Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Spiderjelly posted:

Griffin McElroy is the best thing on the Internet

Only topped by getting together with the rest of his family. Their dad in Adventure Zone is funny and I like him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

The thought occurs to me that this isn't a particularly high bar to clear, so idk what he's so smug about

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

SatansOnion posted:

The thought occurs to me that this isn't a particularly high bar to clear, so idk what he's so smug about

Pretty sure he is referring to Republicans, you know, freeing the slaves.
Because he's a white supremacist.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Nuebot posted:

Only topped by getting together with the rest of his family. Their dad in Adventure Zone is funny and I like him.

They're very good boys for sure

A++++ boys

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Paladinus posted:

Pretty sure he is referring to Republicans, you know, freeing the slaves.
Because he's a white supremacist.

Ah! That explains a lot. I incorrectly assumed he was talking about modern Republicans not listening attentively enough to whatever cuck beta feminazis-stole-my-ice-cream-and-gave-it-to-((((((Ess Jay Doubleyous)))))) fever dream the alt-right keep yammering about

But I suppose if you're dumb enough to think your pastiness is a rare and precious achievement, of course you'd sneer at the handful of Republicans in history who had a semi-functioning moral compass

SatansOnion has a new favorite as of 07:47 on Feb 14, 2017

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Edit: wrong thread

Please accept a trump handshake

Jestery has a new favorite as of 08:28 on Feb 14, 2017

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

SatansOnion posted:

Ah! That explains a lot. I incorrectly assumed he was talking about modern Republicans not listening attentively enough to whatever cuck beta feminazis-stole-my-ice-cream-and-gave-it-to-((((((Ess Jay Doubleyous)))))) fever dream the alt-right keep yammering about

But I suppose if you're dumb enough to think your pastiness is a rare and precious achievement, of course you'd sneer at the handful of Republicans in history who had a semi-functioning moral compass

This is pretty AUG.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

I hope my (first) wedding is like this

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.

Nuebot posted:

I'm sorry but Justin is insufferable and AUG

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Jestery posted:

:raise:

He really is a Lizard in a human suit, isn't he?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Spiderjelly posted:

I'm sorry but Justin is insufferable and AUG

I find Travis worse but to each their own.

Show me the person who hates Griffin and I will show you a soulless husk, though.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

If you hate any of the good brothers you're the AUG, it's you

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Jestery posted:

Someone should take this opportunity to gut-punch the fucker.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
loving ninjas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZY-Ec6Mq4U

Dynastocles
May 29, 2009

"If you'll excuse me, my dinner time is six o'clock. Only gangsters eat at 9 o'clock, after some bootlegging and a hot game of craps."

Holy poo poo.

I went to high school with Roen Horn, the other guy in the article.

The weirdest kid I ever knew. Chemtrail conspiracy theorist at 13. Raw vegan at 15. Disappeared for a few years, found out he starved himself nearly to death before his older brother (who filled his head with all sort of crazy ideas in the first place) broke him out of the hospital and the pair of them rode trains to Canada, tried to live in the wild.

Surprised he's still alive and happy to know he's as weird as he always was. Rock on, dude.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

How do you look at that and go, yeah this is cool and good ?

So many awkward poses and cuts and the fight is not a fourway at all.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Dynastocles posted:

Holy poo poo.

I went to high school with Roen Horn, the other guy in the article.

The weirdest kid I ever knew. Chemtrail conspiracy theorist at 13. Raw vegan at 15. Disappeared for a few years, found out he starved himself nearly to death before his older brother (who filled his head with all sort of crazy ideas in the first place) broke him out of the hospital and the pair of them rode trains to Canada, tried to live in the wild.

Surprised he's still alive and happy to know he's as weird as he always was. Rock on, dude.

Well, he drat well better have procured that human skull by legal means. :mad:

I read your post before I looked at the article and that's exactly the picture I had of him in my head. Eerie.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
CCTV cameras gave us a look at the possible assassin of Kim Jong Un's brother

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

free basket of chips posted:

CCTV cameras gave us a look at the possible assassin of Kim Jong Un's brother

Troll to end all trolls.

If the aim of her mission was "look like every South Korean woman," they did a bang-up job.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I like to think she stabbed him and then made that little heart shape with her hands.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Does anyone have that really terrible CV where all the pages are coloured gold and it's full of OMGSORANDOM stuff.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

EmmyOk posted:

Does anyone have that really terrible CV where all the pages are coloured gold and it's full of OMGSORANDOM stuff.

http://imgur.com/a/LnJXF

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That's the one! Thank you.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I've just learned about depths of hate I had thought impossible.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Jesus loving Christ I can't process this at seven in the morning

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
You think it can't possibly get worse, and then it does.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

I'm the "you haven't got to the good parts yet" on page 7.

sex shop clearance rack
Jan 20, 2011
It's fairly impressive that she managed to hide her complete lack of competency in anything behind 6 pages of utter bullshit. It's like one of those improv games where you have to rant for as long as you can without saying a particular word, only with marketable skills! :downs:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I love this so much. It looks like it's written in the Harry Potter font and it's the color of wino pee!

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

tight aspirations posted:

"You ain't even got to the good parts."

:colbert:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

tight aspirations posted:

How long are CV's supposed to be out of curiosity? In the US if your resume is more than two pages (really should be one) then you are either applying to be the CEO of a multi-billion dollar company or are an idiot.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Does anyone know the backstory of this? Is this some girl's real resume and is she aware of it becoming a meme?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I believe she was applying for a job as a Financial Planner.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

How long are CV's supposed to be out of curiosity? In the US if your resume is more than two pages (really should be one) then you are either applying to be the CEO of a multi-billion dollar company or are an idiot.

Two or three pages? It depends on how many jobs you've had and how long your lists of skills and references are, but usually someone who fills up their resume with two dozen jobs has been bouncing between new ones every year or two and that's not a good sign.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Geocities Homepage King posted:

"You ain't even got to the good parts."

:colbert:

Huh, my brain has an auto-correct. That's nice.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

chitoryu12 posted:

Two or three pages? It depends on how many jobs you've had and how long your lists of skills and references are, but usually someone who fills up their resume with two dozen jobs has been bouncing between new ones every year or two and that's not a good sign.

OK, so same basic thing. I don't even list all my jobs since my last two (well, now three) goes back like 17 years. A not so small part of me is thinking about a huge change so I may be creating a CV in the near future.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
Everyone knows you keep your resume short and concise. Like this one.

One page is all you need.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Geocities Homepage King posted:

Everyone knows you keep your resume short and concise. Like this one.

One page is all you need.

*reads resume while nodding with approval

"Young man, welcome to NAMBLA."

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Solice Kirsk posted:

I've seen 4-page CVs for senior positions in the US and they didn't feel excessive. Easy to fill at least one with publications in some fields, and if you have 20 years of experience there's a lot of story to tell. COO we just hired was just over 3 pages, not including references.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

*reads resume while nodding with approval

"Young man, welcome to NAMBLA."

"I like the cut of his bib"

• Locked thread