Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

neongrey posted:

Like it is super bad and needs to be recognized for that, it's just that this being the one to do it tickles me at everyone's pure untainted innocence.
I been reading this (and other of the right wing watch threads on here) for enough years that I question my sanity. Any innocence I had is long cold and dead yet I still find that cartoon in extremely poor taste and a strong contender for the Gaybies.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Holy poo poo, if cartoons are this dumb a mere 20-something days into Trump's bad stupid administration, what are things going to be like by the time Summer rolls around?
I wouldn't worry to hard about it seeing as we will all be dead by then.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Spiffster posted:

But Gary and Glenn are different shades of terrible... it's hard to compare

One nice thing about Gary is he hasn't released a political cartoon since December 28.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Holy poo poo, if cartoons are this dumb a mere 20-something days into Trump's bad stupid administration, what are things going to be like by the time Summer rolls around?

Depends on what the Pence administration does.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

logger posted:

Depends on what the Pence administration does.

Oooooh. If Trump gets ousted, which right wing hack turns on him first? Which stays loyal (besides Garrison)?

Death Ray
Jan 20, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 6 years!)

35 more signatures and the Mike Ramirez: Draw Trump Now! petition will have reached 100 names! Can we do this before Trump's own first 100 days are up?? I know we can ! Come on Goons, sign up!

(And remember: at 100 signatures a special sumthin' happens! The sooner you sign... :)

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Oooooh. If Trump gets ousted, which right wing hack turns on him first? Which stays loyal (besides Garrison)?

Definitely Ramirez will be the first to turn, Branco I see going full steam into conspiracy mode about how congress is made up of fake Republicans that turned on the defender of the country like what happened to Caesar.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Ashley Judd on January 12 in a Facebook post about the Women's March posted:

“If you’re other than white, you have to scroll to search for an emoji of color that more closely resembles your experince [sic],” the actor wrote. “A little thing, perhaps. But … what if emojis, came, standard issue, in black? So WE whites had to scroll to find a color that more accurately resembled US? Multiply that times the incalculable. … And that gives me a glimpse of what it may be like to be a person of [color] in a white-centric world. Everything set to the standard of whiteness, everything else a variation thereof.”

She even says in the post that it's kind of a small issue but is trying to make a point but all Tinsley and his ilk could get out of it was EMOJIS ARE RACIST.

Bet conservative media is glad they don't have to pay attention to the presidency anymore so they can scour the social media of obscure celebrities and criticize what they think they are trying to say.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
The default is SUPPOSED to be a non-human skintone. I think the recommendations are grey and blue. Microsoft USED TO do it right but they changed to yellow too. (Default followed by all skintone modifiers: 🖕🖕🏻🖕🏼🖕🏽🖕🏾🖕🏿)

Now I want a set of emoji where the default is straight up Twi'lek blue or green.

Keiya fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Feb 15, 2017

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Keiya posted:

The default is SUPPOSED to be a non-human skintone. I think the recommendations are grey and blue. Microsoft USED TO do it right but they changed to yellow too. (Default followed by all skintone modifiers: 🖕🖕🏻🖕🏼🖕🏽🖕🏾🖕🏿)

Now I want a set of emoji where the default is straight up Twi'lek blue or green.
Am I supposed to be seeing something?

Also, apparently yellow emojis most resemble the skin color of Caucasians?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Xander77 posted:

Blame the Simpsons.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Xander77 posted:

At best they represent chronic alcoholics, it seems an odd thing to focus on when there's easier examples pretty much everywhere.

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
Unicode has a skin color modifier. There's no reason they couldn't make a keyboard that let you select a smilie and then a skin color.

For substance: http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr51/#Diversity

dougdrums fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Feb 15, 2017

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

dougdrums posted:

Unicode has a skin color modifier. There's no reason they couldn't make a keyboard that let you select a smilie and then a skin color.

For substance: http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr51/#Diversity

Could be done with the long hold, like accented characters, on mobile anyway. Grey, yellow, blue default, long hold for a tone pallette. Wouldn't be a difficult way about it and it accomplishes the purpose.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Rudoku posted:

Blame the Simpsons.

And Lego minifigures.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

quote:

Trump Administration trashes leaks that undermine U.S. national security.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Yeah.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
"Hmmm this comic isn't as horrifyingly hateful as I'm used to being....Ah, I'll draw a fat woman with a #Beautiful shirt!

Heh, loving stupid cunts, disgusting loving whores"

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
While looking into McCoy's latest disaster I ran across this, posted on Twitter, which I'd never seen before:

I wonder if there's something he overlooked.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

McCoy, there are maybe one or two fundamental aspects of Batman...

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Groovelord Neato posted:

this is like how calling someone racist is worse than the racist's actual racism to them. like warren reading coretta scott king's letter is somehow worse than jeff sessions being racist to an insane degree.

But racists are bad and I'm not a bad person, I just hate black people's culture

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Wheany posted:

But racists are bad and I'm not a bad person, I just hate black people's culture

The new racist meme is people finding posts on facebook by black people discussing the history of black culture and government/royalty and mocking it with "WE WUZ KANGS!"

"haha silly blacks, they think they had culture! haha don't you know whites invented that?"

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Xander77 posted:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Firefox:

Chrome just shows empty squares.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The genuine outrage that McCoy cartoon is spurring got me wondering: Is there any photo/illustration from U.S. history that would have people angrier if it were parodied by some conservative hack? Short of an actual lynching photo, I'm not sure.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Xander77 posted:

Firefox:

Chrome just shows empty squares.

The nail is an objectively bad idea, on a white background it ends up looking like a hole in the finger.

Shangri-Law School posted:

The genuine outrage that McCoy cartoon is spurring got me wondering: Is there any photo/illustration from U.S. history that would have people angrier if it were parodied by some conservative hack? Short of an actual lynching photo, I'm not sure.

There wasn't much outrage over cheeseguy's "man on the street" panel that was as close to an actual lynching photo as you can get. Get it? The joke is that an innocent man was killed! LOL!

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Judging by what he's been retweeting, the good David Pope is none too impressed with McCoy.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on the resignation of Michael Flynn – Donald Trump’s national security adviser quits after it emerged that he misled US officials about secret communications with the Russian ambassador" After Tenniel.

Telegraph:

Out with the old, in with the nude: Playboy brings back naked women

Times:

Mail:
MAC ON ... prison smuggling

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Cat Mattress posted:

There wasn't much outrage over cheeseguy's "man on the street" panel that was as close to an actual lynching photo as you can get. Get it? The joke is that an innocent man was killed! LOL!

It's not a very famous picture, though, or a prominent cartoon. I suppose if a conservative cartoonist tried to riff on the Emmett Till open casket photo that would be more monstrous.

Basically, I'm wondering aloud whether The Problem We All Live With is the greatest political cartoon in American history.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Vib Rib posted:

While looking into McCoy's latest disaster I ran across this, posted on Twitter, which I'd never seen before:

I wonder if there's something he overlooked.
He's a hack, but isn't he the one of the two that worked on Minions and drew that awesome picture for his kid? He definitely knows Batman's origin story. Blame the card company for this one.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Death Ray posted:

35 more signatures and the Mike Ramirez: Draw Trump Now! petition will have reached 100 names! Can we do this before Trump's own first 100 days are up?? I know we can ! Come on Goons, sign up!

(And remember: at 100 signatures a special sumthin' happens! The sooner you sign... :)

He drew Trump last week.

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Jonas Albrecht posted:

They'll be just as bad, but will be covering the Los Angeles Riots instead of this dumb thing

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Quorum posted:

They'll be just as bad, but will be covering the Los Angeles Riots instead of this dumb thing

Soros is gunna be mad you're spilling plans

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

mallardfillmoreliberalsliberalsLIBERALS.jpg

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Shangri-Law School posted:

(sorry for the tiny size)

This got Michael Ramirez a visit from the secret service!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

He drew Trump last week.

Well then. Colour me impressed: I didn't think he was capable of making a GOP president not look good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

FishBulb posted:

Soros is gunna be mad you're spilling plans

drat it! It's fine, I'm an independent contractor under the deniable asset plan where if I accidentally leak they just move me over to the disinformation division for a while. So you don't have to worry about the sweltering heat of an unseasonably warm and dry summer, plus the mounting tension from a president actively mired in scandal and cracking down on increasingly broad groups of undesirables, swelling into the sort of demonstrations that result in dozens dead and entire city blocks aflame. :wink:

• Locked thread