live action Mulan is getting a female director:

http://www.slashfilm.com/mulan-director-niki-caro/

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Macaluso posted:

This is actually my favorite Valentine's Day gift ever :kiddo:

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

Fo sho 'Das Boo posted:

Well Barrytoa hasn't always been this glam.
I was a drab little bug once!
But then I went and boned a giantess human
Because she's beautiful, honey!

Ooo! I wanna try!

Not Das Boo posted:

Did your boyfriend always say "Hello Bee"
"Leave my girlfriend alone you prick"
Well good sir, only she can give me what I need
To ride my dick.
I'd rather be a Bee!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Now I want to see Barry as Scar/Ursula/Gaston/Cruella De Vil/Yzma/Jafar/Frollo/Hades/Dr Facilier

and by want to see I mean claw my eyes out

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Hedrigall posted:

Now I want to see Barry as Scar/Ursula/Gaston/Cruella De Vil/Yzma/Jafar/Frollo/Hades/Dr Facilier

and by want to see I mean claw my eyes out

Some of their villain songs write themselves though.

"Bee Prepared"
"You Poor Unfortunate Drones"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I've Got Friends In The Other Hive