Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

tao of lmao posted:

I work in records retention, and the era those documents come from is notoriously lovely quality-wise.

P interesting. Is there some kind of like an algorithm that can reconstruct the seemingly random dots into actual text?

e: is this some kind of housing discrimination thing? what the gently caress is this?

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Feb 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
just caught up, has anyone clocked these lols?

this has to be approaching a landspeed record

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
its the lol singularity

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Yep rental discrimination

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
loving-A, everyday I am sure that I cannot get any more LOLs out of this administration, and every day I am proven wrong

Taken down by Oprah, Goddess of Housewives, lol, owned

Also, LOL at Trump calling Netanyahu bibi, like my wife calling me papi

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

unpacked robinhood posted:

Did he straight up call Netanyahu "Bibi" lmaooo

i cant

its just

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

SniperWoreConverse posted:

P interesting. Is there some kind of like an algorithm that can reconstruct the seemingly random dots into actual text?

yeah you can de-noise images and do reconstruction easy peasy but you need a certain amount of information to start with and the characters that were on the top part of the page are way too far gone to reconstruct, at least from that particular image. A scan under better lighting/compression conditions might give you more to work but if not then *shrug* because this isn't important enough to subject to whatever alchemy that archaeologists use to reconstruct faded text on ancient unearthed parchments. Hell, it's probably not even important enough to bother to rescan.

Apparently the text gets much more readable 50 pages in and says some pretty damning stuff

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Yeah looks like it was pretty systematic. Certain people ended up on the "waiting list," some people instantly got the apartment, etc

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

im flying high on my lmaoplane

e: and its the jank-rear end misspelled poster on the wall in the background gat dam lol

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
Spent bout 2 hours of my work day loling about trump with my boss

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i told my boss id put twitter alerts on for trump and she asked if that doesnt just make me angry

i was like no its incredibly funny

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
   lol
   /

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Fdr had fireside chats.

Donald trump has early morning tweet sessions that are likely more regular and on schedule than his fast food bowel movements.

Lol

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

maybe a repost but

http://the-daily.buzz/a/twitter-sho...03c354c456e1db2

quote:

When the Department of Education quoted civil rights activist W.E.B. Du Bois, they honored him with a typo.

The tweet said, "Education must not simply teach work — it must teach life," and it credited somebody named "W.E.B. DeBois."

William Edward Burghardt "W. E. B" Du Bois was the first African American to earn a doctorate at Harvard University, and was a co-founder of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People in 1909.

It was Du Bois who was supposed to be quoted. Not W.E.B. "DeBois."

Internet trolls were quick to point out the error, and the tweet was removed by the department three hours later.

Situation solved.

But what already started out as a slippery slope became greasier when a followup tweet was posted with the misspelling of "apologies."

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://i.imgur.com/N0W2MEY.mp4

lol

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Tangentially related, Nickelback got a sick burn in on Arnold Schwarzenegger:

Big Butt Skinner
Apr 16, 2005

Blueprints of the dummy...
Notarized photos of you making the dummy...
And an alternate wording for the banner: "Buttzilla."
Arnold's reply is p sick though

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Wandle Shaytham posted:

He's cool under pressure.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Latest post from my far-right half-brother:

quote:

Hey liberals......hate to pop your bubble, but Trump is the president regardless whether you acknowledge it or not. March all you want. Protest all you want. Cover both ears and scream LA LA LA LA ...this is not real. When your temper tantrum is over...shut your mouth and get back to work...OR leave. Obama is gone and somebody dropped a house on the wicked witch of Washington. Make America Great Again !

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Wandle Shaytham posted:

Arnold post-politics is the chillest old wiseass ever. Arnie's youtube channel is what Trump thinks his twitter account is.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Egbert Souse posted:

Latest post from my far-right half-brother:

Rly makes u think

Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012
cats are so poo poo I bet they would vote for trump

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Jerry Steinfeld posted:

cats are so poo poo I bet they would vote for trump

Cats would have voted for Johnson just out of spite.

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

Tumultuous times inspire great art.

Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012

Egbert Souse posted:

Cats would have voted for Johnson just out of spite.

even worse

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

And NPR interviewee just brought up Trump's unpredictability as a positive aspect. And then referenced Nixon as an example of why it's a good thing.

E: interviewee!

Mr. Merdle fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Feb 16, 2017

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Lil Peeler posted:

And NPR interview we just brought up Trump's unpredictability as a positive aspect. And then referenced Nixon as an example of why it's a good thing.

NPR IS LIE BERAL MSM DEE FUND DEE FUND DEE FUND

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

You know the best part of this is knowing that all this lovable chaos in action will appear in some future kids history book and it will probably be this boring little paragraph that glosses over the whole affair which the kid will immediately forget.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Minimalist Program posted:

He is going there to have sex

Enjoy your trip, Mr Program

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

FoolyCharged posted:

You know the best part of this is knowing that all this lovable chaos in action will appear in some future kids history book and it will probably be this boring little paragraph that glosses over the whole affair which the kid will immediately forget.

nah i think trump being a russian piss spy will make for an entertaining history lesson - if there are still schools in the future

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

FoolyCharged posted:

this makes me wonder about if history was actually way more hilarious in person

like iirc andrew jackson's administration was supposedly pretty drat bonkers

e: or maybe i'm thinking of jefferson. supposedly TJ intentionally wore wildly mismatched and out of style clothing just because, as president, he could

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Feb 16, 2017

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

OMGVBFLOL posted:

i mean COME ON loving lol

"At least I got a big DICK"

-our president

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

still. lolling. good god man

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Romes128 posted:

Imma loving lmao if we get a trump piss vid

Even more than i am now

loljacking will be a thing

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
lolling at the silence ITT because I know it means something horrible is brewing in the white house right now

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

proof of concept posted:

yeah you can de-noise images and do reconstruction easy peasy but you need a certain amount of information to start with and the characters that were on the top part of the page are way too far gone to reconstruct, at least from that particular image. A scan under better lighting/compression conditions might give you more to work but if not then *shrug* because this isn't important enough to subject to whatever alchemy that archaeologists use to reconstruct faded text on ancient unearthed parchments. Hell, it's probably not even important enough to bother to rescan.

Apparently the text gets much more readable 50 pages in and says some pretty damning stuff

Apparently, there are some pretty amazing gray-scale scanners out there that can work wonders. My particular employer chose preservation over digitization at a point because it was cheaper if you can believe it. Most times a simple rescan with current equipment can be a noticeable improvement, but almost everything I've handled from the late-70's early 80's is a really bad copy of a copy type poo poo.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A misanthrope posted:

what the gently caress is he even trying to say? because it sheds a bad light on him it is unamerican?

it's done from a windowless van with a Trump/Pence sticker

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Me when I think the President is Donald Trump

If only light skinned North Korean lady agent could save us from another fat goon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.
Can anyone honestly say that, had they known in advance how entertaining a Trump presidency would be, they wouldn't have actively voted for it?

I put it to you that you cannot.