Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

speng31b posted:

inflated expectation tempering based on the end result of literally every trump scandal in the past year

this is why I'm not letting myself get excited, all five hundred other things that were supposed to sink him didn't, so gently caress if this is gonna work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Tainen posted:

Hey nite crew I just got off of a long 14 hour day at work, anything cool happen today?

everything is pretty boring

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

speng31b posted:

inflated expectation tempering based on the end result of literally every trump scandal in the past year

i feel like just shrugging and going "lol nothing matters/i hope the world burns" doesn't even remotely help though

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Yinlock posted:

bond: m, i've found baron evilstein's space laser, i'm going to shut it down

m: oh my god we're all going to die

bond: i'm stopping it right now

m: holy poo poo you're stopping it jesus the world is ending

bond: ha ha ha just kidding I can't disarm it after all

m: oh whew business as normal then

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Yinlock posted:

also why is everyone suddenly turbo-doomsaying now that actual consequences are happening?

like the world wasn't ending when trump was doing whatever he wanted but now that he's starting to be actively opposed the world is doomed???
It's people who come to this thread wanting to commiserate and wallow in the jizz pool of a nihilistic circlejerk and getting angry when everyone else is having things like hope and fun and a feeling that maybe we don't have to have another drink tonight.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Trump!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Wikkheiser posted:

Article here today about Russian elites getting skittish. There's reasons for hope and optimism from their point of view buuuut:

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/02/13/the-kremlin-is-starting-to-worry-about-trump/

Mainly:

+ Russia has punched above its weight by being unpredictable and keeping the world off balance, forcing foreign capitals to react to Russian moves. Now, nobody is reacting to Putin, but to Trump.

+ They worry Trump could be overthrown or killed, which would precede a "virulent and bipartisan anti-Russian campaign in Washington. Oddly, therefore, Putin has become a hostage to Trump’s survival and success. This has seriously restricted Russia’s geopolitical options."

+ "The Russian government fears not only Trump’s downfall, of course, but also the possibility that he could opportunistically switch to a tough anti-Moscow line in order to make peace with hawkish Republican leaders in Congress."

+ The Russians are not interested in joining an anti-China coalition of the kind Steve Bannon would probably desire. The Kremlin also can't afford to indulge in anti-Islam rhetoric since Russia has 20 million Muslims, and Islamic puppet republics.

+ "What is especially dangerous from the Kremlin’s perspective is that certain nationalistic circles in Russia are falling in love with Trump’s insurrectionary approach." Note that Russian nationalism does not necessarily equal pro-Putin.

you mess w a tiger, you get tge horns

discoukulele
Jan 16, 2010

Yes Sir, I Can Boogie
dammit, give trump his phone back, i want a tweet.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Human Crouton posted:

Keep talking about them like that and they'll keep doing it.

literally nothing you can do can make them vote otherwise until the entire education system is gutted, amongst other things

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Yinlock posted:

no it won't because the gop don't and have never cared about what their voters think

they tell their voters what to think

This hasn't been the case since 2012.

See RINO hunting, see Cantor'ing, see Bohner'ing, see Trump.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

triple sulk posted:

the gop should be caring more about the moderates they have a hold of than the far right because none of them are gonna want to hear about the dude they voted for being a traitor working for russia

depending on how deep this rabbit hole goes things could get very bad and it doesn't matter if it isn't particularly domestic, even though foreign relations are domestic issues when you break it down

One reason they are completely paralyzed over health care

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Yinlock posted:

no it won't because the gop don't and have never cared about what their voters think

they tell their voters what to think

How many Superdelegates does the Republican party have?

peeonwe
Mar 3, 2010

by zen death robot

Yinlock posted:

also why is everyone suddenly turbo-doomsaying now that actual consequences are happening?

like the world wasn't ending when trump was doing whatever he wanted but now that he's starting to be actively opposed the world is doomed???

Some people itt act like there's something impressive about out-cynicaling everybody else.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Business Gorillas posted:

like think about it

this neon orange chucklefuck needledick who probably can't read has managed to:

- steal the voters the gop has been grooming for 30 years and turn them into a death cult
- caused the democrats to self destruct, as trump broke the brains of the centrists and sent the left into a frothing rage
- wreck the political aspirations of both of the most powerful political dynasties in america
- sent the russian oligarchs that handled him into a paranoid death spiral because they know he's going to go and the backlash is going to be nuts

like he isn't even trying or probably aware of the fact that he's shattered common political knowledge and he's still loving going at it

TRUMP!
TRUMP!
TRUMP!

He's the great filter incarnated.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Chokes McGee posted:

bond: ha ha ha just kidding I can't disarm it after all

m: oh whew business as normal then

oh my god it's the normalization

we've normalized constant existential despair

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Yinlock posted:

i feel like just shrugging and going "lol nothing matters/i hope the world burns" doesn't even remotely help though

well

the actual message behind all this should be "the establishment will not save you, don't count on any one magic bullet to take Trump down, continue to protest and mock and donate"

but "lol no nothing matters" is funnier

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

triple sulk posted:

literally nothing you can do can make them vote otherwise until the entire education system is gutted, amongst other things

DeVos to the rescue.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Oh yeah let's all believe Russian propaganda, no I'm sure putin is just terrified of what trump will do, someone get the smelling salts

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yinlock posted:

That I actually understand. People are usually dangerous when their back is against the wall and they'll do anything to make it out. If the dominoes are finally actually falling, Trump and Co have got basically one chance at retaliation, and the GOP has one last chance at sinking with him/trying to keep him afloat/bailing altogether and letting him drown. This is the biggest time to continue the attacks because they'll be flailing

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

It's people who come to this thread wanting to commiserate and wallow in the jizz pool of a nihilistic circlejerk and getting angry when everyone else is having things like hope and fun and a feeling that maybe we don't have to have another drink tonight.

apathy is a disease

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The Human Crouton posted:

DeVos to the rescue.

:eng101:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

omg youre right

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

That I actually understand. People are usually dangerous when their back is against the wall and they'll do anything to make it out. If the dominoes are finally actually falling, Trump and Co have got basically one chance at retaliation, and the GOP has one last chance at sinking with him/trying to keep him afloat/bailing altogether and letting him drown

yeah but even this is still a objectively better situation than the gop doing whatever they want unopposed

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Yinlock posted:

oh my god it's the normalization

we've normalized constant existential despair

About time, I've been waiting here for the rest of you fucks for almost ten years

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
President DeVos

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Squizzle posted:

You mess with a tiger, you get the horns

The US is more of a wild boar or something.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
What are the other drat names

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

So what happened to the Democrats who voted to impeach Clinton? Did they get primaried? Seat flipped? I know that it's a whole different ballgame now but I'm just curious.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wild boars!!!!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

alnilam posted:

in my dreams i'm spyin all the time

*brings out corkboard*

*taps on this picture*

Moby.

Electronic super star, well known for songs like Porcelain. :eng101:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJWlBfo5Oj0

Now, Porcelain is a ceramic that can be made for multiple functions such as...

*strings up to this image*

*taps twice on it*

a toilet bowl.

Don't get lost, stay with me here. And what do you do with toilet bowls?

You pee into them

And you may ask yourself, what does pee have to do with what's going on?

Well pee is slang for piss, and the Russians have a tape on piss.

*taps 3 times and circles on this image*

Now you may ask yourself on what?

They have it on Trump, and Trump loves pee, drinks it practically every day.

Behold, Trump holding a flute of pee all sophisticatedly.

Moby, famous for songs like Porcelain, knows Trump is being blackmailed by the Russians because of a pee tape, a thing Moby would know about because you pee into toilet bowls!!! :byodood:

SickZip
Jul 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Yinlock posted:

The world's ending because we're basically in the midst of an attempted coup. The American apparatus of state cares enough about kicking Trump out that they're laying their cards on the table and showing how much of a democracy we are. Trump by himself was much more recoverable than this, what's going on is similar to how what truly killed the Roman Republic was not the power seizure by Caesar but his murder

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Somebody please post the buttrocker yelling TRUMP over and over again for the love of gently caress

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Baloogan posted:

President DeVos

hasnt hillary suffered enough

_no

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Wikkheiser posted:

Article here today about Russian elites getting skittish. There's reasons for hope and optimism from their point of view buuuut:

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/02/13/the-kremlin-is-starting-to-worry-about-trump/

Mainly:

+ Russia has punched above its weight by being unpredictable and keeping the world off balance, forcing foreign capitals to react to Russian moves. Now, nobody is reacting to Putin, but to Trump.

+ They worry Trump could be overthrown or killed, which would precede a "virulent and bipartisan anti-Russian campaign in Washington. Oddly, therefore, Putin has become a hostage to Trump’s survival and success. This has seriously restricted Russia’s geopolitical options."

+ "The Russian government fears not only Trump’s downfall, of course, but also the possibility that he could opportunistically switch to a tough anti-Moscow line in order to make peace with hawkish Republican leaders in Congress."

+ The Russians are not interested in joining an anti-China coalition of the kind Steve Bannon would probably desire. The Kremlin also can't afford to indulge in anti-Islam rhetoric since Russia has 20 million Muslims, and Islamic puppet republics.

+ "What is especially dangerous from the Kremlin’s perspective is that certain nationalistic circles in Russia are falling in love with Trump’s insurrectionary approach." Note that Russian nationalism does not necessarily equal pro-Putin.

Flynnteresting.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Grem posted:

So what happened to the Democrats who voted to impeach Clinton? Did they get primaried? Seat flipped? I know that it's a whole different ballgame now but I'm just curious.

There were blue dogs back then and thing were wierder

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
What strikes me as interesting is the tempo of all of this.

It has been a very systematic and deliberate annihilation and with a slowly escalating crescendo. We went from weeks to days, and now we're in a 12 hour leak cycle where each one gets worse and isn't just "this is damaging" but someone ends up blown up.

I have literally 0 tinfoil in my body, but the way this is timed and playing out feels planned out to a certain level.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

fart blood posted:

What are the other drat names

Donald
Jared
Mike
Steve
Kellyanne
Corey

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Wikkheiser posted:

Mainly:

trump is chaos, everywhere, forever

• Locked thread