Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Adam Carolla's podcast gets big numbers sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
I watched the 911 episode on YouTube and I was entranced by how often Alex Jones ripped his headphones off of his bloated head and manically ran his fingers through his hair. Every time the camera cut back to Alex he was taking the headphones off again.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Copper Vein posted:

I watched the 911 episode on YouTube and I was entranced by how often Alex Jones ripped his headphones off of his bloated head and manically ran his fingers through his hair. Every time the camera cut back to Alex he was taking the headphones off again.

He was stoned dude running your hand through your hair feels good man

GuitarJunkie
Sep 8, 2004

"Boy, have we got a vacation for you."
He also said Rogan's studio was pretty hot compared to his. Going full tilt on intergalactic government lizards can probably get the kettle going.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

crazy cloud posted:

the big enchilada

widunder
May 2, 2002

Digital Jedi posted:

What other podcasts have been around as long or have nearly as many episodes?

Gotta imagine his has to be up there in terms of longevity and amount of content
I think JRE started in late 2009/early 2010 which isn't very old in podcast terms but if you consider the amount of hours of repeated stories and insane libertarian ramblings then absolutely

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Hmm I think twit was the first podcast I was aware of.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I just listened to the Shannon Briggs episode and I want to run through a brick wall. Let's go champ!!!

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
So this week is Nick Dipaolo and Gavin McInnes. Every week it seems like Joe is becoming more and more a right wing windbag like Adam Carolla.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
When he had Pete Holmes on, who is a big sweetie, Joe brought up Milo and defended him a bunch while Pete was just doin this :stonk:

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
money is poison for the soul hth

U want the big enchilada??? rogan is on team interdimensional psychic vampire and conducts psyops by giving alex jones room to sound crazy when he is in fact the sanest man alive. this is not an endorsement of piss goblin turn the friggin frogs gay man, it is an indictment of the rest of humanity

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Pocket Billiards posted:

So this week is Nick Dipaolo and Gavin McInnes. Every week it seems like Joe is becoming more and more a right wing windbag like Adam Carolla.

I don't think just talking to right wing people automatically makes you a right winger. That kind of thinking is some toxic purity horseshit that I think is bad for everyone. The thing I like the most about JRE is that he talks to everyone respectfully regardless of their politics and that's something I've aspired to do in my own life and I think I'm better for it. A little off topic but I really hate the trend now of cutting out others from their life completely because of their politics.

As far as I remember, Joe's always been centrist on average, criticizing the batshit on the left and right, But as we all know right of center on the topic of free speech/trigger warnings/outrage culture stuff, which is about where I am now so I sympathize with him. But even that is being pushed further and further to the right by the nutcases these days as the modern progressive fringe seem to have it out for free speech :shobon:

I don't think I've ever heard Joe hysterically yelling about poor people, black people or Mexicans for an hour straight like Carolla does but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I'm sure I'll get made fun of for this post but I just don't think that Carolla comparison is fair on the merit of the guests he's had on.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Joe thinks Milo, a neo-nazi piece of poo poo, is cool and good

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

crazy cloud posted:

Joe thinks Milo, a neo-nazi piece of poo poo, is cool and good

hm he's gotta be a neo-nazi too then. sad to say i ever listened to this show... i disavow joe rogan and all his works. please accept my humble apology

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Last time I saw them podcast together (last year?) they were enjoying each other's company and Joe was constantly challenging him on his beliefs, particularly on religion iirc which got him squirming bad. My take on Milo is he's not a neo nazi he's just an insanely manipulative dick who will say literally whatever it takes to get himself attention. That's the kind of crazy energy Joe seems to be fascinated by. Did they talk about the positives of being a neo nazi or something?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Also everyone and everything is a neo nazi now do you'll have to substantiate that claim. I'm probably a neo nazi now for saying that.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
on the ep with pete holmes as a guest, joe brought up what a great dude Milo is and how the berkeley antifa are bad. Joe is a fascist sympathiser and a big dumb "so much for the tolerant left" babby. sincerely hope this helps

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
i don't have to substantiate poo poo, fascists deserve to be met with violence, the language they deal in and only one they listen to

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
oh also libertarianism is a mental illness

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

crazy cloud posted:

i don't have to substantiate poo poo, fascists deserve to be met with violence, the language they deal in and only one they listen to

do you not like them?

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Lovechop posted:

do you not like them?

I love them, and as such, want only the best for them

the best thing for them is to not be fascists anymore

this can happen in one of two ways :twisted:

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

crazy cloud posted:

>"I don't have to substantiate why I'm justified in being violent towards people I disagree with"

You are insane and dangerous. This is some scary stuff, ladies & gentlemen.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
good thank you

it has been too long since the left was scary, when we lost malcolm x we lost the war

proponents of violent and oppressive white supremacist ideology should be afraid

it is out of this fear, and only out of this fear, that they willingly negotiate toward something even remotely resembling humane and non racist sexist homophobic policy

reasoning with them without making them afraid first is a fool's errand. As evidence I cite american history, Carter era through Trump

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
Nice trolling dude. Listen fellow SA posters, you should all study how this guy is trolling because we truly have a master in out mist.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Smeed posted:

Nice trolling dude. Listen fellow SA posters, you should all study how this guy is trolling because we truly have a master in out mist.

Sadly, I know people who think like that dude.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
if you can't say anything nice to the nazi, don't say anything at all!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

what does this have to do with the nabiru, mct oils, and humans as the sexual organs of the machines

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
crazy cloud seek therapy

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

beep by grandpa posted:

I don't think just talking to right wing people automatically makes you a right winger. That kind of thinking is some toxic purity horseshit that I think is bad for everyone. The thing I like the most about JRE is that he talks to everyone respectfully regardless of their politics and that's something I've aspired to do in my own life and I think I'm better for it. A little off topic but I really hate the trend now of cutting out others from their life completely because of their politics.

As far as I remember, Joe's always been centrist on average, criticizing the batshit on the left and right, But as we all know right of center on the topic of free speech/trigger warnings/outrage culture stuff, which is about where I am now so I sympathize with him. But even that is being pushed further and further to the right by the nutcases these days as the modern progressive fringe seem to have it out for free speech :shobon:

I don't think I've ever heard Joe hysterically yelling about poor people, black people or Mexicans for an hour straight like Carolla does but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I'm sure I'll get made fun of for this post but I just don't think that Carolla comparison is fair on the merit of the guests he's had on.

This is pretty much where I am at, nice post.

I haven't listened to the Nick Dip, episode yet, but always find him a breath of (rude) fresh air blowing through my cab, as once i run out of podcasts i pretty much just listen to NPR.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

beep by grandpa posted:

Nazis complain about free speech and whine about not getting even footing because they lack power, and once they get it, they squash opposition. You are falling into the trap of these MAGA chuds by actually thinking they are arguing in good faith. They don't want free speech, they want their viewpoints to be the only viewpoint to be had, and all else to be punished. The only people who have it out for free speech are fascists, the rest are reacting to their vileness.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Milo's speech targets individuals and exposes them to harm. I have no sympathy for that piece of poo poo and can't wait for him to meet an ignominious end to his 15 minutes of lovely terrible shrkreli fame

I also celebrate every time a nazi gets punched in the face. Do not give a gently caress about their speech, they would kill me if they had the chance.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
Most people don't care about your opinions and just want to bullshit about Joseph James Rogan.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
talking about joe being friendly with fascists: good

talking about why it is bad: bad

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
Labeling someone with a term as generic as the word "facist" is today: dumb

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
I just think calling them alt-right is too PC

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe
It's just tired bickering back and forth that's been done a million times before. Both sides just puts labels on the other that are so overused lately they dont even mean anything. It accomplishes nothing, sends no message other than "I'm mad at that stereotype of a person I've created in my head!" and shits up the thread.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Well lucky for you, you can actually discuss these things right here in this thread instead of thread policing. These guests aren't made up people, they exist and they have a (vile) following. But make no mistake, these people are white nationalists, and Joe gives them less poo poo than he did Stefan Molyneux. There are many terms I could give them, but fascist is very easy to understand, and ultimately what they are.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

CortezFantastic posted:

Well lucky for you, you can actually discuss these things right here in this thread instead of thread policing. These guests aren't made up people, they exist and they have a (vile) following. But make no mistake, these people are white nationalists, and Joe gives them less poo poo than he did Stefan Molyneux. There are many terms I could give them, but fascist is very easy to understand, and ultimately what they are.

wow amazing troll . wow

Decades
Apr 12, 2007

College Slice
Violence against literal Nazis has never for a moment not been fine since 39 at the latest. That said there are still currently very very few literal nazis. I'd say Richard Spencer counts and deserves whatever he gets, but I don't think Milo or any other guest Joe's had quite meet the bar.

More importantly I've been thinking lately about a lady Joe had on a few years back, good looking brunette whose name I can't recall at all, who was a radical advocate for a health movement essentially based on never being physically comfortable. It led her to the point of having no furniture in her house and not wearing a harness to carry her toddler, as it was the toddler's job to harden the gently caress up and latch on like a baby monkey. It was really interesting because the main idea of it was actually pretty convincing at first, but as the episode went on and she revealed the extremes that she took it to by the end of the podcast she had painted herself as a transparently actual crazy person. If anyone remembers the episode number I'd like to rewatch and peer back into that void.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

CortezFantastic posted:

There are many terms I could give them, but fascist is very easy to understand, and ultimately what they are.

Bro, terms like "facist" and "Nazi" have nearly 100 years of baggage attached to them. Hes hailing neither Benito Mussolini nor Adolf Hitler. And I'm sure Milo Yianappolos or whoever is the facist of the day would agree they're a little more nuanced than the textbook facist or else they'd just come out and say "Hey guys, I'm a facist!"

What qualities does he share with a facist? Why are they bad? What about him draws his fans and why do people really behind him? What's the root cause of people being so pissed they'd treat others like Nazis and facists treated people?

There is nothing constructive about labeling him especially when it's so overused.

IMO it's just proxy war/yelling match between two polar opposites of the political spectrum and we have D&D to argue that garbage.