Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Hahah, good luck boycotting Disney.

e: Good to see people don't understand what free speech is and don't understand that it doesn't apply to a corporation policing the people they have business deals with. Disney might play a lot of games to get their way when it comes to copyright law but they're not the government. But I'm preaching to the choir here, we're all smart enough to know this.

ONE YEAR LATER fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Feb 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I said come in! posted:

There was also that Fire Emblem game on 3DS where you had to buy multiple copies of the game to get the full single player.

This is dumber than complaining that you have to buy multiple copies of Pokemon to get the full pokedex.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Hard to believe persona 5 was supposed to come out stateside today.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

You're all beautiful in this thread, happy Valentine's day :love:

https://twitter.com/ratioalae/status/831497013820792832

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/NotBrunoAgain/status/831706131013726208

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Guy Mann posted:

Fidelity may have improved but I'd still take anyone in OG Mass Effect over Female Richard Spencer and Non-Threatening Black Guy in Andromeda.

LOL that :stare: from hipster lady.

Is there an official list of teammates yet? I never really thought they surpassed ME2's cast. I thought ME3's cast sucked, give me Jack/Miranda/Thane/Moridin over the white-bread boring poo poo of Ashley/Kaiden and Vega any day of the week.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

thane... my siha...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

In an alternate universe I've been playing Persona 5 since midnight last night and haven't peed yet

Japan sounds great

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
picked up The Ezio Collection, and goddamn I forgot how fun Assassin's Creed used to be

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

MinibarMatchman posted:

LOL that :stare: from hipster lady.

Is there an official list of teammates yet? I never really thought they surpassed ME2's cast. I thought ME3's cast sucked, give me Jack/Miranda/Thane/Moridin over the white-bread boring poo poo of Ashley/Kaiden and Vega any day of the week.

ME2 had the best RPG side cast outside New Vegas and SR: HK. I don't see new Bioware with most of the ME2 writers gone topping it.

Edit: gonna add "relatively recent" as a qualifier as well

bloodychill fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Feb 15, 2017

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

The new Mass Effect characters looked like they stepped right out of a cutscene in the XCom remake.

Hey, the X-com cutscenes were neat and charming.

Cardboard Box A posted:

Saint's Row 2 didn't look very good, but it remains the best

:hfive:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Mass Effect Andromeda is one of the more aggressively ugly games I've seen recently. God the faces just look so horrible.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Kudos to BioWare for realizing that the beauty standards set in media are terribly unrealistic. I like this new approach of theirs.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

MinibarMatchman posted:

lol

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3806778&userid=172204

Lumpy please chill and smoke some weed or something you bitter weirdo

Jesus loving christ

Oh, uh, Andromeda sure looks aesthetically ugly.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Happy Valentine's Day

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
somehow the art for the new mass effect got worse, did the cyropods for the ship that escape the milky way made people ugly?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I remember back when a position at Gamestop was the gamer dream job before the dream job was making an indie game before the dream job was making a Minecraft clone before the gamer dream job was playing a Minecraft clone on youtube.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Their weird ability senses what you like, CJacobs. They use your google search.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

all the game store clerks i knew growing up wished they were debug slaves for like thq or whoever back then

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

all the game store clerks i knew growing up wished they were debug slaves for like thq or whoever back then

Grass is greener.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
sign my petition to bring back dr. bad-boon in the next super monkey ball game that is definitely happening

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am really excited for ME:Andromeda. Lady Videogames pre-ordered it for me for my birthday last year because she knows how much I love the original trilogy.
I hope it has the same feel as ME1 as well!

My ideal ME would be the interesting 'what ifs' from ME1, the Mako from ME1, the inventory from ME1, the lowkey story from ME1 and the refined gameplay from ME3. ME3 is my favourite of the series so as close to that with all the things from ME1 would make me a very happy VG!

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.
Have you also seen the video with that Asaris voice actor? It made me cringe, another Bioware typical 'shes so kooky but loveable!' character they insist on putting in that most find insufferable. The recent trailer with the other characters all just looked awful too. Really boring. ME2 is still the best cast in the series. I kinda don't know what to think on Andromeda, I thought it would be at least as good as Inquisition (good not great) but its all looking awful and theres so little info compared to DA:I.

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

VideoGames posted:

I am really excited for ME:Andromeda. Lady Videogames pre-ordered it for me for my birthday last year because she knows how much I love the original trilogy.

My ideal ME would be the interesting 'what ifs' from ME1, the Mako from ME1, the inventory from ME1, the lowkey story from ME1 and the refined gameplay from ME3. ME3 is my favourite of the series so as close to that with all the things from ME1 would make me a very happy VG!

Right now I've been assuming DA:I with more shooting in spaaaaaace but I don't know how many environments etc there are. The writing doesn't look super hot so far and characters look pretty bad but I'm hoping it pulls it out the bag. I was getting more ME1 vibes but as we get closer they are dwindling. Apparently Mike Gamble said something like its not open world? I did think they classed Inquisition as open world so I'm not sure what that means.

Hope there are lots of pretty varied environments to explore at least.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

VideoGames posted:

:crossarms:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I know. I have strange opinions and tastes about video games. I always have done.
I loved the crazy loot from ME1. All the switching around to try different combinations and what not.

I've never played DA:I because I didn't like Dragon Age Origins too much. I'd just come from ME1 and thought "Cool another game by the same people!" but the combat of clicking and waiting never really stuck with me. I also missed ME's dialogue choices with the surprise at what the actual line was after I'd picked an idea of something. I tried to go back to it a while ago and after about ten hours I kind of stopped.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

VideoGames posted:

I know. I have strange opinions and tastes about video games. I always have done.
I loved the crazy loot from ME1. All the switching around to try different combinations and what not.

I've never played DA:I because I didn't like Dragon Age Origins too much. I'd just come from ME1 and thought "Cool another game by the same people!" but the combat of clicking and waiting never really stuck with me. I also missed ME's dialogue choices with the surprise at what the actual line was after I'd picked an idea of something. I tried to go back to it a while ago and after about ten hours I kind of stopped.

I'm mostly skeptical because as cool as all the weird loot in ME1 is, that interface was....hoo boy. Individually selling or dropping things was a massive pain, and I grew to fear picking up loot more than I did my enemies. So if they fix that problem and keep the cool stuff, I'll be good!

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

VideoGames posted:

I've never played DA:I because I didn't like Dragon Age Origins too much. I'd just come from ME1 and thought "Cool another game by the same people!"

Had you not played a Bioware game really before ME1? Did you get it for the 360 or something? Maybe its because I did but I always just assume people are playing Bioware games on the PC.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Blackfyre posted:

Had you not played a Bioware game really before ME1? Did you get it for the 360 or something? Maybe its because I did but I always just assume people are playing Bioware games on the PC.

This is exactly true. ME1 was my first bioware game and I played it on the 360. Since then I played Dragon Age origins (didn't like) ME2 (didn't have nearly as much fun) ME3 (loved!) Neverwinter Nights (played about three hours and put down) and that's it really. My bestie was all excited for ME1 and I didn't know why. The trailers made it look really dull. He got the game for christmas and told me to create a character and play it. I loved it so much that I got it for my 360 and beat it before he did. That went for every other game and DLC in the series.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Baldur's Gate 2 is my favorite BioWare game. Kotor was also amazing at the time of release, one of the best Star Wars games ever made (although it aged badly). I was actually surprised that it was BioWare that made MDK2 which I really enjoyed as well. Sure I liked Mass Effect games but not as much as those earlier titles. Dragon Age games bore me to death.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

StrixNebulosa posted:

I'm mostly skeptical because as cool as all the weird loot in ME1 is, that interface was....hoo boy. Individually selling or dropping things was a massive pain, and I grew to fear picking up loot more than I did my enemies. So if they fix that problem and keep the cool stuff, I'll be good!

I used to turn most things into omni gel if I didn't like it. I always seemed to be swimming in money.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

"Hitler was right to"

Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

Palpek posted:

Baldur's Gate 2 is my favorite BioWare game. Kotor was also amazing at the time of release

This is an opinion I agree with. I did enjoy DA:O but it wasn't fantastic really sniffed its own lore farts a bit and was lightly impacted by EA takeover as they changed tack towards the end of release adding the Origins subtitle and SO GORY AND HARDCORE marketing (hello 30STM trailer music). DA2 was such a disappointing misstep for BW and DA:I was enjoyable enough but combat doesn't feel great and can get very lore-y too. NPCs are no where near as good as they were in BG or ME2 either.

Videogames what format you picking up ME:A for? If it turns out to be cool I was going to grab it for my PC as usual to go with the rest but I'm tempted by Pro compatibility. Not sure how it might work on PS4 but assuming it would be fine.

To be fair though I spent a bomb on a new PC two years ago for it to do most of my gaming on like I always used too but have spent more time on consoles the last two years. Been much more convenient and had come great games. Really loving Yakuza and Nioh atm.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Dragon Age: Origins was a fun RPG but I can never bring myself to replay it because there is a whole lot of jank and bullshit. And also the Deep Roads.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've started Origins multiple times but never actually managed to finish it. Sadly I did finish DA2...

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Blackfyre posted:

Videogames what format you picking up ME:A for? If it turns out to be cool I was going to grab it for my PC as usual to go with the rest but I'm tempted by Pro compatibility. Not sure how it might work on PS4 but assuming it would be fine.

Apparently my pre-order is for the PC! That's all I've been told. She's sneaky like that.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
is the yo-yo fighting in Nioh good? this is probably the #1 question making me wonder if i want to buy it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
Can I just jump into Etrian Odyssey IV without having played any of the previous games?

• Locked thread