Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Railing Kill posted:

Exactly. "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful what we pretend to be." Aptly, this is from a book, Mother Night, about someone pretending to be a Nazi.

Also: Pewdiepie is a screeching moron and he's the reason I can't stand to watch 95% of let's plays. gently caress that guy.
What do you guys think about this Nazi? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0fksEpiUFk

Granted, Pewdie is a moron and I won't miss still never seeing him, but his main issues are dumb jokes and a stupid audience.

HardDiskD posted:

I don't think that's how you jump over a waist-high wall.
In cases like this you'll often see that the person (or animal) slipped on the ground, causing them to miss the jump, but here it appears that she did everything exactly as planned. I have no idea how that was supposed to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Not allegedly. Even after the insanely high taxes of his home country, his net worth is something like $50 million+.

He was born rich & moved to England to avoid paying Swedish taxes once he started youtubing. gently caress him.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

mobby_6kl posted:

In cases like this you'll often see that the person (or animal) slipped on the ground, causing them to miss the jump, but here it appears that she did everything exactly as planned. I have no idea how that was supposed to work.

It looks like they wanted to do a forward somersault over the wall but jumped way too late.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Powaqoatse posted:

He was born rich & moved to England to avoid paying Swedish taxes once he started youtubing. gently caress him.

drat what a missed opportunity for him. If he had moved to the US with his money, he could have turned the key on the nuclear football.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Can someone clear this up, are Swedish people garbagio as I always assumed they were?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

ElGroucho posted:

Can someone clear this up, are Swedish people garbagio as I always assumed they were?

Other than the bikini team, yes

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

ElGroucho posted:

They were pretty tolerant until people unlike them started showing up.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

ElGroucho posted:

yup

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Jippa posted:

This comes across like pewdiepie trying to be "edgy" to shed his image of being some one that 11 year olds like. "No seriously guys I like pepe memes as well."

Nah he's always been a faux-edgy screechy memelord. A lot of his early videos had him basically just shouting 'rape' over and over for no reason.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

ElGroucho posted:

They helped Hitler during WW2.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
We're great, thanks for asking

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

In my head, I can hear the guy in white sighing as he draws.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Grey Fox posted:

In my head, I can hear the guy in white sighing as he draws.

I prefer the woman in green's, "Well, I guess I'm going to have to wait a while, now."

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

drat what a missed opportunity for him. If he had moved to the US with his money, he could have turned the key on the nuclear football.

Aside from letting everyone know who the guy who holds the football is, how is it such a terrible thing to get a selfie with it? it's not just a box with a big red button on it. You still need the president to actually go through the verification process. At best stealing the football would mean America can't retaliate as quickly if there was a nuclear exchange. And if you're close enough to steal it, you';re close enough to kill the president which would probably have bigger impact with less risk to the offending country that organised it. Theoretically.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Ladbrokes are offering the current odds on Trump not lasting the year:

quote:

He may be not even a fortnight into his role as the 45th President of the United States, and our odds suggest Donald Trump might not last the year in the Oval Office.

The businessman’s Presidency has been riddled with controversy thus far, and it’s just 7/2 that Trump is replaced in the White House before 2017 is over.

Meanwhile it’s just 11/10 that Trump leaves his post via impeachment or resignation during his first term, and that price has shortened into Evens in recent weeks.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The last time we had stuff like it lead to Guardian journalists losing their life savings after betting against Trump. :shepface:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Outrail posted:

Aside from letting everyone know who the guy who holds the football is, how is it such a terrible thing to get a selfie with it? it's not just a box with a big red button on it. You still need the president to actually go through the verification process. At best stealing the football would mean America can't retaliate as quickly if there was a nuclear exchange. And if you're close enough to steal it, you';re close enough to kill the president which would probably have bigger impact with less risk to the offending country that organised it. Theoretically.

It's part of a huge number of security blunders Trump made at Mar-a-Lago, including using phone flashlights to go over sensitive intelligence documents in full view of the diners. The combined result is that he just kinda threw security out the window and had all of his rich buddies walking around classified documents lying out in the open and taking selfies with the guy holding the nuclear launch codes. It may not work if someone stole them, but stealing them would be an absolutely awful thing for our security.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Outrail posted:

I think the actual thing also contains information about secret locations of our own arsenal as well as possible plans and whatnot for targets. There's probably a bunch of information that would be...bad if it were stolen but yeah it's still probably the least of the blunders on that night.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

chitoryu12 posted:

It's part of a huge number of security blunders Trump made at Mar-a-Lago, including using phone flashlights to go over sensitive intelligence documents in full view of the diners. The combined result is that he just kinda threw security out the window and had all of his rich buddies walking around classified documents lying out in the open and taking selfies with the guy holding the nuclear launch codes. It may not work if someone stole them, but stealing them would be an absolutely awful thing for our security.

And it's coming from the administration that absolutely ran on badmouthing their opponent's own security.

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

TotalLossBrain posted:

And it's coming from the administration that absolutely ran on badmouthing their opponent's own security.

This image is going to be getting mileage for years

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Garrand posted:

I think the actual thing also contains information about secret locations of our own arsenal as well as possible plans and whatnot for targets. There's probably a bunch of information that would be...bad if it were stolen but yeah it's still probably the least of the blunders on that night.

According to what's publicly known it includes all of the pre-made strike options for the president and a list of classified sites for the President to be taken to in an emergency. Even if an enemy state couldn't actually launch nukes with the contents, it would blow the lid wide open on our nuclear capabilities and the location of a lot of secure facilities.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

mobby_6kl posted:

What do you guys think about this Nazi? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0fksEpiUFk

Granted, Pewdie is a moron and I won't miss still never seeing him, but his main issues are dumb jokes and a stupid audience.

The difference between Bill Hicks and Pewdiepie is, as you say, both a comic and an audience that understands it as ironic and having a purpose outside of what it said. Pewdiepie essentially pulled the "it's a prank!" card, and had no actually subversive weight behind anything he did, up to and including the anti-Semitic "joke."

Oh yeah. That's the good poo poo. Mmmmm hmmmmmm

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Scruff McGruff posted:

This image is going to be getting mileage for years

wow hilary clinton must have been a bad candidate

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

FAROOQ posted:

wow hilary clinton must have been a bad candidate

She was a bad candidate whom we nonetheless have to thank for the hilarious comedy goldmine that is the Trump Administration. Daily lols (before the nukes start flying, anyways)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I said Trump would be worth electing just for the entertainment value and I stand by that.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

I said Trump would be worth electing just for the entertainment value and I stand by that.

:respek:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

chitoryu12 posted:

All his rich customers. Dude's lacking in friends.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

My money was on resignation before the term was over, but I have to admit that the escalating scandals that make it harder and harder to ignore the blatant corruption has been making me think that having him out by November was a distinct possibility. Not necessarily impeached; he could easily pull a Nixon when things get really bad. It's just that before I was figuring he'd pull a Palin and resign the office for more lucrative things once he'd looted everything he could from it and now it's a three way race between his health giving out, the Republicans realizing that if they impeach him early enough then it won't even have an effect on the mid-terms, and Trump fleeing to Russia.

Cover my Eyes
Mar 31, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

My money was on resignation before the term was over, but I have to admit that the escalating scandals that make it harder and harder to ignore the blatant corruption has been making me think that having him out by November was a distinct possibility. Not necessarily impeached; he could easily pull a Nixon when things get really bad. It's just that before I was figuring he'd pull a Palin and resign the office for more lucrative things once he'd looted everything he could from it and now it's a three way race between his health giving out, the Republicans realizing that if they impeach him early enough then it won't even have an effect on the mid-terms, and Trump fleeing to Russia.

That would be hilarious if he fled to Russia.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

mobby_6kl posted:

Hicks copped a lot of poo poo for that when what he was actually saying was that all humans should have been fed to the ovens. He wasn't a nazi, he was a misanthrope.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Outrail posted:

Besides the stuff people already mentioned, membership at Mar-A-Lago costs $200,000. Now everyone knows that if you pay to be a membership there, you get to see the White House in action! Being able to pay for access to the President and see the executive branch play out it's role on the table in front of you is basically the thing that Trump accused Clinton of.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

idgi?

is the schadenfreude on me for encountering your vapid wit?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Nice. It's like a joke from 1920

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

took me a sec, but :bravo:

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

FAROOQ posted:

idgi?

is the schadenfreude on me for encountering your vapid wit?

A blind umpire would be bad at his job.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

hmmm yes lemme reply to FAROOQ real quick here that's a good plan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Ride The Gravitron posted:

A blind umpire would be bad at his job.

Oh right because no-one else might encounter this room. Silly me, it's not a loving stupid post after all