Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the next season, fullmaidal panic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

chumbler posted:

I would like some original stuff to help flesh out Elma.

Also we still have the hot springs episode to go.

What was objectionable about the hot springs chapter? Nothing jumps out from my memory.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

chumbler posted:

I would like some original stuff to help flesh out Elma.

Also we still have the hot springs episode to go.

I mean there's been anime original stuff for most of the characters, so I imagine Elma'd get some too unless she appears super late.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I mean there's been anime original stuff for most of the characters, so I imagine Elma'd get some too unless she appears super late.

It sounds like she does appear quite late - like episode 8 I think is what people are guessing based off of released episode titles. Still probably some time for some original material though.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
this episode furthers proves that everyone is gay for dragons and the corollary: nobody is straight for dragons

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
So what are the odds that the anime caps off with an extended version of the encounter with Tohru's dad?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

QuantaStarFire posted:

So what are the odds that the anime caps off with an extended version of the encounter with Tohru's dad?

That'd be a great capstone. I'm kinda pulling for that.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

QuantaStarFire posted:

I'm expecting that or Kobayashi and Tohru's first meeting. Though I wouldn't be surprised if the final episode does both

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

this episode was really really good and this show ... is really really good. except for, uh, some of that stuff with lucoa, that was extremely not good. you could even say it was bad?

i liked getting to see takiya and fafnir's quiet home life. :nyoron: all the characters in this show are really sweet, huh?

i hope they put out nendoroids for this show!

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.
In a twist no-one saw coming, Kanna was the wicked one all along.

I'm kinda surprised they kept the Kanna/Saikawa and Lucoa/shotaShouta parts in this episode. At least in the manga those were part of the ongoing joke that the dragons have weird morals and are super manipulative. In the anime that aspect has been downplayed so it seems out of place as well as creepy.

Oh well, time to interpret those scenes in the most favourable way possible so it doesn't sour the rest of the show.

ultimatemegax
Feb 20, 2006

Damn Kiva symbols....

A Tin Of Beans posted:

i hope they put out nendoroids for this show!

Nendoroids are made by Good Smile Company, who pays royalties (about 3% or so) to the production committee per amount made and shipped to retailers if they are not on the committee for a show. As they're not on the committee for this show, they'd have to see if it makes financial sense for them to make a figure and if they have enough resources/space/time to do so compared to other titles that have more popular merchandise or titles where they are on the committee (like Little Witch Academia).

Kyoto Animation has made similar SD-style figures, but only for K-On! in the movie ending animation costumes. It's unlikely they'll make them for this series.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

We totally entered oneeshota country didn't we. :whatup:

Also if y'all get creeped out by this, better jump ship now. Cool Kyoushinsha already made a oneeshota doujin at least once.

Negostrike fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Feb 16, 2017

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Malloc Voidstar posted:

I hope Kanna didn't eat that snail

Please Kanna, don't hurt 'em.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

UberJew posted:

this episode furthers proves that everyone is gay for dragons and the corollary: nobody is straight for dragons

*bravely steps forward* I am.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am glad that the little wooden gorilla carving keeps showing up, and I'm glad Fafnir has a nice boyfriend.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Feb 16, 2017

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

A Tin Of Beans posted:

this episode was really really good and this show ... is really really good. except for, uh, some of that stuff with lucoa, that was extremely not good. you could even say it was bad?

Lucoa needs to stop scaring kids with her tits.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I fully respect someone not liking the tittydragon bit this ep but I thought it was funny as someone who has no manga context for how it played out there and all. It's dumb fan-service poo poo but they use the music and art and all to make it more light hearted than overtly "CHECK THESE TITTIES OUT". Dumb and probably not needed in the grand scheme, sure, but at least they made it funny, that's worth a few points at least.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I fully respect someone not liking the tittydragon tit

I don't.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
"heh, it sounds like they're playing Spy vs. Spy or something"

(two seconds later)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's good to respect the classics.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I also loved that Takiya was making a bullet hell that totally looks like a solid bullet hell.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Spiritus Nox posted:

I also loved that Takiya was making a bullet hell that totally looks like a solid bullet hell.

fafnir, dodging every bullet covering the entire screen with perfect accuracy: "you need to make this fight harder"

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

........It would be easier to play off Lucoa's complete lack of morals and shame about showing her body to a child if Kobayashi also weren't 100% cool with it. Not a single "what are you DOING", and instead "yeah sure I guess she'll be a succubus to the kid for a while longer" :catstare:

e: I'm still watching, and gosh, Fafnir living with the otaku is just adorably cute. I'm still annoyed that to rec this to friends I'll have to add "and skip the first half of ep 6, it's bad", but...show's still good despite that part, so.

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Feb 16, 2017

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

I guess you'll have to skip the entirety of ep 7 and maybe the rest.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Negrostrike posted:

I choose to have faith in Kyoani, and go as far with this show as I can!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Negrostrike posted:

What makes you say that?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/jonjonaug/status/831984868275998720

https://twitter.com/bappypawsbitch/status/831990778046013440

https://twitter.com/lashiec/status/832049163860844544

https://twitter.com/shirotorajun/status/831918427967139840

https://twitter.com/andrearitsu/status/831929117784281088

https://twitter.com/jadbsaxton/status/831537608186589185

https://twitter.com/shirotorajun/status/832117642496401408

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

StrixNebulosa posted:

........It would be easier to play off Lucoa's complete lack of morals and shame about showing her body to a child if Kobayashi also weren't 100% cool with it. Not a single "what are you DOING", and instead "yeah sure I guess she'll be a succubus to the kid for a while longer" :catstare:

e: I'm still watching, and gosh, Fafnir living with the otaku is just adorably cute. I'm still annoyed that to rec this to friends I'll have to add "and skip the first half of ep 6, it's bad", but...show's still good despite that part, so.

I just give a general caveat like, "There's some jokes that have implications, but if you can forgive or ignore that, it's a fun, cute time." I do wish I could just recommend more anime to people without qualifications like these, but I guess anime gotta anime.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

This is good.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Negrostrike posted:

From the preview that just looks like regular big titty fanservice and sex jokes, which is "for the win" as the kids say

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Linking jonjonaug today is some A+ comedic timing lmao

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DisDisDis posted:

lol

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

DisDisDis posted:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So the anime and how it portrays Fafnir is pretty great. The way he's really down Makes it sound like he has a lot more history than just "Humans tried to steal his treasure" which is what the manga just brushed it off as to explain why he was so grumpy.

DisDisDis posted:

I know nothing about twitter nerds so what's the story here?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Nuebot posted:

I know nothing about twitter nerds so what's the story here?

adtrw user banned for being a pedophile

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Meat Beat Agent posted:

"heh, it sounds like they're playing Spy vs. Spy or something"

(two seconds later)

Yeah that was a hell of a pull. Like, I only remember seeing spy vs spy in the old Nintendo power days

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

DisDisDis posted:

Only the best for this thread!

https://twitter.com/yuamaria/status/828653973699588096

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
well dressed doragon

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

The Colonel posted:

adtrw user banned for being a pedophile

:catstare:

I was wondering why I hadn't seen them around in a long time...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I mean it's been like three years...

• Locked thread