Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

In Training posted:

Yeah. Western games suck

I'm currently playing Nioh/Yakuza 0/Fire Emblem Fates + have no choice but to agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I wish Horizon: Zero Dawn had gone for an at least vaguely interesting gameplay premise instead of being "Far Cry, but with robots." I mean, poo poo, there are even towers you climb to put icons on your map. That's something even UbiSoft knows people are getting tired of.

I like the idea of its setting quite a bit--verdant, overgrown post-apocalyptic settings are great. It's one of the reasons I love Hyper Light Drifter so much. But everything about the gameplay, from the generic "open world" design and the Far Cry-style crafting and skill trees and all of that, just turns me right off. Maybe it'll be a gem. Shadows of Mordor should have, by all rights, been a generic, lovely Arkham clone but this time there are orcs, but instead it was really fun and had some cool unique twists.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

But European devs made Hitman + Witcher 3 so maybe America is the problem

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

In Training posted:

Yeah. Western games suck

Help Im Alive posted:

maybe America is the problem

Shovel Knight :colbert:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
What does it say if the big reveal behind Horizon does in fact line up with the fake spoiler leaks that were circulating around a month ago and it was just that that apparent from the trailers?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

What does it say if the big reveal behind Horizon does in fact line up with the fake spoiler leaks that were circulating around a month ago and it was just that that apparent from the trailers?

What big reveal would that be? I don't mind being spoiled, I'm probably not going to play it.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Harrow posted:

What big reveal would that be? I don't mind being spoiled, I'm probably not going to play it.

(Might be a spoiler in retrospect if it turns out to come to pass) You are a robutt the entire time. Or at least an android. Cyborg. Half-person, half-machine.

I mean the main character's name is Aloy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shantae as well...there might be holes in my theory...

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

(Might be a spoiler in retrospect if it turns out to come to pass) You are a robutt the entire time. Or at least an android. Cyborg. Half-person, half-machine.

Oh come the gently caress on.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Hahaha I hope that's true because that'd be such a gloriously dumb twist. I sorta doubt it, but man I'd love it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Harrow posted:

I wish Horizon: Zero Dawn had gone for an at least vaguely interesting gameplay premise instead of being "Far Cry, but with robots." I mean, poo poo, there are even towers you climb to put icons on your map. That's something even UbiSoft knows people are getting tired of.

I like the idea of its setting quite a bit--verdant, overgrown post-apocalyptic settings are great. It's one of the reasons I love Hyper Light Drifter so much. But everything about the gameplay, from the generic "open world" design and the Far Cry-style crafting and skill trees and all of that, just turns me right off. Maybe it'll be a gem. Shadows of Mordor should have, by all rights, been a generic, lovely Arkham clone but this time there are orcs, but instead it was really fun and had some cool unique twists.

Now every time I see the title of that game, I can hear that terrible voice actor doing his nebbish line readings

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

In Training posted:

Shantae as well...there might be holes in my theory...

WayForward has made lovely games too.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
At least thanks to MGSV it won't be the biggest plot twist a huge amount of people called from the reveal trailer this gen.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

That twist may have been pretty obvious, but it took me the ending of the game to realize the significance behind The Man Who Sold the World and I still think that was a brilliant choice of opening song

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Viewtiful Jew posted:

That sounds like something that could be true but not be a big twist, like it's something you find out halfway through the game so you can unlock a new tree of skills and moves.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

At least thanks to MGSV it won't be the biggest plot twist a huge amount of people called from the reveal trailer this gen.

Seriously. I (and a lot of other people) called it from the very first story trailer, as soon as Miller said, "What about him?", and then the camera zoomed out. They gave it away right then.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is mass effect 4 going to have kevin sorbo dlc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's also not much of a twist since that's also the first scene of the game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

And you know. The first thing you do.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the music in the mgsv trailer was really good

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

oddium posted:

the music in the mgsv trailer was really good
Also really appropriate, being about demons, phonies, 'speak a different language,' etc.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

not your kind of people and man who sold the world were good choices, and i can't wait to listen to uh. david bowie's Five Years in death stranding

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

precision posted:

I got all excited but then realized I already own all the really really good ones on there. But anyone who doesn't holy poo poo this is amazing.

I don't own any of this but I have a mac. Still worth it?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/status/831628052106969088

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

oddium posted:

not your kind of people and man who sold the world were good choices, and i can't wait to listen to uh. david bowie's Five Years in death stranding

That I'll Keep Coming song was pretty catchy

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Is halo wars 2 gonna suck rear end

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Razzled posted:

How could it not?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

oddium posted:

The game takes place in a place called Suffragette City and let's just say that
Norman Reedus and his pal, Joe the Lion, go through some pretty drastic Changes

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Razzled posted:

Looking forward to more All Units memes

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

At this point I have to believe this Twitter is actually employed by SEGA in some way that ensures plausible deniability. Like, the guy probably gets paid in cash once a month by a mysterious man in an eyepatch.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

tap my mountain posted:

The game takes place in a place called Suffragette City and let's just say that
Norman Reedus and his pal, Joe the Lion, go through some pretty drastic Changes

don't spoil it for me

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Chomp8645 posted:

How could it not?

idk maybe it sucks dick

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Social media is pure cancer.

Or it can be very useful for business and stuff, but yeah, it's hard to filter out the garbage

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=34FnsPz8tGrft4W*

Stardew valley.

* = 3rd letter in my username.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Razzled posted:

Real, not chat-thread-snark talk: I played the Blitz beta on PC and it was pretty fun, if obviously unbalanced. It's a deck-based mode meant to be played within about 10 minutes where you need to capture and hold points around the map and vacuum up randomly falling resource crystals while building your army with them. There's daily and weekly challenges--possibly a first for an RTS--which means you're consistently getting new units and levelling up old ones, though I can see the levelling system in particular leading to some one-sided matches if their matchmaking isn't up to snuff or there just aren't a lot of people playing it.

Which is a distinct possibility, what with it being a Windows Store game.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Yoink! Might as well see what all the fuss is about.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

Mordja posted:

Real, not chat-thread-snark talk: I played the Blitz beta on PC and it was pretty fun, if obviously unbalanced. It's a deck-based mode meant to be played within about 10 minutes where you need to capture and hold points around the map and vacuum up randomly falling resource crystals while building your army with them. There's daily and weekly challenges--possibly a first for an RTS--which means you're consistently getting new units and levelling up old ones, though I can see the levelling system in particular leading to some one-sided matches if their matchmaking isn't up to snuff or there just aren't a lot of people playing it.

Which is a distinct possibility, what with it being a Windows Store game.

oh cool, i didn't realize it was designed to be such quick short play sessions ala hearthstone

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Razzled posted:

oh cool, i didn't realize it was designed to be such quick short play sessions ala hearthstone

That's one mode, and the only one that was in the PC beta. There's a traditional RTS one too but I've never played the first HW so I can't speak to that.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Lizard Wizard posted:

Yoink! Might as well see what all the fuss is about.

Enjoy! I figured I'd find it boring or lose factorio amounts of time, both are tasks better left to someone else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Rats! It's the only game I really want in that package

• Locked thread