Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

euphronius posted:

Starting to feel like the world is gonna have to regime change Russia

ots a nuclear power tho

ittll bw iran style isolating sanxtions plus if we have done Obama-smart peopld involvrd, keeping oul prices low af per varrel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

logikv9 posted:

*quick cut of scenes from the inauguration all the way to a nuclear fireball as the drum beat gets louder*

I'm the included scenes in this quick cut that were cut from the final edit of the episode, like barron flipping his father off and Ivanka doing a day as press secretary

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Wikkheiser posted:

Article here today about Russian elites getting skittish. There's reasons for hope and optimism from their point of view buuuut:

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/02/13/the-kremlin-is-starting-to-worry-about-trump/

Mainly:

+ Russia has punched above its weight by being unpredictable and keeping the world off balance, forcing foreign capitals to react to Russian moves. Now, nobody is reacting to Putin, but to Trump.

+ They worry Trump could be overthrown or killed, which would precede a "virulent and bipartisan anti-Russian campaign in Washington. Oddly, therefore, Putin has become a hostage to Trump’s survival and success. This has seriously restricted Russia’s geopolitical options."

+ "The Russian government fears not only Trump’s downfall, of course, but also the possibility that he could opportunistically switch to a tough anti-Moscow line in order to make peace with hawkish Republican leaders in Congress."

+ The Russians are not interested in joining an anti-China coalition of the kind Steve Bannon would probably desire. The Kremlin also can't afford to indulge in anti-Islam rhetoric since Russia has 20 million Muslims, and Islamic puppet republics.

+ "What is especially dangerous from the Kremlin’s perspective is that certain nationalistic circles in Russia are falling in love with Trump’s insurrectionary approach." Note that Russian nationalism does not necessarily equal pro-Putin.

lol putin was trying to take the reigns of global fascism but everyone hyper-focused on trump

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wikkheiser posted:

Article here today about Russian elites getting skittish. There's reasons for hope and optimism from their point of view buuuut:

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/02/13/the-kremlin-is-starting-to-worry-about-trump/

Mainly:

+ Russia has punched above its weight by being unpredictable and keeping the world off balance, forcing foreign capitals to react to Russian moves. Now, nobody is reacting to Putin, but to Trump.

+ They worry Trump could be overthrown or killed, which would precede a "virulent and bipartisan anti-Russian campaign in Washington. Oddly, therefore, Putin has become a hostage to Trump’s survival and success. This has seriously restricted Russia’s geopolitical options."

+ "The Russian government fears not only Trump’s downfall, of course, but also the possibility that he could opportunistically switch to a tough anti-Moscow line in order to make peace with hawkish Republican leaders in Congress."

+ The Russians are not interested in joining an anti-China coalition of the kind Steve Bannon would probably desire. The Kremlin also can't afford to indulge in anti-Islam rhetoric since Russia has 20 million Muslims, and Islamic puppet republics.

+ "What is especially dangerous from the Kremlin’s perspective is that certain nationalistic circles in Russia are falling in love with Trump’s insurrectionary approach." Note that Russian nationalism does not necessarily equal pro-Putin.

Fascinating

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Wikkheiser posted:

Mainly:

:laffo:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Wikkheiser posted:

Mainly:

Russian Politician: "Comrade, I fear things are beginning to matter in America"
Nihilist: "Nyet, nothing matters"

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Time Is Already Running Out on Our Democracy, Says Expert
http://www.alternet.org/election-2016/time-already-running-out-our-democracy-says-expert

hehehe

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Wikkheiser posted:

Mainly:

i love the idea that trump is too loving trump america's ID for russia to handle

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
"I don't have any I there's nothing that would conclude me that anything different has changed with respect to that time period."

- A clip of Spicy that we're gonna see a WHOLE BUNCH

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

people need to stop thinking trump's insane voters matter

they will vote republican no matter who is on the ticket

their goldfish memory will allow them to move on

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

owns

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Powered Descent posted:

Needs a tiny hand imo

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

as long as the republican party exists, flyover/rural idiots will check the box with the 'R'

they are very, very, very good at falling in line to vote

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

also why is everyone suddenly turbo-doomsaying now that actual consequences are happening?

like the world wasn't ending when trump was doing whatever he wanted but now that he's starting to be actively opposed the world is doomed???

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

triple sulk posted:

people need to stop thinking trump's insane voters matter

they will vote republican no matter who is on the ticket

their goldfish memory will allow them to move on

move on from what

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Baloogan posted:

move on from what

img-trump-huge.png

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared

:discourse:

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Yinlock posted:

also why is everyone suddenly turbo-doomsaying now that actual consequences are happening?

like the world wasn't ending when trump was doing whatever he wanted but now that he's starting to be actively opposed the world is doomed???

People just like panicking

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Yinlock posted:

because we remember when the narrative finally turned during the election and things started to matter

and we remember what happened after that

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Ya know, I think Dante and Randall would make a great President/VP.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Yinlock posted:

inflated expectation tempering based on the end result of literally every trump scandal in the past year

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Squizzle posted:

It's a nuclear power though.

It'll be Iran-style isolating sanctions, plus, if we have some Obama-smart people involved, keeping oil prices low as gently caress per barrel

I am thinking of something along those lines - the Arabian peninsula powers running OPEC know Russia is more than willing to gently caress them over geopolitically and will be more than happy to continue "retaining market share" with high production levels to keep Russia poor as hell. After a while of this Russians will do what they do best, the Putin family will cease to exist, and we'll reset the timer.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Yinlock posted:

no it won't because the gop don't and have never cared about what their voters think

they tell their voters what to think

Bullshit. They told their voters not to vote for Trump and that didn't loving work out very well. The GOP is terrified of their base and only manages to control it by rigging the nomination process with a flood of money, when the establishment can't do that it fails and the crazies take control.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Baloogan posted:

now i cheer on THE PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TRUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!

HES NOT YOUR FUKKEN PRESIDENT GO CHEER KISSY KISSY PRETTY BOY FRENCHIE MACCUCKLESWORTH

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

crazy cloud posted:

I'm the included scenes in this quick cut that were cut from the final edit of the episode, like barron flipping his father off and Ivanka doing a day as press secretary

CJ was the best press sec, when Allison Janney started wanting a bigger role they should have just ended the show

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Man make a wish is getting kinda weird, letting a seventy year old billionaire play president for three weeks before he succombs to terminal treason seems like a waste of funds

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

:ducksiren:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

bond: m, i've found baron evilstein's space laser, i'm going to shut it down

m: oh my god we're all going to die

bond: i'm stopping it right now

m: holy poo poo you're stopping it jesus the world is ending

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

like think about it

this neon orange chucklefuck needledick who probably can't read has managed to:

- steal the voters the gop has been grooming for 30 years and turn them into a death cult
- caused the democrats to self destruct, as trump broke the brains of the centrists and sent the left into a frothing rage
- wreck the political aspirations of both of the most powerful political dynasties in america
- sent the russian oligarchs that handled him into a paranoid death spiral because they know he's going to go and the backlash is going to be nuts

like he isn't even trying or probably aware of the fact that he's shattered common political knowledge and he's still loving going at it

TRUMP!
TRUMP!
TRUMP!

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
putin misjudging world powers and getting himself balls deep in a terrible situation of his own making?

quelle surprise

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

HES NOT YOUR FUKKEN PRESIDENT GO CHEER KISSY KISSY PRETTY BOY FRENCHIE MACCUCKLESWORTH

he is the president of peckerwoods planetwide

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

Lol Baloogan can't stand having a president that looks normal so he has to cheerlead for Trump.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
*shows 2 second clip of the USS George Bush falling from the sky over the White House*

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the gop should be caring more about the moderates they have a hold of than the far right because none of them are gonna want to hear about the dude they voted for being a traitor working for russia

depending on how deep this rabbit hole goes things could get very bad and it doesn't matter if it isn't particularly domestic, even though foreign relations are domestic issues when you break it down

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Yinlock posted:

bond: m, i've found baron evilstein's space laser, i'm going to shut it down

m: oh my god we're all going to die

bond: i'm stopping it right now

m: holy poo poo you're stopping it jesus the world is ending
this is a variant of stockholm syndrome where when things are so bad for so long they're instantly scared of the possibility of things getting better so they continue self-destructivism :kiddo:

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared

Schnorkles posted:

putin misjudging world powers and getting himself balls deep in a terrible situation of his own making?

quelle surprise

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

triple sulk posted:

as long as the republican party exists, flyover/rural idiots will check the box with the 'R'

they are very, very, very good at falling in line to vote

Keep talking about them like that and they'll keep doing it.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Business Gorillas posted:

like think about it

this neon orange chucklefuck needledick who probably can't read has managed to:

- steal the voters the gop has been grooming for 30 years and turn them into a death cult
- caused the democrats to self destruct, as trump broke the brains of the centrists and sent the left into a frothing rage
- wreck the political aspirations of both of the most powerful political dynasties in america
- sent the russian oligarchs that handled him into a paranoid death spiral because they know he's going to go and the backlash is going to be nuts

like he isn't even trying or probably aware of the fact that he's shattered common political knowledge and he's still loving going at it

TRUMP!
TRUMP!
TRUMP!

:kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

End of Life Guy posted:

"I don't have any I there's nothing that would conclude me that anything different has changed with respect to that time period."

- A clip of Spicy that we're gonna see a WHOLE BUNCH

am i having a stroke

• Locked thread