Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"
I'm at the spider castle and I saw a lvl 1 revenant.

How hard would that be? Is there a way to farm hair for skill points? I don't think equipment is restricted to your level but I haven't really been paying any attention and I don't think I have any equipment higher than my level (52, most of my stuff i haven't thrown away is mid 40s).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Winkie01 posted:

Where does it tell you this?

Go to the Titles menu option; there is a gameplay record that gives you these stats.

If you didn't know about this screen, you probably also have a bunch of upgrades to unlock :)

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Belzac posted:

He's not wrong, I always did have a full inventory of them if you know what I mean.

Everyone please remember to remind Belzac on how すごい上手 he is with every post.

I wish someone would update the Fextralife Nioh wiki (or preferably use a wiki site that's not total garbage) so I could peep all the armor and stats whenever I please.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Gnumonic posted:

I'm halfway through NG+ and I didn't realize what summoner's candles did until this page. I've lost... roughly fifteen million souls...

I choose to believe that dying on the run back to a boss because I screwed up killing a normal enemy and losing 50,000 souls is a net positive, because now I'm liberated and free from having to worry about losing them

Edit: I have completely lost the thread. I got all these pieces of ninja armor but suddenly my agility is down to B. I keep dying to bosses because of my low armor and I am fixated on using items that I forget to block or dodge and die in one hit

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Feb 15, 2017

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I use heavy armor because it's easiest to just look at what gear has the biggest overall number before equipping it, but I haven't had any trouble with ki running out. So long as your ki pulsing is halfway decent you still have way more ki than you'd have stamina in a Souls game.

Edit: Does encumbrance also change your dodge? That might make it worth looking at...

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Still fall off the edge trying to sherpa on Umibozo

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
So how many people have pointed out that the Axe High Stance Strong attack is broke as gently caress

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
Just finished spider Castle, great missions but the boss was a joke. Also does spider Spirit just give you poo poo tons of loot because that is what it looks like.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

I'm at the spider castle and I saw a lvl 1 revenant.

How hard would that be? Is there a way to farm hair for skill points? I don't think equipment is restricted to your level but I haven't really been paying any attention and I don't think I have any equipment higher than my level (52, most of my stuff i haven't thrown away is mid 40s).

I am guessing someone used a book of reincarnation then went to hit something and forgot. Items aren't level restricted so it's a great idea to go and fight revenants that are higher level than you. A level one run in this game sounds much more annoying Dark Souls.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Oxxidation posted:

So how many people have pointed out that the Axe High Stance Strong attack is broke as gently caress

Lots of attacks are broke as gently caress. Kurisagama high quick combo will win the game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Tonight's Nioh session has brought me up to 1,000,000 amrita lost :toot:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Is the spear a worthwhile weapon? It seems so much weaker than anything else

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RC Cola posted:

It's really good, just like all the weapons

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

RC Cola posted:

Yeah it's extremely worthwhile, you'll find people earlier in the thread gushing about it. But then again every weapon is worthwhile. Mostly you gotta get those special skills for a weapon to really take off.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

I finally got a random summon and beat Immortal Flame. I accidentally knocked him through the floor again but he got stuck, physics-glitched for a minute and popped back out happy as a clam.

Once I got out I could finally re-spec to swords and clean up some early game messes. I'm ninja as poo poo now, and I look like a demon thanks to the tea bro.

Facerolling bosses and parrying trash mobs just for fun. I'm also liking paralysis damage from my pet spider.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

SLOSifl posted:

I finally got a random summon and beat Immortal Flame. I accidentally knocked him through the floor again but he got stuck, physics-glitched for a minute and popped back out happy as a clam.

Once I got out I could finally re-spec to swords and clean up some early game messes. I'm ninja as poo poo now, and I look like a demon thanks to the tea bro.

Facerolling bosses and parrying trash mobs just for fun. I'm also liking paralysis damage from my pet spider.

Combined it with a paralysis sword and poo poo gets stunned constantly.

Anybody have any tips on how to handle Raven Tengu?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bombadilillo posted:

If you liked the noted good duels in From games. Like artorias or Maria. You are in for some treats. Hang in there. :picture of kitten hanging in there:

I do. Two of my favs.

It's not even that I hate the boss fights to their core. It just seems like every single one has some single, really lovely element that completely kills any enjoyment I would have had for them. I hope he doesn't resemble The warrior of the west fight because that should be like one of those From fights and it's the worst one.

As it stands I have pretty mixed feelings about Nioh. Not so much middling as love/hate. I love the combat. I love the setting. The level design is great but not up to From standards imo. Still, no complaints in that dept. at all. I hate the loot overkill. it's way too much. I hate the bosses. I don't think they are fun. Just something I have to slam against to get to the next area. The only thing I am middling on is the story because it makes no sense, but who cares. And the enemy variety is a little lacking but not that bad.

Still, I am pretty thoroughly addicted and despite my complaints I think it is a keeper. I got the RE7 DLC today and was super pumped to play it, just to totally forget to because I was doing side missions in Nioh all evening. It's definitely addictive as hell and the combat is on par with Bloodborne which is dope.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

WirelessPillow posted:

Combined it with a paralysis sword and poo poo gets stunned constantly.

Anybody have any tips on how to handle Raven Tengu?

Block his staff swipe. Dodge or block his claw swipe and spin kick follow up. Dodge his super telegraphed wind attacks / aerial grabbing poo poo.

Tengu are dangerous in when there are other things around but you can toss a sloth on them to slow them down and give you some space.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Block his staff swipe. Dodge or block his claw swipe and spin kick follow up. Dodge his super telegraphed wind attacks / aerial grabbing poo poo.

Tengu are dangerous in when there are other things around but you can toss a sloth on them to slow them down and give you some space.

So in the case of having more than one, use sloth. I will give that a shot, thanks!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

WirelessPillow posted:

So in the case of having more than one, use sloth. I will give that a shot, thanks!

I think they are also weak to lightning, so toss that on your weapon for more damage. The debuff should apply really quickly too since they are weak to it.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
jesus christ orochi can eat my rear end, this fight is impossible

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Endgame/NG+ question: Although I've done every mission and side mission available it looks like I'm still missing a mission in the Omi region. I think it was a twilight mission yesterday as it said it wasn't available to me yet. Anyone know how to unlock that quest?

I was watching someone on twitch do some high level crafting tonight, the crafting system is a lot more robust than I thought after barely touching it through my first playthrough. Also I got a max level version of the +40% toughness helm :black101:.

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese
3rd boss spoils?

i am ultra proud of this run. everything went real smooth once I started reading her attacks. she was a complete pain in the rear end. feelsgoodman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VluxMtYykR0

Destro
Dec 29, 2003

time to wake up
Is there a way to turn off the auto restock on elixers when you die? Trying to learn this stupid bat boss and I don't want my elixers restocking every time I die.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

g-c posted:

3rd boss spoils?

i am ultra proud of this run. everything went real smooth once I started reading her attacks. she was a complete pain in the rear end. feelsgoodman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VluxMtYykR0

Curious: Why do you run left and right instead of dodge as the attacks or events occur?

It seems taxing on your Ki reservoir for when you gain opportunities.

Good killing in any case! She's a tough cookie to beat.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
It seems like todays patch nerfed the gently caress out of extraction talismans, or at least their interaction with living weapon. I seem to only gain bar from kills now.

Snak fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Feb 15, 2017

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Snak posted:

It seems like todays patch nerfed the gently caress out of extraction talismans, or at least their interaction with living weapon. I seem to only gain bar from kills now.

That's cool, hope sloth talismans are next on the nerf block.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I mean, it's kind if lame they are completely ineffective. Now they serve literally no purpose. They could halved haved their effectiveness...

Edit: I guess that's not true, they are still usefuk for getting your living weapon up quickly, I think...

Edit 2: another good way these tyoes of things could be nerfed is by moving them farther up the skill tree. They're not as overpowered if they represent a significant commitment to the build. Currently, you can essentially "splash" magic to get them and make any other build better.

Snak fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Feb 15, 2017

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Alteisen posted:

That's cool, hope sloth talismans are next on the nerf block.

I think sloth is pretty valid for some NG+ encounters, if you use it intelligently it takes some edge off for some play styles. It needs a nerf for bosses though, yes. I think just making its duration on bosses really short would be sufficient.

My biggest wish for a patch is pretty unlikely: I want them to somehow optimize the magic effects. I didn't have performance issues on NG, but some of the NG+ boss variants are so cast happy that their spells turn into framerate attacks. The game deals with it by sending everything into slow motion, which is better than just straight drops but still fucks with my dodge timing. I wound up defeating ice girl by stacking so much water defense that she was trivialized, which is not a very satisfying way to win.

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Feb 15, 2017

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I've said this before several times, but the nerf that sloth needs to to make it only apply to movespeed. It would still have a lot of utility in buying time to use other items and stuff, but it wouldn't let you just dodge every single attack by walking out of the way.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Normal attackspeed would be super beneficial, I eat poo poo all the time dodging too early

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
That's hilarious. The tells and windups are so slow, I literaly just walk around behind them before they even start the attack.

Sekigahara. That's a neat level killed both bosses on the first try. That's nuts. I never do that.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Oh poo poo the onmyo set is now available at the blacksmith, I guess the patch fixed it.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
A couple of short gifs of stupid funny moments I had doing co-op tonight:

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
why thank you for the orochi boss koei tecmo, how did you know i loved constant boss invincibility, insta kills, and being shot at by enemies from off screen! what a treat!

Relin fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Feb 15, 2017

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Bombadilillo posted:

Even...even...toadninja? cause he's my favorite boss of and Soulsborne lords of the nioh ever.

I love that guy and want him to be my spirit animal

seriously I will buy dlc if it means I get a smoking frog as my bloodstain

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Feb 15, 2017

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Relin posted:

why thank you for the orochi boss koei tecmo, how did you know i loved constant boss invincibility and being shot at by enemies from off screen! what a treat!

I'm ready to throw my controller at my screen. This is terrible.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is there any way to speed up item consumption, because that is the unsafest action I always blunder into doing at terrible times

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Thumbtacks posted:

I'm ready to throw my controller at my screen. This is terrible.

It's really hard until you figure it out, then it's really trivial. First two stages are obvious. Third stage you need to kill each head in order going clockwise. You can stand behind the stone which blocks the next head, the rest will be blocked by the roof angle. Bait the head you are fighting into head slamming the stone. Doing so will knock it out, you can then kill it and it will also act as a shield until it dies. Just go in a circle doing that and you only have to worry about one head at a time.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is there any way to speed up item consumption, because that is the unsafest action I always blunder into doing at terrible times

Not standard items. There's an ability that lets you apply magic instantly with no animation though. Really useful, and a lot of items have magic equivalents.

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Feb 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Harrow posted:

Why does smithing text have to be so rare :negative:

I just want Otani's smithing text so I can make myself a sweet set of Justice Ministry's armor but I'm not getting jack poo poo

You're farming him in Sawayama, right?

veni veni veni posted:

I honestly don't think I have gotten a single shred of enjoyment out of any of the bosses in this game. I hate every single one of them.

The fun comes from figuring out your favorite brand of cheese against each fight.

I like the Joro-Gumo, since she's the only boss that doesn't have auto-tracking horseshit coming out of her rear end in a top hat.