Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Improbable Lobster posted:

Having an app doesn't make them different from a taxi. Sorry that you had to turn to an unlicensed and exploitative jitney cab company because the legal companies were lovely in your town.

Local taxi companies don't have apps, I think. You'd have to google a number or flag down an existing taxi whereas you can summon an Uber or a Lyft with the push of a button.

Or if taxis do have apps, they're real bad at getting the word out. Marketing, bruh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Having an app doesn't make them different from a taxi. Sorry that you had to turn to an unlicensed and exploitative jitney cab company because the legal companies were lovely in your town.

Yes, it does make them different from a taxi, it means I can reliably get service instead of rolling the dice. I'm in the 3rd largest city in the US and cab companies suck not some backwater hick town.

Also, lol holier than thou about using uber/lyft when we're talking about avoiding drunk driving.

How's that computer going? You know, the one we are funding warlords in Africa so we can have resources to build.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

fruit on the bottom posted:

Local taxi companies don't have apps, I think. You'd have to google a number or flag down an existing taxi whereas you can summon an Uber or a Lyft with the push of a button.

Or if taxis do have apps, they're real bad at getting the word out. Marketing, bruh.

oh my god who cares

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Take it to D&D. It's not just a derail, it's a boring, over-visited derail.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
I wonder if the drunk driving friend lady could claim that she was so drunk, she didn't know the driver was drunk was well. "I'm sorry but I was so trashed, that I didn't notice that Christine couldn't walk straight!" "They just kind of loaded me into the car, I didn't see who was driving!" It would be a lie but it might get her out of it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Lots of taxi companies have apps. It's not hard to make an app to tell someone where you are.

MF_James posted:

Yes, it does make them different from a taxi, it means I can reliably get service instead of rolling the dice. I'm in the 3rd largest city in the US and cab companies suck not some backwater hick town.

Also, lol holier than thou about using uber/lyft when we're talking about avoiding drunk driving.

How's that computer going? You know, the one we are funding warlords in Africa so we can have resources to build.

It's really strange that you're getting so defensive about this. Perhaps you should take a cab out of this thread and perhaps the forums in general.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Is Mirthless saying something like: "He should have gotten over his twin's death if it was two decades ago! What a crybaby!"

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

MF_James posted:

poo poo like this is why people with big red titles should just go straight to the ignore list.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Sjs00 posted:

Is Mirthless saying something like: "He should have gotten over his twin's death if it was two decades ago! What a crybaby!"

no, that's not at all what I was saying

what I was saying was "I wonder what awful poo poo the OP left out, because they always leave something out"

I was neither trying to minimize what she did or make him out to be irrational and I'm really, really (legitimately) sorry if it came across that way to anybody.

Laughing Man
Feb 11, 2008
I thought what I’d do was pretend I was one of those deaf mutes, or something...

Lareine posted:

I wonder if the drunk driving friend lady could claim that she was so drunk, she didn't know the driver was drunk was well. "I'm sorry but I was so trashed, that I didn't notice that Christine couldn't walk straight!" "They just kind of loaded me into the car, I didn't see who was driving!" It would be a lie but it might get her out of it.

How is this less irresponsible than getting into a car to continue on your stag party tear sober? Oh yea honey we were so wasted after the first stop I forgot that my friends that were also drinking had to drive to the next bar.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Mirthless posted:

no, that's not at all what I was saying

what I was saying was "I wonder what awful poo poo the OP left out, because they always leave something out"

I was neither trying to minimize what she did or make him out to be irrational and I'm really, really (legitimately) sorry if it came across that way to anybody.

But what she did and his rationality are all that's at issue! Who cares if he robbed a bank in his youth or has a sour patch kid fetish?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It's good that woman is finally done with her bad garbage friend.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Laughing Man posted:

How is this less irresponsible than getting into a car to continue on your stag party tear sober? Oh yea honey we were so wasted after the first stop I forgot that my friends that were also drinking had to drive to the next bar.

At my stag party I couldn't have told you if the car was driven by a drunk person or a meerkat. At one point I didn't notice us changing establishments. It's arguably irresponsible to get that drunk, but I think it would be a stretch to say that I was in some way endorsing meerkat homicide by riding with one.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Subjunctive posted:

But what she did and his rationality are all that's at issue! Who cares if he robbed a bank in his youth or has a sour patch kid fetish?

Mirthless is required to be a Devil's advocate, except an even worse version who has personal experience with every story.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Subjunctive posted:

I was merely speculating on whether or not this was a recurring issue that lead to this sudden split, since it seemed hasty. :shrug: I didn't say he was wrong, I just figured there was more to the story.

WampaLord posted:

Mirthless is required to be a Devil's advocate, except an even worse version who has personal experience with every story.

I am not now and was never doing that on this topic, would you just stop? i know you can't keep your farts in but you've bragged about your ability to not take huge shits everywhere so stop

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

WampaLord posted:

I have an unusually deep reservoir of "benefit of the doubt", but I can't keep up.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Mirthless posted:

I didn't say he was wrong, I just figured there was more to the story.

More that was relevant to the righteous adjudication of the issue? We've got a lot to get through, man.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Subjunctive posted:

I have an unusually deep reservoir of "benefit of the doubt", but I can't keep up.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Subjunctive posted:

More that was relevant to the righteous adjudication of the issue? We've got a lot to get through, man.

You don't think it's even remotely possible that she might have a history of doing this to her fiance, or that that's worth speculating on at all or relevant to the topic?

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Feb 16, 2017

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Mirthless posted:

I was merely speculating on whether or not this was a recurring issue that lead to this sudden split, since it seemed hasty. :shrug: I didn't say he was wrong, I just figured there was more to the story.

I am not now and was never doing that on this topic, would you just stop? i know you can't keep your farts in but you've bragged about your ability to not take huge shits everywhere so stop

its not like this magically happened to you. people have dogpiled you because of pages and pages of really terrible posts. even if you are innocent here your brand has been tainted. have you thought about, i dont know, taking a break to give people a second to breathe without your lovely posts.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Mirthless posted:

You don't think it's even remotely possible that she might have a history of doing this to her fiance, or that that's worth speculating on at all or relevant to the topic?

poo poo, "remotely possible" would let me go on for hours. Maybe she's his twin, saved by alien scientists and transplanted into a new host body.

Let's say she has a history. What does that change? Once is enough. Four times is still enough.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

MissEchelon posted:

<Breaking up with a friend>
Shoulda just told her to get hosed and not come to the wedding I dunno how you could put up with a person that long, sounds absolutely exhausting.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

"Dear Chelsea, please find enclosed a bag of dicks for you to eat. No reply is necessary, or welcome. P.S. good luck with your class, you utter fuckwit."

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Subjunctive posted:

poo poo, "remotely possible" would let me go on for hours. Maybe she's his twin, saved by alien scientists and transplanted into a new host body.

Let's say she has a history. What does that change? Once is enough. Four times is still enough.

What does this have to do with my post? I wasn't trying to change anybody's mind about anything. I was engaging in idle discussion about the story, it's not my fault a bunch of you guys decided to take it upon yourselves to infer that I was calling him unreasonable

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Mirthless posted:

What does this have to do with my post? I wasn't trying to change anybody's mind about anything. I was engaging in idle discussion about the story, it's not my fault a bunch of you guys decided to take it upon yourselves to infer that I was calling him unreasonable

OK, I must have misread.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Subjunctive posted:

"Dear Chelsea, please find enclosed a bag of dicks for you to eat. No reply is necessary, or welcome. P.S. good luck with your class, you utter fuckwit."

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

ArbitraryC posted:

Shoulda just told her to get hosed and not come to the wedding I dunno how you could put up with a person that long, sounds absolutely exhausting.

You sound like a good, strong-willed person who does not let others walk all over them for the majority of their formative years. Will you go back in time and raise me plz.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Not really related to taxis, but did the stupid newbie avatar change or do I honest-to-goodness have an avatar now?

Asking for a friend. Who's on the Awful App.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Not really related to taxis, but did the stupid newbie avatar change or do I honest-to-goodness have an avatar now?

Asking for a friend. Who's on the Awful App.

It's just yours, congrats.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Mirthless posted:

Not really, it's pretty reasonable to split over drunk driving when a close relative died because of it.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I've arrived. Finally. :3:

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Remove some of the patient's blood.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Not really, it's pretty reasonable to split over drunk driving when a close relative died because of it.

:shrug: Fair enough, in the context of all the other stuff in the story and comments it just feels like there's more there. I can understand his motivation and wouldn't blame him for leaving, but I also don't know if that would be the most common reaction and figured there may be more to the story. I wasn't trying to make a judgement, I was just speculating about the details that got left out because I thought it was interesting.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Drunk Nerds posted:

:smug:But would you be saying that if their genders were reversed:smug:

Do you mean if they were both guys as opposed to girls? It would still be cute to maybe boost the anxious dude's confidence. :shrug:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Mirthless posted:

:shrug: Fair enough, in the context of all the other stuff in the story and comments it just feels like there's more there. I can understand his motivation and wouldn't blame him for leaving, but I also don't know if that would be the most common reaction and figured there may be more to the story. I wasn't trying to make a judgement, I was just speculating about the details that got left out because I thought it was interesting.

From the aside about how long ago the death happened I feel like she was downplaying how seriously he takes drunk driving if anything is missing.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Lots of taxi companies have apps. It's not hard to make an app to tell someone where you are.

It's really strange that you're getting so defensive about this. Perhaps you should take a cab out of this thread and perhaps the forums in general.

It never ceases to amaze me the hills some goons choose to die on. Hmm, yes, the reddit mock thread is surely the place for me to finally take a stand against the evils of ride-sharing :downs:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Do you mean if they were both guys as opposed to girls? It would still be cute to maybe boost the anxious dude's confidence. :shrug:

Nah I just wanted to get some easy slam dunks in... like this one:

"ewww why is this guy at the party ? He shits on the floor at like half of the parties I've been to. Look he just poo poo on the floor"
"Ummm, actually, I did not poo poo on the floor at this party, rear end in a top hat! My shoes just happen to look like turds!"

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Feb 16, 2017

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

TheScott2K posted:

poo poo like this is why people with big red titles should just go straight to the ignore list.

I assume you're referring to yourself as well. If not, well... make like a tree and get the gently caress out of here!

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

/r/relationships: the goats are his now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

lazorexplosion posted:

/r/relationships: the goats are his now

settled, now bring on the weregeld threads