Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
man Infernew is super fun to watch

e: oh man that fake attack on B was played super awesomely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS
Holy shiiiiiiit this map owns. Wallbangs for days

E: oh god stop showing the "crowd"

Phosphene fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Feb 15, 2017

Big L
Oct 30, 2005

Fedora Emelianenko

ArmZ posted:

is hiko still sucking? I'm guessing he's not IGL on this team?

NAF is supposed to be IGL.

Edit: epic spray by Magisk https://clips.twitch.tv/dreamhackcs/TamePigeonJonCarnage

Big L fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Feb 15, 2017

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Phosphene posted:

I'm pretty sure he is actually. And the way inferno is laid out, you can lurk literally everywhere which works well for him. 11-4 half in favor of optic. Lets see what their t side is like though.

NAF is calling. Hiko was tearing it up on CT side.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I don't think I like that they're back to the 2-minute time out.

Hiko with 21 frags, that was Not Bad!

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS
Ah yeah NAF is calling. I remember hiko saying something about finding his footing as a player and he struggled to be both igl and a fragger.
Also i'm not sure if infernew is a good barometer for how good optic will be.

E:clarity

Phosphene fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Feb 15, 2017

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I hope Hiko becomes a clutch player again now that he doesn't have to IGL. Optic looked great with him.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
So sad for North, you will get them next time lil men :)

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

nigga crab pollock posted:

i turned it off and uninstalled the app but i guess i had to restart to get it to actually apply cause it works fine now

microsoft!

Oh I didn't realize you could uninstall the app, should do this ASAP. Idk how a feature which fucks every game up made it into production

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Famethrowa posted:

I hope Hiko becomes a clutch player again now that he doesn't have to IGL. Optic looked great with him.

Me too. Now he can focus on his plays. Sometimes on his stream he'll narrate his thoughts when he's trying to make a play, and I feel like he's the kind of guy that just needs to think and focus on his next moves rather than just let instinct and reactions take control. Because when he can lurk and make sneaky clutch plays he's at his best.

Hopefully he has a real banger of a tournament and gets picked up by Optic for real.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

this is the weirdest loving music for a CS tournament I've ever heard

like, its still better than the metallica poo poo last major but still

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

RyokoTK posted:

Hopefully he has a real banger of a tournament and gets picked up by Optic for real.

Wait what do you mean 'for real'? I thought he was currently apart of the team and not just a 'stand in.'

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Last I heard he has not been officially signed by Optic, but maybe that changed. Peacemaker was signed, Hiko is standing in.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

RyokoTK posted:

Me too. Now he can focus on his plays. Sometimes on his stream he'll narrate his thoughts when he's trying to make a play, and I feel like he's the kind of guy that just needs to think and focus on his next moves rather than just let instinct and reactions take control. Because when he can lurk and make sneaky clutch plays he's at his best.
the

Optic would be pretty silly to not pick him up imo. Every team needs a brainy lurker of some sort (Optic is famously peanut brained :downs:), and I can't remember any other NA players with both intelligence and aim.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

my understanding that he has a short term contract that ends really soon

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
is dazed allowed to coach teams

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Up Circle posted:

is dazed allowed to coach teams

Not in any valve events

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Misfits are...beating VP right now? Sick and Twistzzz looking like world class players.

edit: Shazam still trash, nothing new

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Feb 15, 2017

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Famethrowa posted:

Misfits are...beating VP right now? Sick and Twistzzz looking like world class players.

T-sided cbble, not surprised VP ran it back and won

vv Granted I didn't actually watch most of the match :v:

canoshiz fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Feb 15, 2017

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

canoshiz posted:

T-sided cbble, not surprised VP ran it back and won

Couple boneheaded plays and completely whiffed shots. Misfits shoulda had it.

edit: woooowhatnowswedes.avi

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Feb 15, 2017

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Apparently killing a teammate as the round starts gets you banned for 24 hours.

Tax Oddity
Apr 8, 2007

The love cannon has a very short range, about 2 feet, so you're inevitably out of range. I have to close the distance.

drunken officeparty posted:

Apparently killing a teammate as the round starts gets you banned for 24 hours.

You were banned for 30 minutes, then 2 hours, and now 24 hours within the last week or two. Killing (or injuring?) a teammate near spawn/at round start will always result in a ban.

The next ban will be for a week.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Yeah but the other ones were on accident.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

drunken officeparty posted:

Yeah but the other ones were on accident.

Oh. That's a mistake then. In that case, you should email gaben@valvesoftware.com to have him remove those infractions from your history. usually takes a day or two

stump collector
May 28, 2007
why dont you wait a few seconds like normal people do

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
How does one "accidentally" spawn kill teammates in this game?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
NiKo carrying NiKosports to another victory. Think he's up to 35 frags at this point lol.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
I hope he drops 40 against faze :allears:

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Smol posted:

How does one "accidentally" spawn kill teammates in this game?

No that one was on purpose. I didn't know you had to wait and thought it would just take money and say the "don't do that 2 more times im serious" message.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
It'd be interesting if you could only play 'ranked' on active duty maps, and the inactive ones like dust2 only match by current rank but don't impact your rank at the end, so it's like casual mm.

Who am I kidding, people would jump on that instantly to be total shitheads to their team with no penalty. Ah well. It was a nice idea until I typed it out.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
if you want to play dust2 without worrying about your rank just start a goonman

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Speak for yourself, I guess. I'm trying to think of a way to justify even having an 'active duty' separator for MM to begin with. It's pretty pointless atm

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:
Help I'm addicted to buying skins :sigh:

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

Xenaero posted:

Speak for yourself, I guess. I'm trying to think of a way to justify even having an 'active duty' separator for MM to begin with. It's pretty pointless atm

If only there were automatic tourneys every so often like wc3 ladder had or playhem made before it folded. Would be cool IMO.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

yolandi posted:

Could be worse, you could be addicted to opening cases...

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

yolandi posted:

At least you can sell them when you're done with this garbage game

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Xenaero posted:

It'd be interesting if you could only play 'ranked' on active duty maps, and the inactive ones like dust2 only match by current rank but don't impact your rank at the end, so it's like casual mm.

Who am I kidding, people would jump on that instantly to be total shitheads to their team with no penalty. Ah well. It was a nice idea until I typed it out.

To be honest, I wish they'd make a 5v5 casual with no friendly fire, and no armor/kit starting. Kinda a warmup between casual and comp, and maybe based on rank.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
yeah that'd be amazing actually

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

Xenaero posted:

it's not supposed to have a point, it's just an indicator of which maps pro tournaments are currently taking place on. also I think if you create a fresh MM lobby and reset the settings to default, only the active duty maps are checked. but you should be able to get a ranked "serious" game on whatever map you want imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

real dilemma posted:

it's not supposed to have a point, it's just an indicator of which maps pro tournaments are currently taking place on. also I think if you create a fresh MM lobby and reset the settings to default, only the active duty maps are checked. but you should be able to get a ranked "serious" game on whatever map you want imo

Legit the map on which I have played The Most Serious Game of Counter-Strike is probably militia, which I tried maybe twice. Each time people were super into playing what apparently was the meta + trying rly hard.