Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The speed up option makes grinding stuff a lot easier in the PS4 port, I got Great Gospel fairly easily and I almost never do poo poo like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
The new prey got a press demo and there's lots of first hour footage

Its very extremely bioshock but with the actual -shock stuff still in there and not missing or hollowed out like bioshock.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Real hurthling! posted:

The new prey got a press demo and there's lots of first hour footage

Its very extremely bioshock but with the actual -shock stuff still in there and not missing or hollowed out like bioshock.

I'm excited to see it worded this way, have to check this out now.

A lot of people are saying it's "like Bioshock" and I know Bioshock was way more popular but Prey was released a solid year earlier and did the shocking rollercoaster intro thing and was just as heavily praised for it. Just once the final game came out and turned out to be super short it was forgotten. Choppy as hell writing too though, I'm excited about this new one.

I'm still a little sad the original Prey 2 wasn't actually being made by people who could deliver a product, because that scripted "alpha gameplay" video they showed off was awesome, there was nothing in it that was particularly not doable or unbelievable for a game even at that time.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Neo Rasa posted:

I, there was nothing in it that was particularly not doable or unbelievable for a game even at that time.

I disagree, the graphics and animation were way ahead of that gen and it was blatantly prerendered.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

For Honour could be good but it feels paper thin. The box advertises five modes. Three of these are "fight until enemy team all dead" in 1v1, 2v2 or 4v4.

There is a 4v4 mode where you respawn on death until one team gets enough points, then win by fighting until the enemy team all dead. This is the other 2 modes.

That's not a lot of variety.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

LordMune posted:

The mission is dumb and bad and what I ended up convincing myself must be true so as to avoid madness, is that camera positioning matters. I sincerely hope this is not actually true because it would be insanely stupid, but I found I could pull it off only (and even then not consistently) if the camera was more or less horizontal; Kat would then gracefully roll "forward" if I held up on the left stick and timed the dodge correctly. Does she try to roll into the ground if the camera is pointed straight down...? I managed it in the end, somehow.
Yeah, after like 50 attempts (some falling off the air buses too because after landing Kat handles about as gracefully as Geralt before the alternate movement patch) I finally got it. I have no idea what I did differently though; "hit R2 as you hit the ground" doesn't really leave much open for interpretation.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Electromax posted:

I was curious what the trophies for FF7 were, given the sale going on today:
https://www.exophase.com/game/final-fantasy-vii-ps4/trophies/

Even considering the global totals, a LOT more people have the Lv 99/9999999 gil/Great Gospel/Barret date trophies than I'd expect. And both Weapons. I guess if you're buying yet another copy, you're in it for the long haul...

There are boosts that trivialize everything, which is great if you just want to play through it again or for the first time and experience only the story. Barret date is the hardest trophy in the game to get, and max gil is as simple as using the boosts to blast through high AP enemies in about an hour and sell off your mastered All Materias.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I forgot that I still need to play Resident Evil 7, that should be a good gap-filler between Nioh and Nier.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
So what's the consensus on Horizon: Zero Dawn for those of you that have played it? Is it decent?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Morby posted:

So what's the consensus on Horizon: Zero Dawn for those of you that have played it? Is it decent?

it's not out yet for a few weeks. did some stores break street date or something?

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Joining the future today and getting a PS4 so I can play Yakuza and a myraid of other wonderful exclusives! :toot:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

it's not out yet for a few weeks. did some stores break street date or something?

I'm doing a review, I can't speak for others.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Video Nasty posted:

Joining the future today and getting a PS4 so I can play Yakuza and a myraid of other wonderful exclusives! :toot:

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Video Nasty posted:

getting a PS4

Better be a Pro, pauper.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Yeah, after like 50 attempts (some falling off the air buses too because after landing Kat handles about as gracefully as Geralt before the alternate movement patch) I finally got it. I have no idea what I did differently though; "hit R2 as you hit the ground" doesn't really leave much open for interpretation.

I just kept hitting R2 while falling and it always worked :shrug:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Better be a Pro, pauper.

Oh right, the one that delivers me unto the future. :)

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Video Nasty posted:

Oh right, the one that delivers me unto the future. :)

Do Not Disappoint Dave Lang.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I mean if you're gonna buy a PS4 at this point, it might as well be a Pro. Why wouldn't you want the best possible performance/graphics out of a console you're dumping a few hundreds into?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I'm gonna check with my local GameStop to see if they're doing the turn in your poor get credit on a pro

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

verbal enema posted:

I'm gonna check with my local GameStop to see if they're doing the turn in your poor get credit on a pro

is there a special deal for that? I would like to turn in my poor for credit on a not poor

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

man nurse posted:

I mean if you're gonna buy a PS4 at this point, it might as well be a Pro. Why wouldn't you want the best possible performance/graphics out of a console you're dumping a few hundreds into?

But do I really need a pro? What if I don't have a 4k TV?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
op add some pay day loan websites to the op for the op

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

ketchup vs catsup posted:

is there a special deal for that? I would like to turn in my poor for credit on a not poor

afaik they're offering an extra $50 in credit for an old PS4 right now.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

People in this thread:

"I don't have a 4k TV and I'm a super casual gamer I don't need all those lame pro features, I'll just get a slim. You guys are just throwing away your money"

"Oh gently caress boost mode and bloodborne/darksouls/the witcher gently caress time to check the couch cushions"

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Slim, named for their wallets.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Well sure, if you don't have a 4K TV (I don't have one either) the improvements are probably negligible to a lot of people. But they're there. All I'm saying is if you don't already have a PS4, why not just buy the Pro if you're already gonna plunk down the money for a standard?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

idk man $100 is a lot

*buys all the Wii amiibos*

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

What if I could afford a 4K tv and a slim, but getting that pro costs just enough more that I have to get a 1080p tv? Then again, if I get a pro, do I even need a tv?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

People in this thread:

"I don't have a 4k TV and I'm a super casual gamer I don't need all those lame pro features, I'll just get a slim. You guys are just throwing away your money"

"Oh gently caress boost mode and bloodborne/darksouls/the witcher gently caress time to check the couch cushions"

I am no casual gamer

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

N4Dogges I beg you to change the thread title to Buy A Pro and whatever the name of that 4K TV is.

What's the thing everyone else asks?

Oh yeah the name of that 2Tb drive.

You know in your heart it's the right thing.

Umbasa

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

verbal enema posted:

I am no casual gamer

Neither am I. Black tie usually, but semi-formal at the very least

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

N4Dogges I beg you to change the thread title to Buy A Pro and whatever the name of that 4K TV is.

Umbasa

Please don't tell goons to be dumb with money, because they will be.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

Please don't tell goons to be dumb with money, because they will be.

If it stops people asking every four posts then so be it.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
PSProStation: buy a loving Samsung KS8000

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Umbasa

Wait can the OP change the thread title

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

If you guys wanna post poo poo to add to the OP then by all means, not that anyone reads the OP

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I'm the best put that in the OP

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Wait can the OP change the thread title

no but you can ask VG to do it via pm since its your thread. if you should want to

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Vote for new thread title?

PlayStation 4: Just buy a pro and KS8000 already and stfu you poor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

put that nioh is coming to the PC in the op, and also mention how much the psn sucks, and something about jay reatard i guess idk