Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Why do yall hate this man enjoying his dip?!

I don't hate Chad, he's a perfect fit to be the back up QB in Jacksonville.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
He's better than Blake Bortles.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Agreed.

Bort sucks. Sorry but, BUST.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I think Gus broke Bortles. Bort could have, should have been better. :smith:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Man and his dog posted:

Agreed.

Bort sucks. Sorry but, BUST.

Bort was acceptable his first few seasons before that lovely QB "guru" Gus brought in hosed him up

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

GaussianCopula posted:

My general principle: Athletes should stay out of politics and politicians should stay out of sports.

Whats it like being really loving incorrect?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ostentatious posted:

Whats it like being really loving incorrect?

Tom Brady should stay out of politics.

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

People who didn't vote for Trump should stay out of politics.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

incompetent posted:

People who didn't vote for Trump should stay out of politics.

incompetent posted:

I'm sorry, but did the Patriots already lose? Oh, that's right. The game isn't even over yet. In fact, it's not even halftime. Does not having the lead at this point count as a loss? Is that what you're saying? Because if you're saying that I can assure you that you're wrong. Why would you make this post when the game is still on? The Patriots are still playing right now and they have been the best team in the AFC East for how many years now? They're playing one of the worst teams in the NFL who just happen to have a lead because they're feeding off the energy of playing in a Super Bowl for the first time in 18 years. But you know what? They still loving suck. The Patriots are one of the best loving teams in the NFL, they went 12-4 last year and would of won the Super Bowl if Manning didn't have to secure a Lombardi his last year because MUH CHICKEN PARM PAPA JOHNS LEGACY. Maybe you should shut the gently caress up before you have retarded thoughts like this. You know why? Because you're going to be embarrassed when the Patriots wins and someone bumps this topic. Oh look at that, the Falcons have a higher chance of winning now, just like Hillary did. Are you a loving drunk? Are you retarded? Are you autistic? You are a loving idiot and you should never make a topic on this board again and I'm loving serious. I almost have a feeling you're the only guy making all these anti-Patiots posts because you're a human being hater who doesn't like the team because they're good. gently caress you, be good at something in YOUR life and then maybe try to troll these loving teams on the board, like I give a gently caress. It's so easy to spot out your posts now, you're a retard. Always doing stupid poo poo like this. Why don't you try to be a good poster? Just for once? For once in your loving life try not to make a post like this. That's just you, you're always right at getting it wrong. gently caress you. You are nothing.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
So in 2016, the San Diego Chargers were about middle of the pack in terms of average ticket price, about 82 dollars per ticket. The Bears were the most expensive at about 131 per ticket.

The 2017 Los Angeles Chargers average ticket will be about 192 dollars.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Right about pats, wrong about politics

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Chichevache posted:

Tom Brady should stay out of politics.

Agreed

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

Tom Brady should go into politics when he retires.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

a neat cape posted:

So in 2016, the San Diego Chargers were about middle of the pack in terms of average ticket price, about 82 dollars per ticket. The Bears were the most expensive at about 131 per ticket.

All three facts in this post surprised me.

The bears? Is their stadium super small or something?

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
I gotta tell ya, it's going to be real hard to get excited about football season again if Smith if the QB. I know how it ends. 9-7 and/or a first round exit.

I know that's a good problem to have for the bottom 15 teams in the league but geez.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

The problem with my team is they just win too gosh darned much to care about anymore!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chromatic posted:

I gotta tell ya, it's going to be real hard to get excited about football season again if Smith if the QB. I know how it ends. 9-7 and/or a first round exit.

I know that's a good problem to have for the bottom 15 teams in the league but geez.

He's good enough that there isn't an obvious upgrade, he's bad enough that you desperately want to upgrade from him. I have no clue what the answer is, I want to draft Mahomes but should that happen I also want Alex Smith to the be the quarterback for the next 2 years.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Lions are shaking down Detroit for millions of dollars renovating Ford Field like decent folk.

The new video boards are three times as big as the old ones. But what is with the Copperplate? It looks like the Warriors logo.

They will also be welcoming ghosts into the stadium for the first time.

Seriously, why do these renders always look so weird?

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

All three facts in this post surprised me.

The bears? Is their stadium super small or something?

Smallest stadium in the NFL until the Chargers start playing on a soccer field.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

He's good enough that there isn't an obvious upgrade, he's bad enough that you desperately want to upgrade from him. I have no clue what the answer is, I want to draft Mahomes but should that happen I also want Alex Smith to the be the quarterback for the next 2 years.

So, Mahomes is good? I have no knowledge about college QBs.

I'm going really disappointed if they don't throw themselves into trying to get a new QB in the draft. Even if whoever they draft turns out to be a bust I'll be rubbing my belly in contentment because they at least tried.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chromatic posted:

I'm going really disappointed if they don't throw themselves into trying to get a new QB in the draft. Even if whoever they draft turns out to be a bust I'll be rubbing my belly in contentment because they at least tried.

Might wanna wait on drafting a QB this year, not a whole out there.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

a neat cape posted:

Makes sense when your capacity is only 30,000 people.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chromatic posted:

He's very much definitely not good right now, he has the tools to be amazing if somehow he ever puts it together. That isn't going to happen quickly, so that's why I'd like Smith to finish out his contract if somehow the Chiefs draft him.

e: And just in general about him I hope he goes somewhere that he sits.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

whiteyfats posted:

Might wanna wait on drafting a QB this year, not a whole out there.

That's the conundrum. Yeah there's not a lot out there but Andy Reid is probably running out of time. Who knows how much time his arteries have left.

I wish I was kidding. :smith:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like Andy Reid. :smith: Hopes he gets a ring before he retires/dies on the sideline.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

whiteyfats posted:

I like Andy Reid. :smith: Hopes he gets a ring before he retires/dies on the sideline.

Didn't he get one with the Packers? Or do you just mean as a head coach?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Pops Mgee posted:

Makes sense when your capacity is only 30,000 people.

I kind of doubt prices are gonna come DOWN when we move into the Kroenkedome

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pops Mgee posted:

Wasn't he hired by Green Bay the year after they won?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Pops Mgee posted:

Rings only count for head coaches and quarterbacks. Duh.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Grittybeard posted:

Why would you condemn a poor goat like that?

which GOAT do you mean

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

whiteyfats posted:

Wasn't he hired by Green Bay the year after they won?

Nope 1992-1998. They won in '96.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Raku posted:

which GOAT do you mean

well, see avatar

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

whiteyfats posted:

At least we'll always have his goofy locker room celebrations after inexplicable comeback wins.

http://i.imgur.com/pByRrVM.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/8Tt0P5G.gifv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j971gLpNucY

Chromatic fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Feb 16, 2017

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

vince young is coming back

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

hifi posted:

Hell yeah.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick
This is good news.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
A HEARTY HOOK EM TO THE FUTURE STARTING QUARTERBACK OF THE SAN FRANCISCO FORTY NINERS

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

hifi posted:

Just what the NFL needed, a quarterback jealous of Tebow's passing efficiency.

a neat cape posted:

What will be the average when people actually buy them, aka from scalpers 4 minutes into the first quarter?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Does anyone have that Gendo(?) VY comic about driving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Grittybeard posted:

Why would you condemn a poor goat like that?

:getin:

• Locked thread