Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

FistEnergy posted:

Huh. I'm loving Dandy Dungeon - especially the sound effects - and I think it has a fun, Earthbound-y feel. I'm enjoying the RPG elements and I haven't had any problems connecting to the server

Ness wasn't a 34 year old man falling in love with an 18 year old high school student :colbert:. Also that EULA is some stupid poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

the auschwitz diet posted:

Gems of War is pretty OK, if a bit arcane. It's relatively friendly to f2p (no ads, takes quite some time to hit any real grinds) and is a good match 3 fix. There is a thread and some goon clans. I'd probably still be playing regularly if I wasn't enjoying Gumballs.

Just going to add its not that hard to get into a guild in the top 40 and at that point if you can keep up with the guild requirements (usually about 5-6 hours per week of game play) you get absolutely flooded with IAP currency and equivalents. The guild I am in is ranked 18th and will jump to 17th next reset and I get probably 30-50usd of IAP stuff per week from guild rewards. If you like puzzle quest its probably the best game of its type available.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Malek posted:

Ness wasn't a 34 year old man falling in love with an 18 year old high school student

That was exactly the part where I checked out

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Free Kid Friendly Games
SpongeBob Moves In
Doc McStuffins Mobile Clinic Rescue
Blaze and the Monster Machines

Games On Sale
Toca Life: City: $0.99 (Kid Friendly)
Sago Mini Robot Party: $0.99 (Kid Friendly)
Teeny Titans: $0.49
LEGO Batman: Beyond Gotham: $0.99
LEGO Batman: DC Super Heroes: $0.99
Goat Simulator: $2.49

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Amazon Underground has many decent free kids games, including many Dr Panda games.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Amazon Underground has many decent free kids games, including many Dr Panda games.

Unless you live in Canada.

Amazon removed free app a day for Canada when they introduced Underground, and Canada isn't getting Underground anytime soon.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Could I use any of the existing cheap VR devices out there to basically wear my phone on my face so it seems like I'm playing on a big screen? Like, without the actual VR functionality? Or is there something out there that would deliver that effect?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

there's that dumb motorola tv commercial going around with their phone that you can snap-on a projector to the back of it

maybe try IYG

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Google has the instructions to make a Cardboard viewer right on their website. All you need is a box and something to cut the box with.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Just remember that for the best fit, you should hold the cardboard over your face while cutting it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

IAmTheRad posted:

Google has the instructions to make a Cardboard viewer right on their website. All you need is a box and something to cut the box with.

You have to buy the lenses too, right?

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

codo27 posted:

Could I use any of the existing cheap VR devices out there to basically wear my phone on my face so it seems like I'm playing on a big screen? Like, without the actual VR functionality? Or is there something out there that would deliver that effect?

I can do this with movies on my Plex and its amazing. Would love to know this answer as well.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
eternal card game is a fun combo of mtg/hearthstone designed by some magic pros (lsv being one of them). it is in open beta and is free to play. you can buy gems for boosters and stuff, but it is exceptionally unnecessary because of how generous the reward systems are in game. there is also a thread in the games forum for strategy chat. also you keep all the cards you draft in forge (hearthstone arena) and draft (magic draft) modes which makes getting into constructed 100 times easier than in hearthstone.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

inSTAALed posted:

eternal card game is a fun combo of mtg/hearthstone designed by some magic pros (lsv being one of them). it is in open beta and is free to play. you can buy gems for boosters and stuff, but it is exceptionally unnecessary because of how generous the reward systems are in game. there is also a thread in the games forum for strategy chat. also you keep all the cards you draft in forge (hearthstone arena) and draft (magic draft) modes which makes getting into constructed 100 times easier than in hearthstone.

This sounds cool. Any chance you could link the beta info/site or perhaps the thread?

vvvv Thank you, sir!

Trastion fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Feb 14, 2017

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Trastion posted:

This sounds cool. Any chance you could link the beta info/site or perhaps the thread?

Here's the thread, here's the Play Store link.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

Trastion posted:

vvvv Thank you, sir!

oops sorry! 100% meant to do that at the end but got sidetracked at work and just assumed i had already done it when i got back to that post

thanks for linking, kyrosiris

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

You have to buy the lenses too, right?

All the instructions are on Google's website for Cardboard.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Those kairosoft games are complete crack. I lost an entire afternoon to, ironically, game dev. story.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Batman: Arkham Underworld, a Clash of Clans type thing with Batman villains is now out for Android.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

mrkillboy posted:

Batman: Arkham Underworld, a Clash of Clans type thing with Batman villains is now out for Android.

It looks solid. Turbine is involved (of LotRO and DDO fame) so I have high hopes.

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Ka0 posted:

Those kairosoft games are complete crack. I lost an entire afternoon to, ironically, game dev. story.

If you think that's bad - wait until you get to Ninja Village or Dungeon Village where you can pull out graphing paper to design the ultimate village designed to maximise your resources.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

Gen 2 Pokemon Go update is out and live. Caught a Spinarak in my front yard already.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Tornhelm posted:

If you think that's bad - wait until you get to Ninja Village or Dungeon Village where you can pull out graphing paper to design the ultimate village designed to maximise your resources.

Yeah, Dungeon Village took up basically a weekend when I first played it. Definitely my favorite kairosoft game, but haven't installed it again since.

E: speaking of kairosoft, had anyone tried 8 but farm? I want to play kairosoft Stardew Valley basically, would that be a good fit?

foutre fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Feb 17, 2017

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

foutre posted:

Yeah, Dungeon Village took up basically a weekend when I first played it. Definitely my favorite kairosoft game, but haven't installed it again since.

E: speaking of kairosoft, had anyone tried 8 but farm? I want to play kairosoft Stardew Valley basically, would that be a good fit?

Nope. Not even close.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Unless dandy dungeon suddenly stops being a "cover all the blocks" puzzle game then yeah - gently caress this boring poo poo.

When you get to level 25, all the levels require about 1,000 or more exp. Good times!

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

mrkillboy posted:

Seems pretty cool, has a mafia feel about it.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Roid666 posted:

Seems pretty cool, has a mafia feel about it.

Yeah, I generally have very little interest in these kinds of games but it's pretty decent. It's also very polished.

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

coyo7e posted:

Unless dandy dungeon suddenly stops being a "cover all the blocks" puzzle game then yeah - gently caress this boring poo poo.

When you get to level 25, all the levels require about 1,000 or more exp. Good times!

This is where I'm at with it as well. It was near for a moment but the grind is becoming more apparent and less fun.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

AlexDeGruven posted:

Gen 2 Pokemon Go update is out and live. Caught a Spinarak in my front yard already.

Is there trading or battling yet or is it still just a walking sim?

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!

Len posted:

Is there trading or battling yet or is it still just a walking sim?
No trading or player battles, still "coming soon"

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

It's the exact same, mostly broken mess, just with more 3d models now.

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
Am I just out of luck if I have a rooted phone and want to play Pokemon Go?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

thedangergroove posted:

Am I just out of luck if I have a rooted phone and want to play Pokemon Go?

There are workarounds for running apps that dislike rooted phones...it involves mucking around to make the whiny app believe the phone isn't rooted. It also means you have to turn off automatic app updates, because often the root-checking functions in apps change and you have to tweak your evasion things before updating. You also run the risk of getting banned from apps if the app maker is really zealous about it and they "catch" your account trying to evade the root detection.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Unless you use Magisk then use the Magiskhide option if you have it rooted that way.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Crash Club is a neat looking online car combat game from the Land Sliders people that's looking for a bunch of beta testers. Anyone interested can sign up here.

cerhio
Feb 23, 2014
Just wanted to make everyone aware that an android version of Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead has been launches. It's just a beta but seems to run fine so far!

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Could you link to it? Or explain anything about it?

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Postknight seems polished but man you sure hit a wall in the 30s fast and hard. Then a salesman tries to hit you up for 10 bucks.

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

cerhio posted:

Just wanted to make everyone aware that an android version of Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead has been launches. It's just a beta but seems to run fine so far!

DemonMage posted:

Could you link to it? Or explain anything about it?

Probably this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.MichaelDavies.CataclysmDDA&hl=en

Post-Apocalypse Rogue-like... well more during the apocalypse rogue-like. Which apocalypse, you ask? All of them mostly. Zombies, nukes, all-consuming fungus, Love Craftian beasties, subterranean cults, etc. Basically just a sandbox full of goofy systems to mess with build your armored battle RV and travel the roads, raid a military base or secret lab, run screaming from zombified bears. Main problem I can see is that the game engine itself isn't (or at least wasn't) immaculately coded so I kinda expect it to slam into memory limits or otherwise be buggy, but cerhio says its running fine. So it might be worth poking if you like the sandboxy, Space Station 13, Dwarf Fortress Adventure Mode sort of interconnected simulation systems sort of game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Cataclysm was really fun when I tried it years ago, back when it was basically a world generator with some basic gameplay bits. I ran around, scavenged parts to make weapons, and blasted zombies. I tried that Android port and I think I'm going to go install it on my computer instead: it looks like it's come a long way, but the Android port still relies heavily on popping out the system keyboard to type one letter roguelike-style :lol:

e: it might be a lot better on a tablet! my phone is medium sized so the walls of roguelike text are really just too small for me

e2: it looks like "dark days ahead" is actually a fork of the original game, since the original developer has taken a hiatus

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Feb 19, 2017