Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Not a viking posted:

I'm building and learning to play my YJ, but sometimes it's hard not to go back to my CA for all the bullshit they can do

My friend, if you do not think YJ can do bullshit (tacbow khd godninja), you have not yet lived. Yaoxie are some INCREDIBLE bullshit. I can't remember the last time they didn't make the cut in my lists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007

The Sisko posted:

Here are the pictures of my Myrmidons as promised (fixed the chipped areas after I took the picture ):

pics

They look good. I like your basing too, it's subtle.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

Clawtopsy posted:

My friend, if you do not think YJ can do bullshit (tacbow khd godninja), you have not yet lived. Yaoxie are some INCREDIBLE bullshit. I can't remember the last time they didn't make the cut in my lists.

Oh I'm quite aware of that. I think it's just a matter of me not being a very experienced player when I started CA, so I didn't really appreciate the possibilities until now.

E: speaking of YJ bullshit, I'm playing the fourth Tagline mission (Quest for King Arthur) and I'm planning to use a Su Jian and a skirmisher to pick up the objective on the enemy table half. My question is should I take a KHD ninja or a Kanren? The Kanren is better for clearing potential mines, but the ninja is safer until she is revealed.

Not a viking fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Feb 13, 2017

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Clawtopsy posted:

Moved 6-4 spitfire with msv2 for 20pts? That's how you oppress.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

I've been super slack with the hobby lately so thought I'd finally round off the Corregidor I've been sitting on for a while to jump start me back into it. Probably going to be really unoptimal since I'm trying to avoid clutter by just buying the models I like, and sadly the Jaguars aren't my cup of tea. I also want to focus mostly on air assault units, which will probably be horrible since It's hard to balance orders with AD units without cheap stuff like the Jags.

Anyways, while getting those ready I've been playing a few games with my old armies and trying a few new lists that stray from units I've relied on as a crutch before, or just picking new things which I've never seriously considered.
I finally got to use Sheskiin against a friend's Bakunin at 200pts, and boy howdy does high BS on a mobile - always in cover - model own bones. It's still very much an all your eggs in one basket approach, especially at such a low point cost game and in the end she got glue gunned into uselessness, but I guess since most of the time I try to avoid TAGs or one man army type models, it really makes you appreciate just how much havoc one model can cause if it can slip through the front lines. Really makes me want to give TAGs a bit more of a fair shake. That or just play NCA again.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

awwwwwwwww poo poo it's the motherfriken crabbot

(also the techbee whose abilities still have not been disclosed)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

The ability to get people mad over minis.

E: I'm one of those people if that was unclear

Not a viking fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Feb 13, 2017

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Not a viking posted:

:agreed: You'd think that with a cute anime girl mini, we'd also get a cute tachikoma, but no. :mad: With some modifying you can probably make it into a derpy mr. krabs robot.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Chill la Chill posted:

:agreed: You'd think that with a cute anime girl mini, we'd also get a cute tachikoma, but no. :mad: With some modifying you can probably make it into a derpy mr. krabs robot.

Actually it owns cause its shell is the shoulder armor from the Stingray TAGs.

Not a viking posted:

:nallears:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

glue boobs on the crab bot for representation

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

If I get that I might glue a tophat on the crab. How are the Musashi ronin units in this game btw? I want to get them sometime so I can have some space samurai that I can also use in my fantasy games.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Chill la Chill posted:

If I get that I might glue a tophat on the crab. How are the Musashi ronin units in this game btw? I want to get them sometime so I can have some space samurai that I can also use in my fantasy games.

I'm gonna give it a knife. There's only one Mushashi. He just comes in two sculpts. Do you play JSA, like CC, and are good at getting models upfield? Then he'll work well for you.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I play the corporate guys with the giant robots so I don't think so? Thought it might be nice to have some CC for it.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Chill la Chill posted:

I play the corporate guys with the giant robots so I don't think so? Thought it might be nice to have some CC for it.

He's considered a mercenary so he available to you if you and your opponent agree to use mercs. He's only usable in JSA in official ITS though. The best choice for CC in PanO are the various knights but they struggle to get up field and you're better off shooting with them anyway.

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

"I'm past caring about what might be lost by letting alphabet soups monitor every last piece of communication between every human being on the planet."

I unironically love Big Brother.
Between the O-Yori pilot Kickstarter thing, and that tech bee, it is popcorn central.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Cyclomatic posted:

Between the O-Yori pilot Kickstarter thing, and that tech bee, it is popcorn central.

they're bad decisions, brent

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
You should get into JSA because having six Akira bikes zooming up the field is fukkin' sweet bruh.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Cyclomatic posted:

What kick starter thing did miss

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

What kick starter thing did miss
Luxumbra aka Giraldez' company is starting one tomorrow for Infinity-themed busts.

Also, I'm getting that Tech Bee for a HVT or something. And 4 O-Yoroi pilots.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

So why the popcorn was there drama?

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Is there ever not drama? This is "The Internet," after all...

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Flipswitch posted:

So why the popcorn was there drama?

They previewed the Oyori pilot months back but then announced it would be a backer reward for the Luxumbra kickstarter but that might have been a 75mm model now!?!?

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
There's 4 sweet as gently caress busts in the kickstarter, and a 75mm (same scale as busts) o-yoroi pilot.
A) panty showing cheesecake.
B) with the awesome busts an iconic 75mm mini would have been sweet. Like an Aquila or Hsien.
C) still gonna get it all because painting large scales is great. The pilot will just have to hide up the back of the display case...

E: the 75mm pilot is available from day 1, the 32mm (game) scale pilot is a stretch goal.

Cyclomatic
May 29, 2012

"I'm past caring about what might be lost by letting alphabet soups monitor every last piece of communication between every human being on the planet."

I unironically love Big Brother.
The stink looks to be about them putting the 32mm O-Yori pilot as exclusive kickstarter bait right smack in the middle of giving TAG pilots useful profiles. Likely doesn't help that the O-Yori is one of the more useful/usable/popular TAGs, so people actually own O-Yori.

They are basically saying that if you want to play your O-Yori you have to pay Angel a tax. Especially when PanO players STILL don't have a general release of the exclusive Joan model. Honestly, it seems like kind of a really poo poo move.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

I don't get the "knife with pincers" reference

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Crab with knife?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Not a viking posted:

I don't get the "knife with pincers" reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QaAKi0NFkA Would be my guess?

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Or this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mHKHKR8x6A

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

The joke is that the crabbot profile has a knife while the scindron profile does not.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
The luxumbra Kickstarter is up and away, funded in about an hour.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/783398011/luxumbra-infinity-collectors/description

The largest stretch goal they've got at the moment is for a ~90mm high Ajax. Which would be pretty sweet - otherwise no add ons to the base minis so far.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Pidgin Englishman posted:

The luxumbra Kickstarter is up and away, funded in about an hour.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/783398011/luxumbra-infinity-collectors/description

The largest stretch goal they've got at the moment is for a ~90mm high Ajax. Which would be pretty sweet - otherwise no add ons to the base minis so far.

I just came here to post it.

Not sure if I want anything except the small pilot. Well maybe the bigger pilot. Or a Preta bust if they make it, it looked sweet.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I'm expecting CB to release a non-special edition O-Yori pilot. with different arms. I've been burnt once, not again.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Clawtopsy posted:

I'm expecting CB to release a non-special edition O-Yori pilot. with different arms. I've been burnt once, not again.
Me too. That's why I'm getting this one. I'm still bitter over the lovely warcor.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Is there a list somewhere of all the playable Infinity minis that were limited edition?

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Is there a list somewhere of all the playable Infinity minis that were limited edition?

This is the best I've seen:

At the lead rising blog

Pretty tempted to go in for 4 or 5 o-yoroi pilots, I reckon you get 25-30 for them pretty easy when the KS ends.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Big week in infinity for me, the tohaa army box I couldn't resist from MM's daily deal arrived today, and my bakunin starter is finally arriving Thursday. Lots of assembling and painting in my future!

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

I gave up on 40k years ago when the prices got loving stupid. Recently I've been feeling the tabletop fever and Infinity looks like the cure. Are there any good resources for new players, all I've done so far is eye-gently caress some of the models (Haqqislam is definitely the light). Also I noticed some goons at the start of the thread are localish to me, I'm northeastern Melbourne suburbs, any good game stores around here? I've got one in Ringwood some friends go to but variety would be nice. :)

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Belasta of War have some Infinity intro videos on YouTube if you don't have any local players to teach you. The Red Veil / Ice Storm boxes has "intro" rules, I'm sure they can be found online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
House of war is the main one up that way. I'm southeast, and the only stockist outside of the cbd I head to are house of war, game knight (campberwell) and general games. Mind games in town has the beat range, but the other joints (particularly game knight) are cheaper. Game Knight is also pretty well linked into the community.

See if you can catch a tournament at house of war. There's a few smaller, private face book groups around melb that are how most get a game on. But if you post in the infinity aus page then you'll get some tips there for sure.

If you're super fresh I've been putting together a boot camp thing that's worked well enough the one time I've tested it. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

• Locked thread