Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Lance Stephenson just got injured, so Minnesota should throw a 10 day Naterob's way IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Have fun Nate

The B_36 posted:

From a technical standpoint, this may very well be the best pass that has ever been thrown on a basketball court. It's not the greatest pass ever, or even Lebron's greatest pass ever, but Jesus, it's technically brilliant.

Hmm. I'm trying to figure this one out.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Chairchucker posted:

Lance Stephenson just got injured, so Minnesota should throw a 10 day Naterob's way IMO

gently caress that, just play tyus more

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Lockback posted:

The oops is 5600+ unread posts

Yeah Oops I fell way behind on the goos and voos. I assumed we changed the name after the Halftime Show featuring Lady Gaga, the Goo Goo Dolls and the Go Gos sponsored by Gogurt and Game Gear

RCarr posted:

That LeBron pass was great but if you think he purposely threw it through Wiggin's legs you're crazy. If Wiggins doesn't step toward the hoop it either goes around him or bounces off his leg. Still an amazing pass though.

He's LeBron it was on purpose

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

EvanTH posted:

He's LeBron it was on purpose

Proof that LeBron purposely showed his dick on live TV.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

RCarr posted:

Proof that LeBron purposely showed his dick on live TV.

Haha

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

EvanTH posted:

Yeah Oops I fell way behind on the goos and voos. I assumed we changed the name after the Halftime Show featuring Lady Gaga, the Goo Goo Dolls and the Go Gos sponsored by Gogurt and Game Gear

It's even worse.

This is not a joke:

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/831503766222413825

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Adam Silver slowly morphing from a beloved figure into Jimmy Carter really is fascinating

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Why you always hating on Jimmy Carter.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Lebron is still the best.

Zach Lowe with a long piece on the Pistons.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/18686427/zach-lowe-andre-drummond-reggie-jackson-detroit-pistons

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

straight up brolic posted:

Adam Silver slowly morphing from a beloved figure into Jimmy Carter really is fascinating

Well I love Jimmy Carter so :colbert:

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

At least silver isn't turning into RONALD6WILSON6REAGAN

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Who was Stern? Pinochet?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Adam "Marvolo" Silver

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

G-League is much better than D-League

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lessail posted:

It's nice he did something, but now he's gotta choose between Casey and Lowry

Lowry, thankyewdrivethru

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

zoux posted:

Why you always hating on Jimmy Carter.
He did a lot of things that were good for optics early in his presidency (pardoning the Vietnam draft dodgers, starting a national energy policy) that distracted from the fact that he and his congress completely sold out the political establishment to corporate interests and extinguished the hope of the progressive era, which by no coincidence ended with Allen Iverson's retirement, for good.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
What's Silver done wrong apart from G league and advertising patches (which were frankly inevitable regardless of the commissioner)?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Yes an inevitability that no other commissioner or American sports league (except MLS) has allowed to happen.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Fair point I guess. What other stuff has he done?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Selling the D-League name has at least got people talking about the D-league, so that's a step up.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

I actually really like this. They're rebranding as a sports science league which will make D-Leaguers realize they're potential NBAers, not cast off NBAers. G-League is meh but whatever.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
let's all be clear on one thing:

advertising patches are a shameful disaster that are going to seriously cheapen the appearance of the league

gently caress

that

poo poo

:dogge: that's all folks :dogge:

Athanatos posted:

Selling the D-League name has at least got people talking about the D-league, so that's a step up.

yes, but why and for how long? people are talking about it because the name is stupid and fewer people will take "g-league" seriously (as fans) since at least d-league had an explanation for what it was in the title (development). g-league just sounds like a stupid gimmick league like the xfl.

RaySmuckles fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Feb 15, 2017

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

He did a lot of things that were good for optics early in his presidency (pardoning the Vietnam draft dodgers, starting a national energy policy) that distracted from the fact that he and his congress completely sold out the political establishment to corporate interests and extinguished the hope of the progressive era, which by no coincidence ended with Allen Iverson's retirement, for good.

Counterpoint: Carter legalized home brewing of beer.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
What the hell is the G league?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Here is a friendly reminder that Lance Stephenson turned down a 5 year, 44 million dollar contract from the pacers before the 14-15 season.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

What the hell is the G league?

Basketball in the projects.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Casey is somehow going to still play Poetrl over Ibaka. He loves Haboroughian players who can commit 4 fouls in 4 minutes.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

He also brought fundamental Christianity into the political sphere but he's a nice old man you leave him alone!

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Need 66th take to weigh in on the G-League

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

RaySmuckles posted:

yes, but why and for how long? people are talking about it because the name is stupid and fewer people will take "g-league" seriously (as fans) since at least d-league had an explanation for what it was in the title (development). g-league just sounds like a stupid gimmick league like the xfl.

I think Gatorade is invested enough to try and push some money into advertising their new investment and will turn out better for the League. People watch all those crazy rear end Red Bull things because Red Bull makes just a big push for all of them, who's to say Gatorade doesn't start putting G-League commercials up and getting more eyes on that league.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Counterpoint: Carter legalized home brewing of beer.

He could also ball.

top row, 2nd from left

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Why can't they just model it after minor league baseball with a fluid system for moving players between the associated teams for development and rehab purposes? They could also copy the goofy jersey nights.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

dokmo posted:

He could also ball.

top row, 2nd from left
Sure but with the advancements in sports science, diet, and athleticism, prime Obama would smoke prime Carter

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Why can't they just model it after minor league baseball with a fluid system for moving players between the associated teams for development and rehab purposes? They could also copy the goofy jersey nights.

Because not every G-League team is associated with a single NBA team.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Brandon Roy is a good high school coach apparently https://twitter.com/OregonianSports/status/831881431521624064

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I don't know anything about baseball but nba teams that either own or have a hybrid ownership with d league teams do send their players down all the time to get minutes or to rehab. Not all teams have this arrangement with a dleague team.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Roy always seemed like a really smart player so I don't doubt it.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
There's what like 5 teams left without a D league team now so it is just a matter of time before it can function like a true minor league system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Model it after soccer so the Brooklyn Nets get relegated and I never have to watch their lovely team ever again.

I'm sure the... *looks up D-League on wikipedia* Sioux Falls Skyforce couldn't be much worse.

• Locked thread