Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Yesterday's Kenny G interview. Oh my god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I'm going to have to listen to this interview because outside of middle aged women with a houseful of cats, I'm not sure I have ever seen people so excited over Kenneth Gorlick

Arnold Layne
Nov 4, 2008

Ehud posted:

Yesterday's Kenny G interview. Oh my god.

Don't miss today's that happened about a half hour ago because it is a work of art.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

weird Asian candy posted:

I'm going to have to listen to this interview because outside of middle aged women with a houseful of cats, I'm not sure I have ever seen people so excited over Kenneth Gorlick

He's been on every day this week

Listen in order

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Kenny G absolutely loving gets the show, my god

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Vertical Lime posted:

something involving le batard's flagship station

https://twitter.com/Entercom/status/827127594315309056

a funny side effect is they have to sell one of the two feuding sports stations in boston

God let it be WEEI and banish Callahan to whatever rock out of Southie he came from and have him take Minihane too.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I swear if we don't get a reaction to "WHATS the single most important thing thefalconshavetodotobeatthepatriots" today I'll be disappointed.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

RBX posted:

I swear if we don't get a reaction to "WHATS the single most important thing thefalconshavetodotobeatthepatriots" today I'll be disappointed.

the fact that no one has said anything almost makes it funnier

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Oh my god, that epic sound of Stugotz talking himself out of a ticket while doing an interview...

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

hahahaha the compilation of the Stugotz question is killing me

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

This might be the best week they have ever had.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

yeah it's all downhill from here

there is nothing more lebatard show than the highlight of Super Bowl week being an interview with Kenny G and Richard Marx

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjHmVf_k4Sk

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5D18T0Xz_E
Is this from August or earlier?

Mandibular Fiasco
Oct 14, 2012
Anyone listen to the Ben Maller Show? Fox Sports Radio 2am Eastern/11pm Pacific --> 6 am Eastern/3am Pacific. The whole thing is mostly madness, and I can't stay up to listen much because it's on so late, but some of the callers are absolutely hilarious. Jeannie in Medford, RealTalk, WeedManHippy, Lance the Bus Driver...sometimes it sounds like Phil Hendrie, but with actual real people.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
I'm still not sure if the best response was Kenny G or David Diehl, they were both hilarious.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Oh god.

I agree. Kenny G gets that show.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Good Lord Lebatard is firing on all cylinders lately. Dirty Demon of Debate nailing Cote on the hard network out, the Stephen A joke, vintage Ron.

Seriously, I have never laughed as hard while driving than when Mike made the Stephen A joke.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

swickles posted:

Good Lord Lebatard is firing on all cylinders lately. Dirty Demon of Debate nailing Cote on the hard network out, the Stephen A joke, vintage Ron.

Seriously, I have never laughed as hard while driving than when Mike made the Stephen A joke.

I loved Cote mixing up @and &, and Mike losing his poo poo over a $2 fine. Was laughing the whole time.

Arnold Layne
Nov 4, 2008

so yeah ...

https://twitter.com/KrisPhoSho/status/829772020506324993

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/18653217/offer-buy-miami-marlins-being-prepared-owner-jeffrey-loria

Arnold Layne fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Feb 9, 2017

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The grid of death rules

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Bill Paxton was a really good interview.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Tim MacMahon is a gem and I wish he'd pop up on more podcasts than just Tuesdays on TrueHoop. Also, Brian Windhorst is the biggest bitch under God's hot sun and I wish he'd get banished to NBA.tv or something.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Stugotz's restaurant reservations are amazing

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

a neat cape posted:

Its not just getting the reservation, its getting it at the exact time he wants. Like once he got what he wanted, he just kept escalating. I have sweet talked my way into airport lounges before, but now I am setting my sights higher.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

fishing with the fam posted:

Did they confirm it was cancer with Terry? They were never very specific on the show or in any of the articles I read. I just know he was out a lot over the last year due to surgery. I hope the dude is okay, and it definitely sounds like it was time for him to retire.
Bernstein and Goff can be surprisingly entertaining when they start BSing about random non-sports topics.

When they moved Goff to the afternoon slot with Bernstein, they paired Spiegel with some dude named Danny Parkins. I can't put my finger on why, but there is something about Parkins I dislike.

Old post but yeah.

Parkins is growing on me. I figured out what my problem with him was and it's that he has the stereotypical "RADIO GUY VOICE" and cadence on a station that recently hasn't had a guy like that.

Dan and Goff is amazing. Goff is antagonistic enough and willing to check Dan which means Dan is unable to just go on long diatribes about his sources and his opinions on things.

Dan sounds more like he did years and years ago. And Goff has always been the goods radio wise, so happy to see him moving up in the radio world.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

a neat cape posted:

I just listened to it. This is one of his best ones ever.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Dexo posted:

Dan sounds more like he did years and years ago. And Goff has always been the goods radio wise, so happy to see him moving up in the radio world.

While it sucks to say, I really think Terry tried to hang on too long and his presence hurt more than helped over the last couple of years. His general lack of presence seemed to exacerbate some of Bernstein's worst characteristics.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

fishing with the fam posted:

While it sucks to say, I really think Terry tried to hang on too long and his presence hurt more than helped over the last couple of years. His general lack of presence seemed to exacerbate some of Bernstein's worst characteristics.

Yeah Terry at some point just became a sound board essentially, and a echo chamber for Dan it felt like.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Dexo posted:

Yeah Terry at some point just became a sound board essentially, and a echo chamber for Dan it felt like.

Very much so. It got painful to listen to. If there is anyone that doesn't need to be echoed, it's Dan Bernstein.

Flimflam Man
Apr 18, 2007

My strategy is so simple an idiot could have devised it.
I've been listening to Valenti & Foster for close to a decade on 97.1 The Ticket in Detroit. Mike has really lightened up the last few years and actually seems to enjoy his job, but without losing his edge in analysis or dealing with stupid callers. Maybe getting a huge vote of confidence from ownership when the Lions tried to get him fired and instead got booted themselves gave him the warm and fuzzies.

I'm also glad Terry is back after his extended absence, as I couldn't stand listening to Jeff Riger trying to out-rear end in a top hat Mike for no discernible reason other than that he's horrible.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Dan's Dad singing Chris Isaak is something I never knew I needed.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

algebra testes posted:

Dan's Dad singing Chris Isaak is something I never knew I needed.

You should probably check out his readings of 50 Shades of Grey then.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/gregcote/status/834542662753669120

:haw:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

My takeaway from the show today: AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Flimflam Man posted:

I've been listening to Valenti & Foster for close to a decade on 97.1 The Ticket in Detroit. Mike has really lightened up the last few years and actually seems to enjoy his job, but without losing his edge in analysis or dealing with stupid callers. Maybe getting a huge vote of confidence from ownership when the Lions tried to get him fired and instead got booted themselves gave him the warm and fuzzies.

I'm also glad Terry is back after his extended absence, as I couldn't stand listening to Jeff Riger trying to out-rear end in a top hat Mike for no discernible reason other than that he's horrible.

Riger loving sucks and does not get when to just stop. Having T-Fos back has been great.

Valenti is great and now that him and terry are back together my afternoon drives have improved a lot.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I don't know the context, or background to "Setting up Greg Cote to miss the hard network breaks" but it destroys me every time it happens.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

algebra testes posted:

I don't know the context, or background to "Setting up Greg Cote to miss the hard network breaks" but it destroys me every time it happens.

I missed the show today and haven't had a chance to catch up on podcast, but I saw on twitter it was epic. My favorite is the non conventional and clearly super carefully timed out ones that catch him. Like playing the whole intro for the Back in My Day have him say two syllables and then cut off. I also like how they bring in others to get him randomly, like Allison got him this week for what I think is the first time.

The origin of it is that in radio within an hour, the segments are controlled by the producers of the show. If a segment goes long because its an interview, they adjust the next one to be shorter. However, at the end of every hour is the "hard network out" where they are over-ridden no matter what. They used to end it by simply screaming HARD NETWORK OUT at the last second, but then they just decided to let Cote stumble into it. After trying to fix it through various methods (including Dan wearing a literal countdown clock on his hat) and Cote still failing, they just decided to see if they could walk him into it as much as possible.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

swickles posted:

I also like how they bring in others to get him randomly, like Allison got him this week for what I think is the first time.

I loved that so much. It's not enough to have Dan or Stu dunk on Cote anymore. Now they're setting up alley-oops.

The only cutoff more vicious than getting Cote to start a Back in my Day two seconds before the show ended was getting him in the middle of a somber thought about Jose Fernandez the day after he died. That one made me gasp out loud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol @ the twitter beef between Michael Rapaport and LeBatard's crew

https://twitter.com/SliceMiami/status/835543487680561152

Roy got involved and this happened

https://twitter.com/MichaelRapaport/status/835511658147680258

:chloe: