Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
goddammit Northwestern

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Well hopefully Melo is out of his slump now. Just need to beat Wisc this weekend and we've got the conference since I"m sure Purdue will lose a game before the end.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Stop winning, Mizzou

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Stop winning, Mizzou

You have absolutely no reason to worry. Tonight because Bama isn't going to be this completely ice cold all game. On top of like 10 minutes of no Bama baskets they're only up 10, and in general because Kim cannot save his job without things that are impossible to imagine happening.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Well it took forever to end but Clones beat KSU. Gave up a big lead though.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mizzou winning means LSU comes in last in the SEC. Hey guys remember Shaq? Me neither.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
23-18 at the half, catch the excitement!

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost
Will this be the end of Gottball ?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Cholmondeley posted:

Will this be the end of Gottball ?

You know, for all the criticism of State's season and especially the defense, they really hunkered down tonight to keep UNC in double digits.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

kiimo posted:

Mizzou winning means LSU comes in last in the SEC. Hey guys remember Shaq? Me neither.

I still remember Temple tanking Redick's draft stock in the tourney.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Firebatgyro posted:

Northwestern's crowd is easily the best I've heard in the Big10 this year. Shame about the team though

yeah, that was insane. i always knew welsh-ryan would be a fantastic venue because it's so small and on top of the court if people would actually show, shame they're renovating it and next year they're going to be in the loving 17,000-seat all state arena which will be terrible. i figured this would be a loss- maryland is a really bad matchup for Northwestern without Lindsey and McIntosh and Law went 40 against Wisconsin on Sunday night, but at least Isaiah Brown came alive a little bit and they made that little run at the end. No one cares about this loss, literally the only thing that matters is making the tournament and as long as they don't totally choke down the stretch they're still fine.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
God drat. Butler just dropped 105 in a conference game against St. John's.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Oh, Indiana. Just block out and you win.

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

PotatoJudge posted:

Oh, Indiana. Just block out and you win.

bro do you even know who you are talking to

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Eat all the poo poo Wisconsin

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Least Wisconsin played more than 5 competent minutes on offense this loss. Trice to Happ was working really nicely in the 1st half.
edit: Happ went 10 of 13 with 6 dimes. Wisconsin made 23 shots. What a beast.

Coco13 fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Feb 17, 2017

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Ty Michigan

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
Valparaiso-Oakland almost looks like it's not a full-color broadcast

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I'm not sure how Devontae Graham and the Ukrainemaker combine to go 2-18 and Kansas still beats Baylor, but hell yeah. Between the West Virginia comeback and this it feels like this is either a team of destiny or they're going to lose to Northwestern in the second round or something.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
lol KU is gonna get wrecked in the tournament. All these big wins in conference are like comeback wins by a bucket

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
gently caress Duke. :smith:

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes
rock all of the chalk, imo

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Florida won't make it out of the round of 32 without Egbunu.

We might lose today and we'll definitely lose the next two against SCAR and UK.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Hahaha and now our best offensive player goes down.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

northwestern's inevitable home loss to rutgers knocking them out of the tournament tonight is so obvious that it has already happened

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Purdue fans chanting "We love Dakich" lol

Also, they had a sideline feature on how Bridges is offended that everyone always talks about Swanigan, pretty standard sideline fluff piece.
Dakich was literally: "Who cares", stfu Bridges :lol:

Edit: Please be ok Vince :ohdear:

ColdBlooded fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Feb 18, 2017

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
i really hate izzo and nothing would make me happier than if we continued playing the way we are and win by 20

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

RIP Eron Harris

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
pudue destroys michigan state, it's just so beautiful, get hosed MSU

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Purdue got a ton of home cooking and took advantage. They won't get that @Michigan, that's the only game on the schedule that worries me unless Lindsey gets back for NW

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
RIP georgia dude.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it's over RIP Northwestern

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lol jesus christ this game took a year off my life loving rutgers

still, northwestern ties last year's school record 20 win season with four to go and probably one more win does it

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Ohio state imploding late at home vs Nebraska. This loving team

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Really starting to wonder if we would've been a bubble team had Ed Morrow not missed seven games :(

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Worst game of the Tony Bennett era at UVA. Wouldn't have been close even if they hit a few of the open 3s they kept missing.

Really don't like the direction this season is taking across the board, at the point probably just have to hope that Nova goes back to back.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Lmao the refs gave Wisconsin 20 FT attempts in the first half, we turned the ball over 11 times and somehow we're still winning

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Firebatgyro posted:

Lmao the refs gave Wisconsin 20 FT attempts in the first half, we turned the ball over 11 times and somehow we're still winning

Have the refs finally decided to start calling Trimble's flops?

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Poque posted:

Have the refs finally decided to start calling Trimble's flops?

Nah Melo has actually gotten more calls then he normally has the past 2 years. But any time one of our players looks at a Wisc player its a foul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
dear UNLV,

10 straight

Hugs and kisses.

• Locked thread