Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dejan Bimble posted:

Change blindness is real

It says NBA G/V:

I assume it stands for goos and views

it probably stands for Gatorade and Views since it was changed right after the announcement of the D-League re-branding to the G-League

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

This is an especially bad opinion piece, even for February NBA journalism.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

IcePhoenix posted:

it probably stands for Gatorade and Views since it was changed right after the announcement of the D-League re-branding to the G-League

Gatorade league sounds like an association of men who work on homebrewing ever more impressive Gatorade recipes

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lockback posted:

This is an especially bad opinion piece, even for February NBA journalism.

Liberty ballers has become a bit too hot takey and click baity

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

euphronius posted:

Liberty ballers has become a bit too hot takey and click baity

Everyone in the comments on that site seems to dislike Ilyasova and really really really hate Brian Coangelo and I don't really understand why in either case.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Lmao raptors

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Dejan Bimble posted:

You know the 48fps that peter jackson used to film the new hobbit movies that was just too high resolution and made all the props look like childrens toys and the sets flickering styrofoam? That's the only resolution that would properly pick up Lebron's incredible telekinetic reads and adjustments

drat. Now I wish they had some high frame rate cameras at NBA games. I know it's too expensive to do for every game but at least the Finals should be captured such.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ilysavoa takes minutes from pretty boy Saric and was a colangelo acquisition

Hey hate colangelo because ... he's bad ... and was the nepotistic replacement for divius hinkus

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves

https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/831683169040662529 another angle of this absurdity.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The Raptors are trash.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

It's nice he did something, but now he's gotta choose between Casey and Lowry

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Rick mentioned it, but a lot of this might be Rich Paul and management both being super cautious.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Niwrad posted:

The Raptors are trash.

At least there was no false hope this time by blowing a double digit lead.

Edit: Also I just realized Powell only played 18 minutes tonight even though we literally only have one other SG on the roster now.

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Feb 15, 2017

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Dwane "swept by Randy Wittman and Fred Hoiberg" Casey gon Casey.

But don't fret, now that Ibaka is here, he can finally put on the floor the dream lineup of

Lowry
Joseph
VanVleet
DeRozan
Ibaka

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

quote:

"I don't know what it is about the Bulls that gives us fits," Raptors coach Dwane Casey said. "We stay up day and night trying to figure it out."

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

keep hoiberg forever because this is endlessly funny

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Time posted:

keep hoiberg forever because this is endlessly funny

Not just Hoiberg. Thibs. And poo poo this goes back even further.

K"C Johnson" posted:

The Bulls also beat them 15 straight times from December 2002 to December 2006. And the 2002-03 and 2003-04 Bulls were — how shall we say this? — not good.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Dexo posted:

lmao

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I feel for Raptors fans, it's rough when a team just completely owns your team's soul despite being varyingly good and lovely.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
uhm the Kings are tied with the Rockets for the longest winning streak in the league

(it'll end when they play the Warriors tomorrow)

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

The Rockets win streak will also end tomorrow unless the Heat remember that they are supposed to be Bad

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Spoeank posted:

uhm the Kings are tied with the Rockets for the longest winning streak in the league

(it'll end when they play the Warriors tomorrow)

I BELIEVE (in the pick)

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.

Dexo posted:

Lol I remember those times. I think after every loss that fat gently caress Eddy Curry would hold up his hands and remind everyone what the count of the win streak was. Not sure if any of this was saved on YouTube or is gone forever.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/nbadleague/status/831692156939153408

Yesssssssssss

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
for any of you spurs or tim duncan fans, i found this video of old man timmy crushing the low block for like 10 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYMpOrXQnac

goodness i miss that man.

on a different note, why did naterob leave the nba? did he get too high on himself and figured, "sure i can do football, no problem" or were there other reasons?

i mean, i just can't figure out why someone would pass up millions of dollars performing at the highest level for a given sport. was he bored? unsatisfied with his place in the league? why leave?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

he was pretty heavily reliant on athleticism and tore his ACL. his shooting cratered before he sorta washed out of the league.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

chunkles posted:

he was pretty heavily reliant on athleticism and tore his ACL. his shooting cratered before he sorta washed out of the league.

thanks

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

So I just realized that James Harden is having the greatest turnover season of ALL TIME, followed by Westbrook, followed by a '78 Pistol Pete. That's good company.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

I have new found appreciation for Nate Rob now, this is a pretty class act right here. Seemed genuinely appreciative of playing in the D-League, where most other guys in his situation would have been angry about it.

From a technical standpoint, this may very well be the best pass that has ever been thrown on a basketball court. It really has everything, and only Lebron could have pulled it off - no-look, throwing from a weird angle across his body while moving in the opposite direction, thrown with alot of speed but with pinpoint accuracy to not only go between Wiggins legs (who was standing about 15 feet from Lebron at the time), but to hit a cutting Williams right on time for an easy lay-in. It's not the greatest pass ever, or even Lebron's greatest pass ever, but Jesus, it's technically brilliant.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

http://i.imgur.com/XFpwHhX.gifv

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Feb 15, 2017

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

chunkles posted:

I feel for Raptors fans, it's rough when a team just completely owns your team's soul despite being varyingly good and lovely.

I wanna see how far this can go. Like, next game have Chicago start Anthony Bennett and four DG-leaguers and see how they still win.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I know I missed the finals moment chat but i gotta say the sequence of WCF to Finals was one of the greatest dramatic stories i've ever seen in sports.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Classic Ginobili move from LeBron there. Nice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIoPkUAGYiQ

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That LeBron pass was great but if you think he purposely threw it through Wiggin's legs you're crazy. If Wiggins doesn't step toward the hoop it either goes around him or bounces off his leg. Still an amazing pass though.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Embiid playing after asb it looks like

My theory was they were holding him out for rest, tanking and to give okafor minutes .

https://twitter.com/sportsradiowip/status/831848681867456512

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Also okafor will play tonight for the Sixers .

Awkward.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

RCarr posted:

That LeBron pass was great but if you think he purposely threw it through Wiggin's legs you're crazy. If Wiggins doesn't step toward the hoop it either goes around him or bounces off his leg. Still an amazing pass though.
You can say that for like every amazing nutmeg though. I choose to believe they're all intentional and magical

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

RCarr posted:

Doubting Thomas!! Open your heart, let Him in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Brolander posted:

Doubting Thomas!! Open your heart, let Him in.

• Locked thread